Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Coming Home
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Coming Home Dedicated to discussions about our loved ones that are coming home soon. Discussions here should not fit any other category.

Old 08-04-2019, 10:48 AM

Default September release: looking for info on Home Vs. halfway house?

My son is being released in September and this is the second time out, the first time we opened up our home, we were niave and too trusting, we did have rules but not firm enough ones. Now we are considering a halfway house. I never considered it because I thought they just housed the ex inmate with other ex inmates and no help or structure, Now I was told that there is a lot of structure and they have more support. Does anyone have experience with halfway homes. thanks. I want the best for my son, even if that means tough love
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2019, 01:46 PM

Mine went to a halfway studio apartments type halfway house so there was some privacy. He went for two months before moving to my place. I think it was great they drug tested, checked in with them, have them resources for jobs and other programs he qualified for. He did so great they asked him to leave early so someone else could take his bed lol. If my son was in this predicament I would want him to parole to a hwh even if for a short Time