Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > USP Victorville
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

USP Victorville Topics and discussion specific to USP VIctorville in Adelanto, CA.

Old 01-24-2007, 01:57 PM
So far away

pennsylvania and cali is a whole lot further than chicago and cali!!!!... thats crazy... You must have been crazy excited when he got to Cali... I needed an approval to be on his visiting list.. see i filled one out a couple months ago.. but on the "did you know this persion prior to his incarceration?" i put no.. and they denied me!!... so his counselor said he would approve me if i sent in another after the new year and it said yes to that question.. so i lied and got approved.. LOL... he just called me while i was typing this out and he said they arent off lockdown yet.. but they were let out in the yard for awhile and let out for lunch.. he said next week they will start sending them back to work and on an acctual "normal" schedule... I wish i could fly out and visit whenever i want... but i do have the money right now to come for whichever weekend he decided on... his counselor said the best time for people to travel far for visits will be in march.. so the 2nd weekend of march it is!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2007, 03:37 PM

I just got another call from my baby about 2 minutes ago which is about 1:31 p.m. my time and I asked him if they were on lock down and he again said No. He said they are running regular schedule and he said they are having normal visitations this weekend. Well anyways we'll see, but as long as i keep getting those calls and i'm able to visit it's all good.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:08 PM
So far away

LOL.. my guy said they re getting locked down at 4 or something like that.. but who knows!!!... i hope email returns soon.. i loved my emails lol

Old 01-24-2007, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitownbyrd
LOL.. my guy said they re getting locked down at 4 or something like that.. but who knows!!!... i hope email returns soon.. i loved my emails lol
He Emails you? That's cool if he does. I did'nt know they can email you. I'm gonna have to tell my man he is going to have to start emailing me.
How funny his been locked up for almost six yers know and i did not know they can email. His in bif trouble.(lol)
Old 01-24-2007, 06:24 PM
So far away

LOL... OOPS!!!!!!!.. its $2 for $40 min or something like that... hmm.. i wonder uf he can email tonight!!!

Old 01-24-2007, 06:34 PM

Quote:
LOL... OOPS!!!!!!!.. its $2 for $40 min or something like that... hmm.. i wonder uf he can email tonight!!!
Oh yeah!!! Me and him are going to have a talk this weekend when i go visit him. That's pertty resonable price, if it's 2 dollars for 40 minutes.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:16 PM
So far away

I have 104 emails from my guy ... i saved every last one of them.... aybe you should ask hi if he even knows how to use it.. maybe thats why.

Old 01-24-2007, 07:25 PM

OMG, I'm going crazy...still no call! I wish there was some way I could get a message to my guy to let him know there's money in his account. When I finally get to talk to him, it's going to take everything I have not to flip out on his dumb ass. By the way, I just called and was told that they are still on lockdown.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:42 PM
So far away

oh man.. sorry jensmcm!!.. i hope you get your call soon.. i know how it is not hearing from them... but im betting when he calls u will be excited... have you written to him? i would try to and let him know you sent him money... what would be messed up is if he didnt know you sent it to call you.. and he spent it on something else =O.... MEN....

Old 01-24-2007, 07:52 PM

Yeah I sent him a letter letting him know this morning, but he probably won't get it until Monday, which is the same day he would most likely be expecting the money from his mom so it wouldn't matter much anyway. It just annoys the hell out of me that I might have to wait till next week to talk to him when the money's been there all this week and he just didn't know it. I just hope it's nothing else like he's in the hole or something...there should be some way to get this kind of info.

So, Have you gotten "the letter" yet?
Old 01-24-2007, 08:34 PM
So far away

Will the counselor tell u if hes in the hole??.. You know what i dont understand... is if they can afford their own cell phone.. why not let them have one!!!!.. because with all the Patriot act.. a lot or most of our phone convos are heard anyway... its not lke its impossible.. but maybe thats just me being hopeful... 8 more months without HWH... 8 more months....

I havtn gotten the letter yet.. i am SO nervous ... lol.. he sent it out monday so i should have it at least by saturday... but will prolly get it on friday... keep ur fingers crossed lol...

Old 01-24-2007, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Will the counselor tell u if hes in the hole??.. You know what i dont understand... is if they can afford their own cell phone.. why not let them have one!!!!.. because with all the Patriot act.. a lot or most of our phone convos are heard anyway... its not lke its impossible.. but maybe thats just me being hopeful... 8 more months without HWH... 8 more months....

I havtn gotten the letter yet.. i am SO nervous ... lol.. he sent it out monday so i should have it at least by saturday... but will prolly get it on friday... keep ur fingers crossed lol...
I will definitely keep my fingers crossed! I'm sure you will get it by Friday.

I'm not sure if I can ask his counselor. I've never tried to talk to anyone. Do you think when they ask you "Is this call in reference to an inmate?" I could just say yes and they would let me talk to someone about him? I have no idea how that works.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:03 PM
So far away

I think they can tell u if hes in the hole.. but they just cant tell you why... im not too sure.. but it wouldnt hurt to try.. the only thing they could say is no.... I say go for it.

Old 01-25-2007, 04:28 AM
Donation Award 

jensmcm; If you call ,they will definately tell you whether he is in general population or not if you ask them.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:43 AM

Thanks everyone for your advice, but I finally got my call last night!!! He said that they've been letting him out in the morning most days and I'm still at work. Of course, I thought that all along, but I still had to get all worked up about it. He also said that the phone lines have been really long and, when he can call me, a lot of times he can't even get to a phone before they lock them back down. Anyway, it was so great to hear from him (of course I had to answer the phone "You're damn lucky you called me tonight because I was getting pissed." lol, he loved it). He says that the lockdown is expected to end officially on Monday. Yay!!!
Old 01-25-2007, 09:53 AM
So far away

Jensmcm... its so hard not to get worked up about silly things... i guess its what we all have to deal with right?? Did you tell him about email? or were you too ecxited to remember???

OHHHH MAN.... i got "the letter".. and i am melted into a big puddle of mushy doo!!!!!!! it says whole lot of good..lemme cite here ::cough cough::"when i am released and adjusted back into society or basically have my own place and a job then i can pay your way to Ut and we will go from there".... thats what i was lookin for!!! lol.....the rest was full of the emotion stuff.. and well its exciting because were not the love letter writers you know... we just keep it real =D

Old 01-25-2007, 03:42 PM

Chitownbyrd, see I knew it would turn out well. That's great!!!...just what you needed right now.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:27 PM
So far away

that is just what i needed =)~.... I started my new job yesterday and tomorrow is my first official work day.. i am not looking foward to it because i will be standing for 9 hours, but i need the money so i can save up....i ut in a request time off for the 3rd weekend of march because when i asked her about the 2nd weekend she got snappy.. i guess theres some kind of expo there for 10 days during that time.. so the 3rd eekend will have to do....im rambling.. sorry LOL.... hopefully ill get a call tonight.. even though he said he would call me later on or next week... LOL

Old 01-26-2007, 01:52 PM
So far away

ohh yea... he said at visits the chairs are like lawn chairs and there is a really small table about 1 foot high between the 2... is that true!?!.. i was hoping to have somehtign to lean on so i wont fall over or something... how far apart do u have to sit??.. if there is not table to lean on doesnt it get uncomfy?.... tsk tsk

Old 01-26-2007, 04:33 PM

oh wow, good luck with your new job...I just started a new one last week so I know how you're feeling right about now. I want a call today too! He called again last night and said he'd try to call tonight since they probably won't get let out all weekend. I won't know how to act if I get to talk to him 3 days in a row! It's been since Christmas since that happened.

Oh yeah, the visiting room chairs and tables are real ghetto. They are plastic and the table is def. like a foot off the ground. The only good thing is it's like not even 2 feet across so we would always lean over it so are faces were only a few inches apart if we wanted to whisper...that's about the only good thing I can say!
Old 01-26-2007, 08:12 PM
So far away

I am kind of upset about having to work.. becuse it might take away from our talk time.. but in the end its going to be better for me and US.. if i have a job and save up some money.. i really want nothing more than to get out there and start a life with this man!...i feel like such a dork.. LOL...i havnt gotten my call yet and probably wont.. have you?? I wanted to talk to him before i have to start work tomorrow.. rawr.

Thats crazy about the visiting room.. i imagined that it would be like tables and chairs how it was in school you know??? ppfftttt... plastic chairs. do they at least have arm rests? I am already nervous thinking about this.. i think i am more nervous about that first kiss than anything!...

Is there anything else i should know?

How is everyone else holding up? Been hearing from the loved ones?

Hope we all get letters and calls galore since this should be back to normal on monday!!!

Old 01-26-2007, 09:29 PM
So far away

I just got my call

Old 01-26-2007, 11:03 PM

I missed my call! He called twice and I never heard it because I was playing the slots with some friends and it was so loud in there. That's what I get for wasting money. Damn!!!...but good for you getting your call.

I think the chairs do have arm rests, but the thing is- I know you're worrying about all this stuff now while you have time to think about it, but when you get in there it's a whole different story. You'll be so focused on your man and the time the two of you have that you won't be thinking about any of that stuff. At least that was my experience anyway. There were people all around us and it was like I barely even noticed or heard anything anyone else said. Even with the lame circumstances, I'm sure you'll make the most of it.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:28 PM
So far away

i know... im such a friggin walking anxiety attack.. LOL.... i always worry about everything till its happening!..

That really sucks about missing your call.. what u gotta do is stick it on vibrate and hide it between your boobs... LOL.. everyone will think your crazy.. but so what youll get your call!!! LOL.... i used to do that in school ... hopefully they arent locked down this whole weekend.. i wont be able to hear his voice until next week anyway..

Do any of your family/friends think your crazy?

My friends are really pissing me off by trying to tell me what to do (2 guy friends).. they are saying hes going to "abandon" me and my daughter just like he "abandoned" his daughter when he went in.. I dont even mention him to those 2 friends anymore but they alays seem to bring him up to argue with me.. i dont get it. Oh and my mom with her stupid comments too.. "hes not coming to my house"..your right... because im leaving.. LOL

Old 01-27-2007, 07:14 AM
Donation Award 

Chitownbyrd;All I can say is that, unless you've ever been in the sort of relationship that we have with our loves,then it's VERY hard for other people to comprehend.Unfortunately ,there are alot of bigotted people around that cannot for the life of them,see the good in our inmates and seem to get pleasure from putting our relationships down as being meaningless,worthless and worse,they view us as naive idiots!
I for my part,have only told those that I knew, that even if they couldn't understand my relationship,wouldn't knock it either.God!It's tough enough as it is without having the snide remarks as well.
As it has been said many times before;If it feels good then it probably is!
I didn't realise until this lockdown ,just how much your baby cares for you when he makes that call...In all probablity(as I was told yesterday)they miss you so much,they are waiting in very long queues very patiently for their turn on the phones!
I used to think that perhaps it was a little of out-of-sight...
No such thing-mine called me three times yesterday-the third time being 1.15 am my time-but boy!I didn't mind a bit!!Haha!
They were locked down about 5.30 yesterday(of course they are being l/down at different times according to where they are in the prison) and he said he'd try to call over the w/end.I'm like you-I really need a w/end call otherwise it goes so slowly,even when you're going about your normal day.

Last edited by Eia; 01-27-2007 at 07:23 AM..