Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > USP Victorville
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

USP Victorville Topics and discussion specific to USP VIctorville in Adelanto, CA.

Old 06-26-2007, 08:20 AM
So far away

Hope you get your call soon

I didnt get one yesterday...maybe sometime this week!.. im so impatient

Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2007, 10:02 AM

We have all right to be impatient

We wait and wait and wait and wait....
Old 06-26-2007, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvavau
What part of Cali do you live?
I'm in the south bay area in San Jose.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsheart

I still haven't got my first call since he was transferred in to V-ville 5 days ago. I can't take it. I am dying on the inside. When he was down here in Daygo at the local fed facilities for the past couple months he was calling 2-4 times a day and sometimes he would call my cell phone from one of those boot leg calling cards as a surprise. I can't take it...how much longer for a call????
We are really limited on phone calls---about 10 min. once a day. Is this standard? I don't know what a boot leg calling card is...
Old 06-26-2007, 01:54 PM

I am in San Diego California. A boot leg calling card is what we in San Diego call a calling card that you purchase for $5 at the local liquor stores and they can get an hour worth of phone time out of them. It is only certain cards and it only works out of the holding facilities down here as far as I know...I geuss I just got spoiled.

So I would by out the stores in the neighborhood and send him the numbers in my letters. He would call several times a day.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:56 PM

How are the visits? I was reading the rules and regulations and they seem pretty strict. I read that you have to sit across the table and you can only hug when you arrive and depart. Any details?

Girls...sorry I ask so many questions...but V-ville is all new to me...
Old 06-26-2007, 02:10 PM
Donation Award 

Hi;
All I can add to this is that, when my mine was transferred there it was a good week before he could call or send a letter.Reasons for this are usually waiting for the commissary account to become up and running so that they can purchase stamps,pen,paper,envelopes etc and for transferring funds to their phone account..No calling cards here,I'm afraid!Plus,waiting for the number to be added to his list,which sometimes is quick other times it can take quite a while-depends how many other inmates are turning in their phone lists for updates.So hogsheart,the wait so far isn't at all unusual..You will hear from him!
From what the other girls reported about visiting ,they had a fantastic time and I believe hand holding is at the C.O's discrection,as the BOP site clearly states at the beginning and end only..Man,I'd settle for just looking into my darling's beautiful brown eyes,and would consider myself the luckiest woman on earth!

Last edited by Eia; 06-26-2007 at 02:12 PM..
Old 06-26-2007, 03:32 PM

I agree. I can't wait to see him. At this point. Hearing his voice...or even a letter would melt my heart. Thanks for the input. I will just wait inpatiently
Old 06-26-2007, 04:14 PM
So far away

I got my phone call =D.. ahh it was nice to have a 19 minute non interrupted phone call!!! i am super excited about this new beginning! hehehe.. ::jumping up an down::

about visits.. They are pretty slow processing.. so get there early as possible.. make sure your pulling in at 8am.. If your on the grounds before then (even though its open!) they wont let you in. They do the Ion scanner there.. me and Jen both got scanned but we passed. You can have a hug and kiss at the beginning and end of every visit but none between (except hugs during pictures.. no kisses). you can get away with have a good kiss too usually =)~... We held hands walking to and from getting our picture taken and they didnt say anything, we also touched hands a few times while sitting and they didnt say anything then either. You can bring $20 in quarters in a ziploc baggie for the vending machines they have frozen food that you heat up yourself in a microwave. Theres little armless grey plastic chairs that you sit in and they keep a matching 1x2 ft table between you the visitor and the inmate. ... hmm anything else?

Eia.. i hope you can still go visit and look into his eyes =)... dont give up!

Old 06-26-2007, 05:34 PM

Quote:
How are the visits? I was reading the rules and regulations and they seem pretty strict. I read that you have to sit across the table and you can only hug when you arrive and depart. Any details?

Girls...sorry I ask so many questions...but V-ville is all new to me...
It doesn't seem like you're across a table in the traditional sense since it is like plastic lawn furniture with a mini table (at your knees) between you. He put his arm at my waist to walk me to the door when it was time to go without thinking. The impression I get is that they are pretty accommodating unless you are trying to obviously disrespect the rules.

Waiting for processing is endless and painful. My impression of that is that they'll do it when they get to it.

I found the COs to generally be pleasant and not looking to make things difficult. By the last day of visiting, the vending machines will be empty and unstocked so, get yourself something early in the last visit. If you haven't been to the facility, you will feel like you've driven out of civilization, into the desert.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:20 PM

Ok...I am feeling a little better everytime one of you girls post something for me. Thank you for the therapy Day six is here...no call...no letter. I have sent him money via western union quick money, the first day he arrived and I have sent him atleast 3 letter and a card. I hope he is getting them.

I hope all of you are doing well...enough about my problems...is everyone doing alright?
Old 06-28-2007, 10:31 AM

Hey laddies, how is everyone doing?
Chitownbyrd: So are you excited? Im so happy for you and I wish you guys the best. As for me well i'm back to my normal routine with my man, visiting everyweekend. i think hje got the hint about staying out of trouble so I just hopes it stays that way.
Jensmcm: This time when you come around in October, I might get the pleasure in meeting with you in person. that's if my baby is in no trouble. I just have one more year to go trough this. so I'm just wishing it goes by fast. Well ladies take Care
Old 06-28-2007, 10:32 AM

Hogsheart:
Welcome. So you are in San Diego? Well it's not that far from USP well whenever you need us here we are. The ladies her are so great so welcome abord.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:24 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitownbyrd
I got my phone call =D.. ahh it was nice to have a 19 minute non interrupted phone call!!! i am super excited about this new beginning! hehehe..

Eia.. i hope you can still go visit and look into his eyes =)... dont give up!
Now for the next chapter in your book..You deserve it!
And you're right-I shouldn't give up-I really do miss him so much,and not being able to visit is a hard situation to bear..Like he said;what makes it even crueller,is that they know we want to marry and have a future together and really do need contact..He probably even more than me-if that's possible-I tell him not!! LOL
I should have liedddddd!
Old 06-28-2007, 01:28 PM
Donation Award 

Hi jvavau:
I'm so glad your man is out again and you're back to visiting-did you say that he had a year to go-has he been at this one long?
Does anyone know if this facility is for people nearing the end of their term-only mine was told by a couple of inmates that it was?!

Last edited by Eia; 06-28-2007 at 01:30 PM..
Old 06-28-2007, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eia
Hi jvavau:
I'm so glad your man is out again and you're back to visiting-did you say that he had a year to go-has he been at this one long?
Does anyone know if this facility is for people nearing the end of their term-only mine was told by a couple of inmates that it was?!
Hello Eia, Well my baby has been there for one year so i'm not sure if the is a prison for the end of there term. Hopefully everything works out for your man.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:25 PM

I don't know much either...but I know that my honey was told that he would spend the next 15 months there, without much of a chance of being moved or relocated.

I asked on a main discussion page, but nobody replied. How do the prisons approve or deny whether they will grant a prison marriage. What type of guidelines do they use? Do you know what they base there decision off of. I know when you get married on the outside, you go down to the courthouse together and apply for your marriage license. How is it done when one of us is out here and one is in there? Any info for me?

By the way...still no calls and no letters.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:58 AM

Quote:
I don't know much either...but I know that my honey was told that he would spend the next 15 months there, without much of a chance of being moved or relocated.

I asked on a main discussion page, but nobody replied. How do the prisons approve or deny whether they will grant a prison marriage. What type of guidelines do they use? Do you know what they base there decision off of. I know when you get married on the outside, you go down to the courthouse together and apply for your marriage license. How is it done when one of us is out here and one is in there? Any info for me?

By the way...still no calls and no letters.
I'm perty sure that there is no marriages in the federal prison system. You can always call the USP and find out.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:23 PM

I GOT A LETTER TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He said he has been in the hole since he got there, I geuss that is were they sent him as soon as he got there and it is where he will remain until he is classified. He had to borrow the stamp from a guy in the next cell. But he said he got the card that I sent him the first day that I found out where he was. They haven't given him any info on visiting forms. I geuss that all comes with time. I can't wait. Things are slowly but surely coming along. I will just wait. I am just greatful I got the letter.

Thank you so much for being here for me girls. Not many people understand what we are going through and why we choose to stick around.

I feel so much better. I missed my baby so much. I am on top of the world today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe they will keep coming now. HEHEHEHE
Old 06-29-2007, 02:24 PM

I am only talking about the marriage issure because we were talking about getting married before he was sent to Victorille, while he was here in SD feds and I still want to do it.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:01 PM
So far away

Yay!... im happy you finally got your letter.. As for visiting he needs to get a visiting form and mail it to you.. whaever you do.. if you didnt know him before he went to prison lie on there and say you did.. they will deny you if you put no.

Old 06-29-2007, 04:15 PM

We were together two years before he went to in. We have a family. He has kids from a previos relationship and so do I. We have two that I am taking care of by myself. We have a life together. That is what makes this so damn hard. Everything around me reminds me of him. My family always wants details about why he went away.

Now I will just wait for the visiting form and the phone call. Thanks for the encouragement.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:30 PM

Quote:
I am only talking about the marriage issure because we were talking about getting married before he was sent to Victorille, while he was here in SD feds and I still want to do it.
I believe you can marry at Victorville. I was sent a form. According to my guy, they extend the visitation time on the wedding day (meaning, it's a little more lenient so you can have a little together time) to a couple hours.
Old 07-01-2007, 04:40 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,378 Times in 4,637 Posts

You can marry in federal prisons. I think you have to first be on his approved visitor list. The inmate has to submit a written request to his counselor and case manager and warden. You, also, need to send letters to those people also. Include his name and BOP number, your name and DOB and address and when you want to get married. Do you live in the area? If so, you might want to call the chaplain and see if he will do the ceremony. Some will not do it if you are not close by to participate in "premarital counseling" in which case you have to find your own minister or whoever to do the ceremony. That's all I know about that. Zelda
Old 07-04-2007, 02:46 AM

Hello girls!!! It has been awefully quiet in here. I hope all is well with everyone. As for me...it is GREAT!!! Today I got my second letter, which contained a visiting form!!! Yipee. He confirmed that he had received everything I had been sending. And at 8pm...I got the call...THE FIRST CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so happy to hear my baby's voice. I was holding back the tears. It was the best sound in the world, to finally hear his voice! I filled out my form and will be sending it out tomorrow, but tomorrow is a holiday...so the next day. Thanks for all the support. I might be seeing by baby soon.