Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KANSAS Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

KANSAS Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Iowa - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, visitation, mail, etc

Old 09-05-2013, 03:54 PM

I hope my boyfriend gets to go to Wichita Work Release. He's in Norton right now and I haven't seen him since APRIL!!! He's going to put in for Work Release and Lord willing will be sent there a.s.a.p. It sounds really nice. It's still a 2.5 hr trip for me, but MUCH better than 6 hrs!! And I would do my best to bring his kids every Sunday to take them to church. He would LOVE that!! This is only going to make me pray with MORE power!!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2015, 05:44 PM

Default Register Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLamars View Post
Hi there, my son is in the Wichita Work Release Facility. It is an alright facility, the rules are basically the same as any prison. You can send him clothes for the first 60 days. They have to be mailed and make sure you take the price tags off if they are new. I am really not positive how many of each but I think it is a total of 30 outer wear items. Then you can send like 4 pair of shoes and underware is like 7 pair. He can have jogging suits and also shorts. he will be able to leave with you on Sunday to go to Church. YOu have to have your car approved and also you have to have a valid dl and insurance. That is it. They go to Walmart shopping and if he is work release and not permanent parting he will get a job and give 25% of his pay for his housing. He will have to pay to do his laundry and stuff. Visitation is on Wednesday Night from 7 to 9 and on Sat and Sunday 12:30 to 3:30 the same on Holidays. You cannot take food in the facility. You have to purchase anything you want in the vending machines. It is sometimes laid back depending on who is working. Pretty decent facility. We have not had any bad experience with it anyway. Well I hope that it answers your questions for you. Good luck to you both. Mom

You mentioned that you can register a vehicle, have to have valid ID and insurance. How do you go about registering a vehicle? Are there certain criteria other than the valid ID and insurance that is required? Thank you
Old 04-20-2018, 07:56 AM

Default Sundays

I'm told on Sundays if they are married to you they are allowed to come come for that day is this true?