Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 09-06-2017, 03:26 PM

Default Record request

My cousin was once a corrections officer. She was fired for what we were once told by her as have a relationship with an inmate. She continued said relationship outside after his release and subsequently she turned him in for stalking and other things which may have been contributing factors as to why he's back in prison. Anyways now there have been many allegations and police reports of her abusing her kids. We would like to gather evidence that supports our claim she has been having a mental break down. Is there a way to get the records that indicate why she was terminated from her corrections job in Sterling and why she can't work for the state of Colorado again?

This has been a frew months long battle and CPS and the police won't do anything.

I need help. Her poor kids are the ones who need help and they are only 13 and 5 yrs old.
Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2017, 06:10 PM

Thanked 1,133 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladiewhspr View Post
My cousin was once a corrections officer. She was fired for what we were once told by her as have a relationship with an inmate. She continued said relationship outside after his release and subsequently she turned him in for stalking and other things which may have been contributing factors as to why he's back in prison. Anyways now there have been many allegations and police reports of her abusing her kids. We would like to gather evidence that supports our claim she has been having a mental break down. Is there a way to get the records that indicate why she was terminated from her corrections job in Sterling and why she can't work for the state of Colorado again?

This has been a frew months long battle and CPS and the police won't do anything.

I need help. Her poor kids are the ones who need help and they are only 13 and 5 yrs old.
Thanks!!
Have you spoken with a lawyer yet?
Old 09-06-2017, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
Have you spoken with a lawyer yet?
My aunt has a lawyer yet it's not a very good one. There is a hearing in a couple weeks. But it seems noone wants to help. I just want to get as much info as possible.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:04 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,643 Times in 809 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladiewhspr View Post

Thanks!!

As far as getting any kind or records from her former employer. Next to impossible. The kind of action involve here between her and her employer are
Personal matters. No employer with release such information to any one.
The party involved in the Personal issue may try to obtain these records, but more then likely their request will also be denied do to some type of policy or procedure..
The reason she can not work for the State of Colorado , any more is she is black balled from ever obtaining state employment . Do to her involvement with a resident of a correctional facility and her as a Correctional staff member. These types of things are frowned upon nation wide
You may try talking to an attorney about this matter but more then likely your cousin will need to start this process also.
If said minor children are in danger in any way shape or form and CPS removes these children from the home . The children will end up in foster care until a hearing is held to determine if a relative may have the children while the matter proceeds through the system. On the other side of this issue should the father( no matter how no good) gets wind of this CPS action and can provide a stable living environment the children will be given to him unless their is some type of child custody agreement in effect if they are divorced.

Last edited by Patrickj; 09-06-2017 at 08:45 PM..
Old 09-06-2017, 08:13 PM

Thanked 1,133 Times in 580 Posts

I hope she is in therapy of some kind.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:29 PM

Thanked 9,881 Times in 5,550 Posts

The fact that she was terminated due to a violation of employee rules is not going to be indicia of 'mental breakdown.' It is also NOT something that helps her in a proceeding related to CPS issues as it then etches into an official record the history of poor decision making and an inability to follow rules.

That being said, if the attorney subpoenas them, then they would be available.
The Following User Says Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
nimuay (09-06-2017)
Old 09-06-2017, 09:00 PM

Thanks everyone. CPS hasn't removed the children despite the older of the 2 telling them multiple times she was scared to go back when she'd have a night away or tell them of said abuse. All because it happened in a different state. I just hope all of her "poor decision making" is seen by the judge because there is alot. I'm new to dealing with all of this and the system is Soo corrupt and broken.