Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 05-12-2019, 09:33 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,346 Times in 12,871 Posts

Are you checking https://www.pacer.gov/ to see what, if anything his lawyer has filed? Is his lawyer a federal public defender, or a private lawyer who was assigned to his case? If a PD, the supervisor at that federal public defender's office is who you should be contacting, not the State, etc. public defender's office.

Be patient, but be sure to verify what has actually been filed, or not filed in his case (Pacer). That is what is important, not the number of postponements or delays or the length of time it takes for his sentencing.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2019, 02:57 PM

I feel your pain

Have a private attorney that I paid a flat rate too and I am frustrated too with him

For example, met with the fbi 3 times with my attorney so far and will be meeting a 4th time next week
On the last visit (3rd and 3 weeks ago) the fbi asked me questions and I did not have the answers and my attorney was taking notes during the meeting and he told the fbi that instead of waiting for our next meeting (4th) which was not until 3 weeks from the third
Anyways he has yet to give me his notes from the meeting so i can compile whatever documents or answers to their questions

The point is I just think this is the process and ALL ATTORNEYS are SLOW
The Following User Says Thank You to Remorseful900 For This Useful Post:
Girl22472 (05-12-2019)
Old 05-12-2019, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
Are you checking https://www.pacer.gov/ to see what, if anything his lawyer has filed? Is his lawyer a federal public defender, or a private lawyer who was assigned to his case? If a PD, the supervisor at that federal public defender's office is who you should be contacting, not the State, etc. public defender's office.

Be patient, but be sure to verify what has actually been filed, or not filed in his case (Pacer). That is what is important, not the number of postponements or delays or the length of time it takes for his sentencing.
I'm not sure how to check who did it... this is what it says this time...

The court VACATES the change of plea and sentencing hearing set for May 14, 2019 and RESETS hearing to JULY 1, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. The defendant is ordered to appear, with counsel, before the Honorable Richard L. Young, Judge, in room 301 of the Federal Building, 101 NW M.L. King, Jr., Blvd., Evansville, Indiana 47708. Signed by Judge Richard L. Young on 5/7/2019. Electronic Notice to USPO.(JRB) (Entered: 05/07/2019)

Each delay says the same thing except for dates and time.
Old 05-13-2019, 10:04 AM

Hubby called attorneys office about 10:30 and got their machine. He simply stated he was checking on court for tomorrow and that Pacer said there's another delay. Secretary called back soon after and confirmed. She said his "name is in his stack to call today" so he should expect a call. Guess we'll see if that happens
Old 05-13-2019, 12:54 PM
attorney

Thanked 21,872 Times in 7,619 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remorseful900 View Post
I feel your pain

Have a private attorney that I paid a flat rate too and I am frustrated too with him

For example, met with the fbi 3 times with my attorney so far and will be meeting a 4th time next week
On the last visit (3rd and 3 weeks ago) the fbi asked me questions and I did not have the answers and my attorney was taking notes during the meeting and he told the fbi that instead of waiting for our next meeting (4th) which was not until 3 weeks from the third
Anyways he has yet to give me his notes from the meeting so i can compile whatever documents or answers to their questions

The point is I just think this is the process and ALL ATTORNEYS are SLOW
You will not get the notes, or you will get heavily redacted notes. If you hire new counsel, new counsel will not get the notes or heavily redacted notes.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:04 AM

In regards to the notes I wish it was what you were referring to but what I am referring to in terms of notes is basically a to do list for me that during the meeting with the fbi my attorney is just writing down a list of items I need to gather for my next meeting with the fbi, and all my attorney had to do was transfer his handwriting if the 10 items to an email b/c I can’t read his writing

It literally took my attorney 2.5 weeks to do this... this is a 15 minute job (I am being generous at that)

For example one of the to list items provide names and addresses (physical and email) of certain people

For that particular to do item that is all he wrote handwritten and how long can it take to type that in an email?

So to say I feel this person pain with their attorney is correct
Old 05-14-2019, 10:24 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,346 Times in 12,871 Posts

No sense arguing, but you are just one item on his caseload. More urgent duties can interrupt replying to your requests, at least until your meeting with the fbi is nearer. As long as your lawyer meets the court/fbi/whoever deadlines (and as long as they really do meet them) try to be more patient.
Old 05-18-2019, 08:21 AM

After waiting all week for a call from the attorney the secretary finally called back yesterday and set a meeting up for June 3rd. Now just to get our list of questions all together and see if we can get some answers. I still question the fact that this meeting will be taking place before the 35 days before sentencing as Rule 32 requires but since it'll be close hopefully it won't affect the July 1st hearing but who knows. I can only assume we're going to go over the PSR finally
The Following User Says Thank You to Girl22472 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-18-2019)