Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: Have you ever felt frustrated with the Long Distance Relationship?
Yes 142 87.65%
No 20 12.35%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-2015, 04:45 PM

My partner has been in jail now for 6 weeks and for the first 4 weeks all I got in letters and on the phone constantly was are you going to leave me or I would understand if you left me, my man makes me so happy and I am proud to be his girlfriend. They do need a lot of reassurance when they are incarcerated and it does take a lot to get through it we write every day and only speak on the phone once every maybe 2 weeks as he doesn't have the money to add it to his phone. You have to be very patient they do have an awful lot of time to think while they are behind a door for 22 maybe more hours a day and needless to say I have also questioned if he will leave me in the beginning but now we both know we wont leave each other and I haven't been asked for around 2 weeks now if I am going to leave him. Stick it out and if you cant answer certain questions then explain that too him communication is definitely the key
The Following User Says Thank You to ikklejojo For This Useful Post:
KrissyMcdaniel1 (05-06-2015)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2015, 02:02 PM

My boyfriend has been gone for 5 months already and not once have I been irritated by all his questions. When he asks, I'm more than happy to answer. I love telling him about my day, what I ate, what I did etc. I just love keeping him entertained and the conversation going. I can't imagine myself being in there & my significant other annoyed about the fact that I'm asking way to much. Yes I get frustrated that I can't have him when I want, I can't just randomly call him or see him. But the fact that he asks questions, I don't mind. I believe you have a significant other so you can vent to as well, you wouldn't want him to vent to someone else. So like I read before if that annoys you then, maybe is it really love? I hope things get better as time progresses. God bless you!
Old 07-22-2015, 05:47 PM

I cant lie the long distance is starting to get to me and its only been a little over 2 months...he has around 10 to 15 more months to go depending on how he does in the program he's sign up in and good behavior all of that. We are expecting our first kid together. Im struggling with a place to live....things are beyond rough. the only times I feel better are the few times a week that we get to talk on the phone and whenever i receive a letter from him. Other than that...VERY stressful.
Old 01-20-2020, 02:21 PM

Some men don't appreciate what you do for them even if it's not big especially if they keep going back they just expect it it's draining and tiring poor me boo hoo some of them deserve to rot in there with nothing
Old 01-23-2020, 03:02 PM

I know this is an old thread but I do need to vent. This relationship is draining the absolute life out of me and at times I feel like I am going through this alone. He has been locked up since August of 2017. We are also married so I just feel like a hopeless wife most of the time. He is currently at the Safford Prison in Arizona and I had to come back to home to NJ to stay with my parents since he left me with absolutely nothing when he got locked up. I'm also taking care of our now 2 year old daughter. He has never seen her and was locked up a month before she was born.
It's just very hard. Some days are better than others. I have since gone back to school to get my Associates and moved out of parents house and I now live with my sister. So I'm trying to do the right thing but all of this still hurts.
He gets out hopefully by April of 2022 but when I think about that now it just makes me want to give up. I'm tired of going to bed alone. Tired of taking care of our child alone. I feel like I have lost myself and my confidence since he's gone in. I haven't been successful in losing this extra weight I put on when I was pregnant and I went through a depressive period last year and cut all my hair off. I just feel hopeless.
I just want this nightmare to be over.
The Following User Says Thank You to healingmother92 For This Useful Post:
gallega1211 (01-23-2020)
Old 01-26-2020, 12:26 AM

Awww sweety it will get better in due time it can be very stressful especially when you have kids i have 3 of them it gets really aggravating when you do everything you can and they still don't appreciate what you did knowing the situation I hope that things work out for you and your family stay strong
The Following User Says Thank You to ambermarshall11 For This Useful Post:
healingmother92 (01-29-2020)
Old 04-05-2020, 07:45 PM

It is pretty tough..
I Don't get to talk to him or visit him because I was denied visitation..
Some old felonies dating back 20 year's ago..
I write Him every chance I get..and I send Him money when I can..
He and I both been through some not so good relationships..
I miss him so much..
I just remember the good time's we had together..
The laughs we've shared and that helps carry me through..
He's my Best Friend
Just being able to hear His voice would make my Day so much better..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LCLOVE For This Useful Post:
Born (04-06-2020), fbopnomore (04-06-2020), Lifetime30 (04-05-2020), WaitingWilkes (04-06-2020)