Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > USP Victorville
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

USP Victorville Topics and discussion specific to USP VIctorville in Adelanto, CA.

Old 01-09-2007, 04:19 PM
So far away

i knew this would happen.. its just my luck.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2007, 04:28 PM

I don't know anything about how the next visiting day would work if things got too crowded, but I wouldn't worry about the length of the lockdown until you know for sure how long it will last. My friend heard at least 30 days, but how can anyone really say for sure? I guess someone thinks it will take at least 30 days to fix some security issues?
Old 01-09-2007, 04:37 PM
So far away

I think its so crazy to lockdown for that long. Or even hen people are locked down 23 hours a day.. absolute madness. Its always someone ruining it for everyone, AND their friends and families. I called there to see if they would tell me anything (i knew they wouldnt...) i asked how long they thought it would last and the guy said "dont know" and slammed the phone down.. WOW. These people can be so rude. I think fter having these guys locked up for so long is sut going to make them feel even more wild once they are let out dont you think? My friend has a cell to himself and i know he is BORED. Poor him =(.. maybe i will send a lot of mail to keep him company.. thanks for all the info sandy

Old 01-10-2007, 03:04 AM

hello everyone.... i'm new here!!!
i have a brother and close friend who are both at victorville usp.
i just called the facility and as of tonight at about 6:30 seattle time, they are still on lockdown until further notice.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:26 AM
Donation Award 

I know that they can receive mail while they are locked down-but does anyone know if they are able to post mail out as well? I missed his call christmas eve(my daughter spoke to him)and as you can imagine-I am really kicking myself now!!
Old 01-10-2007, 12:03 PM

Well what ever the situation is all we can do is just pray for our love ones to be safe and hopefully the lockdown will end cause I already miss my baby and i want to go visit him. It is also good to see more people join the USP victorville forum, atleast we know we aint the only ones going trough with this, Hopefully it continues, not only in the bad times but hopefully in the good ones to.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:50 PM
So far away

still on lockdown... =(..

Have you guys gotten any more calls?

Old 01-15-2007, 06:18 AM
Donation Award 

Ah no!!
It's my birthday on wednesday and I was really hoping I'd get a call!
I have asked before-but,does anyone know if they can send letters out while on lockdown?
Old 01-15-2007, 06:28 AM

They can send letters while on lockdown as long as they have stamps. I've gotten 2 letters during the time, but nothing very long since he can't type them. As for the phone calls, I did get a second call this past Thursday for like 7 minutes, but that's been it. I know that's the only other call my boyfriend's been able to make because he asked me to call his mom and let her know what was going on. This is driving me crazy!
Old 01-15-2007, 12:58 PM
So far away

i have gotten 2 letters too.. no call though =(... guess im not high enough on his list... damnit..

This is also making me crazy.... he also still has not recieved my xmas packge i sent him.. and they never sent it back

Old 01-15-2007, 01:06 PM

I have gotten NO calls or No mail that sucks. I guess USP take there lockdowns very serious.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:13 PM
So far away

I hope you get to hear from him soon..... From what my guy told me its a thing between 2 groups of people, they are trying to negotiate and will probably let the lockdown go for over 30 days. He said "as depressing as it is.. i hope you havnt bought any tickets to come see me".. i was supposed to go early feb. I cant wait for this man to get out... less than a year.. less than a year....

Jva.. maybe he doesnt have stamps?

Can you send them stamps in the mail?

Old 01-15-2007, 03:37 PM
Donation Award 

Well,I just hope for all of us that everything is back to normal soon..
As I'm so far away I really worry about him-especially as he has been stabbed before and nearly died....It's so hard not knowing whats going on
Old 01-15-2007, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitownbyrd
I hope you get to hear from him soon..... From what my guy told me its a thing between 2 groups of people, they are trying to negotiate and will probably let the lockdown go for over 30 days. He said "as depressing as it is.. i hope you havnt bought any tickets to come see me".. i was supposed to go early feb. I cant wait for this man to get out... less than a year.. less than a year....

Jva.. maybe he doesnt have stamps?

Can you send them stamps in the mail?
O he has stamps all right, I just hope i hear from him soon, ans i also hope who ever or what ever is doing the negotiations can hurry up cause i want to go see my baby.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:29 PM
So far away

yea really.. they need to hurry up.. how could it possibly take that long? I think they keep them down longer than they should because its less work for them! That and i dont think it makes a difference how long they are locked in their cells.. if someone wants to do stupid things, they will do it no matter how long they sat in their cell alone.

Old 01-16-2007, 06:45 PM

Well ladies another day and they are still on lockdown. No mail and No phone call, I'm really feeling very depress. I miss my bavy so much.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:36 PM

Awww, I feel your pain. It feels like this is never going to end and it's so hard just waiting. Sometimes, I feel like I'm being punished too. It sucks, but we just have to hang in there because it can't go on forever!
Old 01-16-2007, 08:11 PM
So far away

im feeling you too!... this kind of stuff makes me so very frustrated

I was wondering if you ladies could answer soe of my q's about there.. i have asked some before but there wasnt any response.

Old 01-16-2007, 08:54 PM

I'd be glad to help if I can, but you'll have to run those questions by me again...
Old 01-16-2007, 09:05 PM
So far away

what was the first visit like? the process and ion scanner.. the guards? .. how is the room? the setup? do you or they come out first? Does visiting ever get crowded? what happens, do they send people home? hat do you usually wear at visit? I know you can hold hands but can you touch hair/face? Is there a barrier so your legs cant touch? if not CAN your legs touch? What kind of stuff do they have in the vending machines? Can you bring pictures or anything to visit?

I have a whole crap load.. this is the first time i ever planned on visiting anyone in prison.. i have no clue on this kind of stuff. Plus im nervous =)

Old 01-17-2007, 06:21 AM

alright, I think I can answer most of these, but if I do it now, I'll be late to work! I'll be sure to reply to them when I get home this evening though.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitownbyrd
what was the first visit like? the process and ion scanner.. the guards? .. how is the room? the setup? do you or they come out first? Does visiting ever get crowded? what happens, do they send people home? hat do you usually wear at visit? I know you can hold hands but can you touch hair/face? Is there a barrier so your legs cant touch? if not CAN your legs touch? What kind of stuff do they have in the vending machines? Can you bring pictures or anything to visit?

I have a whole crap load.. this is the first time i ever planned on visiting anyone in prison.. i have no clue on this kind of stuff. Plus im nervous =)
Well Chitownbird, as to my experience from visiting Victorville this is it........ Visiting is pertty dicent when you get tere you got to fill out the visiting slip then you hand it to the CO with your I.D then you have sit, after they process you to make sure you are in the visiting list they call you and you go trough the metal detector then you sign in then you get your hand stamp. (randomly you do get drug tested with the testing machine, so make sure once you fill out the visiting form you go into the restroom and wash your hands cause if the machine detectes anything and you dont clear they will not let you in) after that they do I.D check and stamp check they walk you to the visiting room, once you are in there they sit you down then you wait for them to come out. You could only hug and kiss them when they first come out, you guys have to sit across from each other and NO you could not hold there hands or anything, they don't get up for nothing at all the only time they get up is to go use the restroom and to take a picture and he needs to get the attention of te CO and the CO has to say ok. You are the only one that can get up to go buy him what he wants to eat and heat it up for him. As for the food well i have had a couple of bad experiences were i get there and there is hardley anything or no food at all. So when you get there go straight to the vending machine and get a little something just to be on the safe side and when he comes out asking what does he want and then you go get it.
The visiting is calm and okay and there is only one visitng room since the times i've been there it has not gotten over crowded were they have to terminate visits, and well after you are done with your visit then you can hug and kiss him again.
As to what to wear for visiting as long as its not kacky, plain white gray or camouflage clothing and appropriate clothing you should be okay oh make sure nothing with hoods cause they wont let you take a hooded jacket or to just nothing with a hood. To play it safe i always take jeans with a sleave top, I make sure the top covers very well in front and long enough to were i left my arms up and it still covers the belly.
Well Chitownbird i hope i was of some help and if you have any other questions and if i have the answer i'll be more then happy to answer them.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:33 PM

Last night I received a message from my friend at the Victorville women's FPC. In it she said the pen is still on lockdown (I know that's not news to anyone here), but she also said another prisoner had died. She went on to say that the new girls at the women's camp are working to death (I know that doesn't really affect you) and are even doing the guys' laundry. She heard from the girls that do the gardening for all the prisons that they have been moving prisoners all over to different prisons within the Victorville complex. The rumor is that they are trying to split up the two black gangs which are the crips and the DCs. Apparently, The DCs are from Washington DC. I wonder how these guys made it way out here to serve time in California? Maybe it was necessary to segregate them. Anyway, that pretty much sums up what she said. I'll let you know if I hear anything else.

SandyinCA
Old 01-17-2007, 01:31 PM
So far away

I am relieved that they come into the room after you... i am shy and it would be my first visit.. =)

I could have sworn that you can hold hands... i thought i read it in the rules.. its going to be hard not to touch him.

This is his last year there.. how about your guys?

I wonder if i will have a problem with my piercings in the metal detector?

how many people are in the visiting room? how many co's?

How long can the hug/kiss be?

I am still so nervous

Im happy they are seperating the 2 groups.. this way they wont start trouble again and maybe i will acctually get to visit!

Old 01-17-2007, 03:37 PM
Donation Award 

Yay!!! I got a call today-the best b/day present ever!
Bad news-they're still on lockdown with no end in sight.
Apparently,none of the inmates know for certain what's been going on and when it will end.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eia For This Useful Post:
sirr (05-20-2017)