Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Chuckawalla Valley State Prison (CVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chuckawalla Valley State Prison (CVSP) - California Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the Chuckawalla Valley State Prison located west of Blythe, California on I-10.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:37 PM

Thanked 1,865 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default CVSP Newbie Q & A Thread

If you are new to this prison and you have any questions, please use this for any general questions you may have that do not fit in any of the other Q&A threads!

Please try to stay on topic!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2013, 05:10 PM

Default hi ladies

Hi ladies dont really know how this all works but i wanted to introduce my self my name is jasmine and the love of my life has just been transferred to chuckawalla its not at all what he was use to in IRONWOOD but am sure he will manage. i have known him for 14 years one good year on the out side 13 not so good on the in the inside. He is a lifer... but i am positive thing will not always be this way... we just got back in contact about 8 months ago so i need all the support i can get getting threw all this... Where should i start? THANKS EVERYONE.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:22 PM

Default what was his transfer notice/time?

My nephew is waiting for word if he is transferring out--his cellie just went to Chuckawalla, his workout partners other places (and one lucky parolee), he and I are both unsure how long it will be, once they say "you're going" (if they do) when he will actually move out. He may not get time to call me, and I regularly write and send books. What kind of notice did your guy get before the move?

Ooops, forgot to say, he is at Ironwood now also and is not looking forward to the dorm situation of most places--the downside of good behavior and being reduced in levels, I guess, especially for those with lots of time left to do.

Last edited by roadrunner5; 01-06-2013 at 09:24 PM.. Reason: added some information
Old 01-07-2013, 11:41 AM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner5 View Post
My nephew is waiting for word if he is transferring out--his cellie just went to Chuckawalla, his workout partners other places (and one lucky parolee), he and I are both unsure how long it will be, once they say "you're going" (if they do) when he will actually move out. He may not get time to call me, and I regularly write and send books. What kind of notice did your guy get before the move?

Ooops, forgot to say, he is at Ironwood now also and is not looking forward to the dorm situation of most places--the downside of good behavior and being reduced in levels, I guess, especially for those with lots of time left to do.
my lov is a lifer and when he was transfered out of ironwood to cvsp they told him about a month in advance that he was moving but they didnt tell him where he was going he hates the dorms he has done 13years and has always been a cell its a huge change but they wont keep him there for long
Old 01-10-2013, 03:01 PM

Red face New .. with a lot of question

Hi Everyone
I'm new to prison talk and the love of my life has just recently been moved to
Chuckawalla prison. I will be traveling to visit him soon,
Does anyone know of any resonable hotels close to the prison?
What the visitation there is like? Is the mail slow?
Sorry for all the question any help will be greatly appriciated.

LadyMDV
Old 01-10-2013, 04:16 PM
No Puedo Mas Sin Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsladyMDV View Post
Hi Everyone
I'm new to prison talk and the love of my life has just recently been moved to
Chuckawalla prison. I will be traveling to visit him soon,
Does anyone know of any resonable hotels close to the prison?
What the visitation there is like? Is the mail slow?
Sorry for all the question any help will be greatly appriciated.

LadyMDV
The only hotels that are close to the prison are in Blythe, which is about 20 miles away. They range in price, there are good ones and not so good ones. America's Best Value in is pretty good, the Motel 6 there is not bad either. The mail is slow - 2-3 weeks before he gets something I sent, and 2-4 weeks - if it makes it all, for him to get something to me. However, I have sent books of stamps and when he recieves them - it's not a full book, some are missing. Visitation is pretty good, processing is quick and easy.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:18 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
The only hotels that are close to the prison are in Blythe, which is about 20 miles away. They range in price, there are good ones and not so good ones. America's Best Value in is pretty good, the Motel 6 there is not bad either. The mail is slow - 2-3 weeks before he gets something I sent, and 2-4 weeks - if it makes it all, for him to get something to me. However, I have sent books of stamps and when he recieves them - it's not a full book, some are missing. Visitation is pretty good, processing is quick and easy.

Thanks for the info... Can you wear leggings or tights to visitation? What are the big no no's?
The Following User Says Thank You to MrsladyMDV For This Useful Post:
Doll Eyes (01-14-2013)
Old 01-11-2013, 09:53 AM
No Puedo Mas Sin Ti

Quote:
Thanks for the info... Can you wear leggings or tights to visitation? What are the big no no's?
No leggings, no tights, no blue (of course), no underwire, no layers, if you're pants are too tight, they will make you change. Sometimes it just depends on who is processing you.....
Old 01-12-2013, 02:18 AM

Smile

Thank you very much
The Following User Says Thank You to MrsladyMDV For This Useful Post:
Doll Eyes (01-14-2013)
Old 01-14-2013, 05:25 PM

Can anyone tell me how long it usually takes to get approved for
Visitations? Also how will you know they have recieved your
Application?
Old 01-20-2013, 09:31 PM

I just sent in visiting forms for family members & it took 2 weeks. You never know if they got the form until you hear ( or not ) from them.
Processing is not too bad I've seen worse. Its okay to dress cute just remember not to tight, not to low cut, no tights & nothing blue.
Be Blessed
Old 03-04-2013, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Can anyone tell me how long it usually takes to get approved for
Visitations? Also how will you know they have recieved your
Application?
I waited 3 months to hear whether I was approved to visit, then called daily for about a week leaving messages for a call back (which were ignored), until I finally decided to just GO and see if they'd let me in to visit. They first told me No but after a little begging, tears and asking to see the Warden, I met with the visiting Sergeant who was very nice, helpful and gracious to approve me on the spot. I realize I was very lucky and took the chance since it was only an hour & 1/2 drive. Once you are approved, the process is very easy and the visiting CO's are super friendly and fast!!
Old 04-29-2013, 10:55 PM

My hubby just got transfered here from kern valley do i have to fill out a new visiting form and wait to get approved even if ive been approved at KVSP?
Old 05-07-2013, 08:34 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,928 Times in 15,440 Posts

You shouldnt have to fill out a new form if you were already approved at the last prison.
You may need to update your info tho......
(sorry this took so long to get back to you)

That's my dog's nose art

Old 05-08-2013, 02:48 PM

Question Chuchawalla

Question very important can get personal, is chuckawalla a PC prison? Are there any "good" yards?? Please if someone can reply or PM! My brother was in CVSP transferred to tahatchipi I hope we didn't make a mistake not sure if he is PC or not?!
Old 05-10-2013, 02:46 PM

where do you send visiting forms to for cvsp?
Old 05-15-2013, 09:19 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,928 Times in 15,440 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deyanna13 View Post
Question very important can get personal, is chuckawalla a PC prison? Are there any "good" yards?? Please if someone can reply or PM! My brother was in CVSP transferred to tahatchipi I hope we didn't make a mistake not sure if he is PC or not?!

CCI is all sny if Im not mistaken....so he should be fine.

Visiting forms should be sent the the visit sargent.
CVSP
PO box 2289
Blythe, CA 92226

That's my dog's nose art

Old 06-17-2013, 06:18 PM

My Hunnie getting transfer on wed to chuckawalla so hows the dresscode n phone calls n mail trying to get used to this prison nonow
Old 08-10-2013, 03:41 PM
Account Closed

Hello there ladies! I hope your loved one are all doing well in Chuckawalla. My boyfriend just got transferred here a few days ago from Tehachapi. He just turned Level 2 which is something he's definitely not used to. All he's ever known is a cell and he loved the little privacy he had in level 3. From the sound of his voice, he was uncomfortable. So I am hoping he gets used to it soon. Does anybody have any advice from similar situations? I want to try to get him cheery but I can't help but be nervous for him. I wished him good luck because I felt like it was his first day of school or something Does any body know how level 2 is like? As far as phones, visits, etc. I'm hoping its a smooth sailing for the next year we have left. Thanks in advance
Old 08-16-2013, 08:32 PM

My husband has been at level II for a few years now. Yes it took some time for him to get use to it but he did get use to it. Just a world inside of a world of its own. Just let him know its just a step closer to being home & its suppose to be a reward to be in a dorm like setting other than a cell.
Be Blessed
Sharon

The Following User Says Thank You to 1Sharonty For This Useful Post:
myseptemberlove (11-20-2013)
Old 11-20-2013, 12:25 AM

I'm saddened by the lack of activity in this forum. My bf transferred from La Palma a few weeks ago and while I'm happy he's closer to home, the LPCC forum had so many girls posting all the time! Where is everyone?? I only have 28 days of waiting left, but I'm on here a lot and I'm visiting three more times before his release.

I'm in San Diego, stay in Indio on weekends I visit, and drive to Blythe the morning of. Ride share opportunities are welcomed!
Old 11-20-2013, 02:09 AM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelheather View Post
I'm saddened by the lack of activity in this forum. My bf transferred from La Palma a few weeks ago and while I'm happy he's closer to home, the LPCC forum had so many girls posting all the time! Where is everyone?? I only have 28 days of waiting left, but I'm on here a lot and I'm visiting three more times before his release.

I'm in San Diego, stay in Indio on weekends I visit, and drive to Blythe the morning of. Ride share opportunities are welcomed!
Welcome to Chuckawalla! Its funny, this is exactly what I thought when I entered the Chuckawalla forums. My boyfriend came from Tehachapi so I still constantly stay updated with them because I love how the girls keep me company & still helpful. I truly think because this facility is a low-leveled one, there really isn't much going on. That's just my guess. But congratulations on your boyfriend's homecoming! You've made it a long long way!
Old 11-22-2013, 04:01 AM

Thanks! I suppose you're probably right about the reasoning behind so little action here, but there's so many women at visiting, it seems like! Welp, were almost outta here, so I guess I can deal with it
Old 11-23-2013, 04:25 PM

Welcome! My hubby has been at Chuckie for a couple of years. And yes there are alot of people that visit, but the forums are dead =/
Old 12-07-2013, 02:58 AM

I agree...the forums are dead here for some reason. My husband was at a different Level II prison and the forum for them was very busy all the time> hope this gets better.

Sharon