Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events Current news items and information on events related to the Georgia prison and criminal justice system.

Old 11-22-2004, 04:25 PM

Post ARTICLE: Atlanta 3rd on list of DANGEROUS CITIES

Atlanta 3rd On List Of Dangerous Cities

POSTED: 10:16 p.m. EST November 21, 2004

ATLANTA -- Atlanta is third in an annual ranking of the nation's most-dangerous cities, behind Camden, N.J., and Detroit.

Camden was fourth last year. Detroit was first. Atlanta remained third.

St. Louis is fourth this year and Gary, Ind., is fifth.

Atlanta was also rated the most-dangerous city with populations ranging from 100,000 to 499,000 and Macon, Ga., was ranked ninth most-dangerous in cities ranging from 75,000 to 99,999 population.

The rankings are in Morgan Quitno's "City Crime Rankings," an annual reference book of crime statistics to be published next month.

The rankings look at the rate for six crime categories: Murder, rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary and auto theft. It compares 350 cities with populations of 75,000 or more that reported crime data to the FBI. Final 2003 statistics, released by the FBI in October, were used to determine the rankings.

HE'S HOME!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2004, 05:03 PM

I heard this on the way to work this morning when I was listening to the radio.
Be younger and having just grown out of my partying phase in the past few years, I believe it. When I used to go to Buckhead and Midtown all the time, I used to see some crazy things.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:36 PM
"Betty" Fan

Detroit is first eh? No surprise there.......
BUT- they are definitely making huge strides in trying to clean the city up! We just opened our first out door skating rink downtown- how cool is that?
Of course, the Piston fight at the Palace Fri night doesn't help Detroit's image- even though the Palace is in Auburn Hills and not Detroit, it still makes Detroit look like it is full of crazy people. Not true of course- ahh, what can you do!