Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 07-04-2017, 07:48 PM

[quote=PerryvillePlaya;7643375]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_nox View Post
Has anyone ever used Postcardly? It looks like it'd be fun!

Does anyone know if they will accept these at the Jails. I finally got some pre metered post cards to be able to send my friend but they are not very user friendly and def boring. Ahh well maybe ill just give it a shot and see what happens.
I use Pigeon.ly and they do the same thing. Prisons here dont accept cards, but they accept these postcards with no problems.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2017, 03:23 AM

Default Can anyone give me some ideas on some creative mail?

Can anyone give me some ideas on some creative mail? My life out here alone is just not exciting enough to write about everyday. I like to send at least a little letter everyday. I'm afraid I'm boring him to tears. I mean, he asked me to write and tell him of my day but geesh, I almost fall asleep from boredom just writing it. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-31-2017, 03:40 AM

I sometimes look on Pinterest it's some cool stuff on there
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Renea0428 For This Useful Post:
Byondmycntrl (08-31-2017), maytayah (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 06:41 AM

You could maybe print little regular or love questionaires to fill out and you do one too and then send them back to each other to compare results or just learn about each other. Or I've seen on Pinterest where you can write different envelopes and fill them with stuff, for example: Open when you miss me, Open when you need a good laugh, Open when you've had a bad day, etc. And then just find things you could write or print off the internet for each subject Another thing my husband and I do is read the same books so we can talk about them to each other.
Old 08-31-2017, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&F1403 View Post
You could maybe print little regular or love questionaires to fill out and you do one too and then send them back to each other to compare results or just learn about each other. Or I've seen on Pinterest where you can write different envelopes and fill them with stuff, for example: Open when you miss me, Open when you need a good laugh, Open when you've had a bad day, etc. And then just find things you could write or print off the internet for each subject Another thing my husband and I do is read the same books so we can talk about them to each other.

I just found those open when envelopes on Pinterest right before I got this message. You've got some good ideas...think I'll try a couple. Thank you very much!
Taffy
The Following User Says Thank You to Byondmycntrl For This Useful Post:
S&F1403 (09-01-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byondmycntrl View Post
Can anyone give me some ideas on some creative mail? My life out here alone is just not exciting enough to write about everyday. I like to send at least a little letter everyday. I'm afraid I'm boring him to tears. I mean, he asked me to write and tell him of my day but geesh, I almost fall asleep from boredom just writing it. Thanks in advance.
I get ALOT of my ideas off Pintrest. One I recently did was i found a clip art kiss I liked printed out a bunch of them and wrote on the back of each cut out kiss a different reason why I'd be kissing him ex: cuz I love you, I'm missing you, you make me smile etc. He can carry one in his shirt pocket, i put them in the middle of his letter and he loved them!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to tigertat88 For This Useful Post:
Byondmycntrl (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 01:10 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 14,179 Times in 5,434 Posts

Quote:
I've moved your post to a thread full of mail ideas. It's about a zillion pages long-- bound to be something in here to spark some creativity!
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Byondmycntrl (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 08:01 PM

My husband and I wrote a devotional book he served 21 years and grew and changed so much. I can send them to anyone that would like one free of charge if anyone would like to have one for their loved one. It is only black and white half size book of staples paper.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quackenbooboo For This Useful Post:
Byondmycntrl (08-31-2017), fiat_nox (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 09:17 PM
still batshit crazy

Thanked 1,153 Times in 562 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackenbooboo View Post
My husband and I wrote a devotional book he served 21 years and grew and changed so much. I can send them to anyone that would like one free of charge if anyone would like to have one for their loved one. It is only black and white half size book of staples paper.
PM'd you!
Quackenbooboo (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 10:10 PM

Go to papertoys dot com and print some really cool papers that have things your loved one can build out of paper ... I went to dollar tree and bought one of those 3D image books where you stare at the dots and see a picture I would rip them out every so often and write a letter on the back or just include in a letter. There are places online that you can generate your own crossword puzzle with clues specific to your relationship that was cool also make your own word find. For Christmas one year I sent my husband 12 days of Christmas on the first day was a picture of me under our tree and everyday I added to the song I numbered the envelopes so he knew which one to open when. I put confetti in them and used all sort of cool things for the 12 days. One year I bought him a star and named it after him they send you a real certificate so I mailed it to him. He loved that.
Old 08-31-2017, 10:44 PM

Cardstore dot com. Type Custom greeting cards they mail for you.
Made him a puzzle one time that was neat.
Hoocymail dot com will help you write some steamy letters they have mild to way way erotic I took one of those paper banners with the letters that spell happy birthday and happy anniversary and congratulations and took them apart cut off all the metal parts and wrote on the back of each letter and mailed them one at a time until he got all of them he would hang them on the wall for his bday. Or special occasion. Merry Christmas one also. Dollar tree has advent calendars, and paper manger scenes and even a santas workshop I sent before. I got tons of his baby and childhood pics and sent to him. He writes poems and I write response to it and send to him that is fun. We have made thankful trees before.( trace hand and wrist to make tree then get leaf stickers write what we are thankful for and stick onto our tree.) send book marks. Find really old cards from the thrift store or from around the world and send. I disassembled a party hat once and wrote a letter in it and sent to him. print funny memes offline and send
The Following User Says Thank You to Quackenbooboo For This Useful Post:
maytayah (09-01-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackenbooboo View Post

I would really like one for my Dusty...
Old 09-01-2017, 06:36 AM

Quote:
I would really like one for my Dusty...
Send me an address to send it to and I will mail one out asap
Old 09-01-2017, 01:56 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 14,179 Times in 5,434 Posts

Here's an easy print-and-share idea...Our new issue of the Quarterly is available. Check it out in this thread!

Past issues can be found in this thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
maytayah (09-01-2017)