Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 05-30-2010, 07:28 PM
I love my doofas!

Thanked 7,130 Times in 3,711 Posts

Aww all these new mail ideas and he's coming home soon! lol

#1 sounds cute.. I might do something like that as a farewell prison - hello ME mail idea LOL

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2010, 08:34 PM
Lovin my man..

ive made crosswords, sent pics of my body split up so he could put it together like a pin up sent letters for each reason i love him sent cards..put cut outs in them so they fall in his lap, drew him pics..
1 John 3:18 Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth.

Even if a million miles seperated us, it wouldnt stop me from loving you ♥
Old 05-30-2010, 08:45 PM
Waiting is the hardest

I man has been in 18 years and is way behind on all the changes in the free world. I've been sending him stuff about some of the changes like pics and describing the differences in vcr tapes, dvds, cassette tapes, cds, mp3, cell phones, etc.

He is also into space so I found a good picture of the Atlantis lift off that happened a couple weeks ago, saved it to my SD card and took it to walgreens for printing. its looks like i was there. my next project is a "date" on one of the local planets complete with pictures of "our room" at the motel! there's several things you can do with the stuff from the net depending on what your man is interested in.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:13 PM
Life Lovin Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 2,233 Times in 1,383 Posts

There is a sticky in this forum by Boo Boo <3 that has great ideas in it. You should check it out.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=474391

Last edited by Tina; 05-30-2010 at 11:19 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Tina For This Useful Post:
PTO-189145 (05-31-2010)
Old 05-31-2010, 05:43 AM

Default Creative Mail Idea

I am going to try this starting this week. The note to my love one starts like this: Have you ever been showered with love? Have you ever been showered with photos? I then explain to him in a creative way that he is going to receive photos of me(as a symbol of love) up until a certain date(like my next visit) The longer it takes me to visit, the more photos he gets. Granted when I do this, I know that I am planning a visit within a week or two prior to starting something like this. I think it is a good way to remind him of you and to let him know that you are thinking of him. You can send a brief message (romantic or otherwise ) with each photo. Just make sure that the ending photo leads to something special for your man.

Do you have a picture of your man that you love? If so, find someone that draws and have them draw the picture and send it to your man with a note of love/appreciation or just something special. Tell him why you love the photo that you choose.

I am going to try both of these ideas which I came up with myself. When you have a loved one that is incarcerated you have to learn to think outside the box and do things in a different way. You have to be creative.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you try and how it works for you.

Good Luck!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twinflame2 For This Useful Post:
ClosetFreak (09-22-2011), Shanaemill (05-31-2010)
Old 06-01-2010, 10:14 AM
I *AM* Superman
Donation Award 

LOL okay - she and I always used to have a friendly fight about how we cut the lawn. She would ALWAYS cut it in straight diagonal lines. I would mow around the perimeter in a circle that got progressively smaller.

So I took a picture of the lawn after I mowed it in circles, took a pen and traced the circle pattern, and wrote "BWAHAHAHAHAHA!" on it.

She said it made her laugh so hard!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PaulM For This Useful Post:
EpicLife (07-06-2010), Hallwaywalker (06-13-2010), horsegirl22 (03-04-2013), plmodel (08-09-2010), Tamara981 (12-10-2010), taushylove (04-01-2014)
Old 06-02-2010, 11:22 AM
keepin it REAL since 1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
LOL okay - she and I always used to have a friendly fight about how we cut the lawn. She would ALWAYS cut it in straight diagonal lines. I would mow around the perimeter in a circle that got progressively smaller.

So I took a picture of the lawn after I mowed it in circles, took a pen and traced the circle pattern, and wrote "BWAHAHAHAHAHA!" on it.

She said it made her laugh so hard!
That is effin hilarious!!! Lol!!!
Old 06-02-2010, 11:32 AM

Wow I have never thought of doing any of those things didn't even know that you could send half that stuff to any prison but I sure plan on trying some of the ideas that you ladies have given me an I'm not very creative but I'm going to do my best.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:20 PM
Donation Award 

My boyfriend has been in a lot of different facilities throughout the past year and I have sent a piece of mail for everyday. I have done many creative things and want to share them with everyone.

1. I have used smilebox which is a scrapbooking program to create a scrapbook with our pictures that I print out on regular printer paper and sent it to Jim. Only catch with smile box is that is $2.99 to print out your book, but it is always your book. I have only done this once, every other time I have created the pages in word for free. Added my pictures and added embellishments. If anyone is interested in me sending them a sheet with directions on how to make a scrapbook on word jus PM me, it also includes websites for embellishments.

2. Jimmy was in a facility that wouldnít allow stickers on the envelopes (Iím a sticker freak and every single piece of mail is absolutely covered in stickers and each envelope has a theme) so I bought a bunch of envelopes from AC Moore, different colors and stamps and stamp pads. I used the stamps instead of the stickers. I can get a bit expensive but usually AC Moore or Michaelís will have a clearance bin with stamps for $0.50 or $1.00 so I usually wait to buy my stamps in those bins.

3. Envelope Liners: I find cool clipart or backgrounds all over the internet usually on photobucket and print it out on a piece a paper, then I trace the size of the flap of the envelope and cut out the piece of paper and past it inside of it, it just makes it prettier when you open the letter. Some facilities wonít allow this because you can hide things underneath it, but I was able to do it at all halfway houses.

4. PEA FONTS!!! If you Google the Amanda & Kevin blog you will see that she offers a entire set of what she refers to as PEA Fonts. Or you can browse through the fonts and doodles and downloads which one you like. I like these fonts because they are handwriting fonts and you can customize your letters differently. Also, the doodles are cute when I put them suddenly throughout the letter or on the side of the paper because they look like doodles. I type majority of my letters so I like the fonts but for those of you who handwrite and idea is to type a quote or poem with these fonts and doodles on the top of your page and print it out either with lines on it or not and write your letter on that.

5. Postcard conversation. I bought a pack of postcards at Wal-mart, very inexpensive and comes with about 100 or so I donít remember. On the front of the postcard I will put a picture of us, quotes, or poems, anything inspiring as well as a word or sometimes a phrase. As we receive the cards daily he puts them together and the word or phrase will eventually spell out a whole conversation. It really gives them something to look forward too. I have had friends whose boyfriends or husbands who were able to tape it to the wall of their cell and their entire wall was filled with post cards!

6. The Chicken Soup for the Prisoners Soul or The Chicken Soup for the Recovering Soul is a fantastic book with very good inspirational stories for inmates, inmates going through recovering, or recovering addicts in general. Every so often I will scan a story from one of those books that I find very inspirational and I send it to Jimmy with my little notes attached of what I thought, and then he can write what he thinks and sends it back. I have scanned both books entirely so if anyone is interested in me sending them any of the stories feel free to PM me!

I cut out newspaper articles regarding local news, sports, and a variety of other things that I know my BF likes, I then photocopy them into a college type page and again write my notes about things. Some facilities don't allow actual newspaper clippings but they have all allowed my photocopy sheets.

I hope my ideas have given you some insight and inspiration I know sometimes you stare at the paper and have run out of ideas! If anyone would like anything that I have mentioned please feel free to PM me and I will send anything to you you'd like!

Last edited by JmsGrL; 06-02-2010 at 03:22 PM..
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to JmsGrL For This Useful Post:
Angelique2 (06-02-2010), angels_girl (06-02-2010), benedick66 (01-12-2014), brittney1105 (08-26-2013), HumaHuma (11-06-2013), kanbmee (09-20-2010), lil peep (12-07-2010), Nluvwitdaddy (02-13-2011), PaulM (06-03-2010), PolkaDotKimmy (07-20-2013), Shanaemill (06-05-2010), shawn1221 (05-23-2017), shrimplady (02-15-2015), slim07 (04-08-2012), Stephen's girl (07-01-2010), taushylove (04-01-2014), Wish (02-14-2012)
Old 06-03-2010, 02:20 PM
Account Closed

Thanked 1,278 Times in 589 Posts

Something I really love to do is a picture mosaic. There are several programs for free on web and it looks great!
Old 06-03-2010, 02:33 PM

there are a lot of great poems on www.lovingyou.com i have sent them to my husband a lot.
The Following User Says Thank You to godislove52 For This Useful Post:
MicrowaveMassacre (07-09-2010)
Old 06-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Waiting is the hardest

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveeric01 View Post
Wow I have never thought of doing any of those things didn't even know that you could send half that stuff to any prison but I sure plan on trying some of the ideas that you ladies have given me an I'm not very creative but I'm going to do my best.
be sure to call the prison mailroom and find out what they can have...some places won't allow stickers and others do....that helps with the imagination thing!
Old 06-04-2010, 09:20 PM

When mailing to prisons, why types of things can you mail, are you allowed pictures, or just inparticular, my fiance made me this ring (like a fake engagement ring) out of a straw a few years back and i kept it, can i send that with a letter?
Old 06-05-2010, 02:24 AM

Thumbs up Don't know what to send him next? i have an idea!

Hi guys just wanted to tell u of a really cool website i found to turn regular pictures into...cool pictures,haha idk what to call them anyways heres the name of the site
funny. pho.to
and check out the ones i made,i plan on printing them out and sending them to my baby for Father's Day,i'm sure he'll get a kick outta them,maybe u can post yours as well,have fun and come back with ur creations!!

P.S. You can also make super cool avatars and/or signature pictures like mine <3

"...yo lo unico que quiero es que no olvides que te espero y que me muero si tu no estas
quiero que no olvides que siempre te voy a esperar" Intocable
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to anacecy For This Useful Post:
bsure59 (07-23-2013), decoprincess (06-05-2010), HumaHuma (11-06-2013), PaulM (06-20-2010), Stephen's girl (07-01-2010)
Old 06-06-2010, 03:03 AM
missing my hubby

Smile Mail Idea :)

I just wanted to share a cute idea my friends wife did for her bf overseas. she cut out hearts and wrote quotes in them and sent a heart a day out with her letters to let her loved one know how she felt. i thought that was really cute so i found these lil saying/quotes on facebook and here they are:

1) I finally found the man who proved to me they all aren't the same <3

2) Distance cannot separate our two joined hearts, I believe in us.

3) I love my crazy lovable sometimes stupid boyfriend! But thats why we're perfect for each other!!

4) You may be miles away, and not anywhere close to me, but I still think of you..forever and always!

5) No matter how mad you make me, just the sound of your voice makes me smile

6) You have my heart, my trust, your in my head, in my dreams. I love you so much its unbelievable! Your my one and only!

7) The nights I don't dream about you, are the nights I stay up thinking of you.

8) Love you 2 day + love you 2morrow = love you 4 ever

9) The world is gonna throw us 9,788,996 reasons why our relationship won't work. But baby I'm armed with one reason why it will! "I LOVE YOU"

10) Your my fairytale..

11) I only have eyes for one man! I love you baby!

12) No matter where life takes us. Nothing can break us apart. You know its true! I just wanna be with you <3

13) My heart smiles when I think of you

14)The happiest place isn't Disneyland! Its being in your arms, kissing you, and hearing you say that you love me!

Feel free to write ideas or quotes..I need them I'm running out of ideas to keep my letters entertaining.

I became a mommy to a beautiful baby boy on 1-20-2012 <3

I love both my boys very much! I love you Jamie and Anthony <3

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jamies_Angel For This Useful Post:
kanbmee (09-20-2010), MicrowaveMassacre (07-09-2010), PolkaDotKimmy (07-20-2013), reesiegirl34 (01-23-2011), slim07 (04-08-2012), Stephen's girl (07-01-2010), Tamara981 (12-10-2010)
Old 06-07-2010, 09:29 AM

ok ladies.....*sigh*

i found out why he may not been writing me lately...he was denied parole...i talked to his councelor. Im sooo down right now. Thats why i hate getting my hopes up. He probably dont want to tell me. He doesnt have that much time left. 8months, but this is my first time going through this. i really love this man and i know hes going through it. He has known since the 1st. I just have o be strong for him. I hope they ship him closer to me so i can see him. Damn i miss him. Ive been dreaming about him alot lately. Sorry u guys...hope yall have a wonderful day
Old 06-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Waiting is the hardest

Rasual: time to step up your mail game! get him a few silly cards and write him the most awsomeness letter you've ever written! he's gonna need you to help pull him out of his silence and know you are still there know matter what. getting busy like that will help you too....you gotta get moving...don't let this drag you down!!! its times like these that being a long distance acquaintence is a pain....be grabbing your hand and pullin ya to your feet to drag you out to the card store!!! chin up, stand tall, and get going....you can do this!!!!
Old 06-08-2010, 10:53 PM
Faithfully His Forever!

I have done sooo many things from writing poems, to making him cards, I cut out newspaper and magazine clipping like words or sentences that describe how I feel about him. I even did the ABC's of my love for him:
A: You are absolutely amazing to me.
B: You are my bestfriend
C: You are my comic relief on a bad day.
D: I love your dimples.
E: I want to spend eternity with you.
F: You are an excellent father.
G: You are a gift from God.
H: I am happiest when I'm with you.
I: Without you I am incomplete, you complete me.
J: I only get jealous over you.
K: Your kisses give me goosebumps.
L: You are my true love and I'm lucky to have you in my life.
M: I treasure every moment with you.
N: Nobody makes me feel the way you do.
O: You are and forever will be my one and only.
P: You can make my panties wet without even touching me.
Q: You make my legs quiver.
R: You are the most romantic guy I know.
S: Sexy (one word says it all)
T: I trust you 100% with my life.
U: You are very unique, there is no one else like you.
V: Just the sound of your voice makes me melt.
W: You know how to make me climb the walls.
X: When your around my heart feels like it's gonnaxplode.
Y: I love you just the way you are.
Z: You bring zest into my life.

That's pretty much how I did it.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to shyraysbabygirl For This Useful Post:
AidsFlame (12-09-2010), CJlovesTC (12-01-2014), Dimplez (06-18-2010), kevinwife (10-08-2011), lil peep (12-07-2010), MicrowaveMassacre (07-09-2010), PaulM (06-09-2010), PTO-189145 (06-19-2010), reesiegirl34 (01-23-2011), S&O8873 (06-21-2010), Stephen's girl (07-01-2010)
Old 06-08-2010, 11:00 PM
Faithfully His Forever!

I have also took different quotes and sayings that I found on the internet and wrote him a whole letter just using those. I would find them then save the pic or whatever to my comp. then open up my word processor and insert them in the order I wanted them until it made complete sentences that made since. I even found a really cool drawing of his name online and used it. Nothing in that whole letter was written by me, but I still said what I wanted to and he thought it was the neatest thing. He also said I must've had a lot of free time on my hands LOL. I don't know how to show you what I'm talking about, but surely you have an idea.

Old 06-13-2010, 08:19 AM

Default Ideas to send

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.shaw View Post
i dont think im that creative...nope i know im not
I think a little origami bird or animal would be neat made with paper that has little hearts on it or some other pattern. Find at a nearby Michaels Crafts.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:45 PM
Forever His Girl

I love this! Those sound exactly like how me and my Babi Boi talk to one another! Of course Ill add my own twist but thanks for the great idea!
Old 06-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Doing The Damn Thing.

Talking I found a website with stamps, postcards & greeting cards specifically for inmates!

www.zazzle.com type in 'inmates' in the search bar.

Some example of the cards:

Outside: YOU FU#KED UP YOU FU#KING FU#K!
Inside: THAT'S OKAY, I STILL LOVE YOU!

Outside: Got Bail?
Inside: Me Niether

Outside: When you feel alone in there..
Inside:Remember my love is in there with you!

- My Favorite -

Outside: I hate that you're in that awful place, so far away from my loving arms. However, if we'd have to look on the bright side I would have to say..
Inside: Who else can make those bland Prison Uniforms look so damn sexy?

Outside: When I said for better or for worse I wasn't expecting this..
Inside: But at least you know I meant it!

Some examples of Postcards:

You're not just a number to me, you're my everything!

You may not be by my side, but you're forever in my heart!

I'd marry you anywhere!

I miss you Boo

There is other stuff - T Shirts, Mugs, Bumper Stickers LOL.
Funny, sexy and loving.
Kind of fun to look at.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:26 PM

wow this sounds pretty cool I will check this out. Great info thanks. Q: will this still be able to get delivered if the inmate in in restitution?
Old 06-15-2010, 04:28 PM

sounds a little harsh on some of the cards.
The Following User Says Thank You to brandon m mom For This Useful Post:
HONE3YDYPPZ (06-19-2010)
Old 06-15-2010, 04:36 PM
Doing The Damn Thing.

I think you deliver them to your house, then mail like you normally would?

I just found out you can customize stamps and stuff.
They are more expensive than normal stamps, but kind of cool for the birthday month or something?