Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

Old 01-13-2018, 09:25 PM

Default Saddest part on him being locked up

Does anybody have so many things that miss out on because they don't have their significant other with them? Like concerts or just fun events
The Following User Says Thank You to Sarah96 For This Useful Post:
anonymooose (Yesterday)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2018, 10:16 PM

Thanked 1,798 Times in 1,144 Posts

I miss my husband from the second I wake up to the second I fall asleep. And everything in between. We did everything together. Can't wait until this is over.

Last edited by nygirl17; 01-13-2018 at 11:07 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nygirl17 For This Useful Post:
anonymooose (Yesterday), Sarah96 (01-13-2018)
Old 01-13-2018, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
I miss my husband from the second I wake up to the second I fall asleep. And everything in between. We did everything together. Can't wait until this is over.
Can't agree with you more
Old 01-14-2018, 02:02 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,269 Times in 1,087 Posts

I miss my boyfriend as well but our situation is a bit different because I've only met him when he was already incarcerated. So I'm curious what it will be like to spend time with him, so far we've only had hours together while visiting.
BUT.... I find it a bit sad that you think you miss out on stuff just because he's in prison. Live your life and do everything you want, why do you put yourself in "prison" by not doing the things you like? Go with friends, have fun, be happy and in the meantime, wait. But don't stop your life just because HIS action put him there were he is.
anonymooose (Yesterday), Sarianna (01-14-2018)
Old 01-14-2018, 04:06 AM

I miss my husband every second of every day but like MizzyMufflin I met him while he was already in prison so I can't wait to start out lives together. I do find it sad that some wives/gfs don't live their lives because their other half is incarcerated. I live my life because as my husband says "I did the crime not you, I'm in prison, not you, you must live your life" and it's true.
The Following User Says Thank You to judiwoo For This Useful Post:
anonymooose (Yesterday)
Old 01-14-2018, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzyMuffling View Post
I miss my boyfriend as well but our situation is a bit different because I've only met him when he was already incarcerated. So I'm curious what it will be like to spend time with him, so far we've only had hours together while visiting.
BUT.... I find it a bit sad that you think you miss out on stuff just because he's in prison. Live your life and do everything you want, why do you put yourself in "prison" by not doing the things you like? Go with friends, have fun, be happy and in the meantime, wait. But don't stop your life just because HIS action put him there were he is.
I agree with that but I have a very small group of friends who are either busy or aren't into thing that I want to do. Trust me I still do things I want to do, but sometimes it doesn't work out. I just know my man will do everything with me so I can't wait till he is out.
Old 01-14-2018, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by judiwoo View Post
I miss my husband every second of every day but like MizzyMufflin I met him while he was already in prison so I can't wait to start out lives together. I do find it sad that some wives/gfs don't live their lives because their other half is incarcerated. I live my life because as my husband says "I did the crime not you, I'm in prison, not you, you must live your life" and it's true.
I still live my life..... sometimes my friends don't always want to do what I want to do so that's why I miss out on things because I have no one to do them with
Old 01-14-2018, 05:19 AM
Donation Award 

I still believe and have also experienced it is that you have to be happy within yourself, with your life to be happy in a relationship. If you're not it'll reveal itself at one point in the relationship - if it's through blaming him for your shortcomings (just as an example) putting too much pressure on him to fulfill all the dream you had (unconsciously mostly).
Use your time to be happy, to do the things that make you happy - NOW.
If you're just waiting for something to happen, your expectations will be skyrocketing once he'll be home. The disappointment of things maybe not happening once he comes home could be that much bigger.
I see my relationship with Jeff as a positive addition to my life, I love him but he's not "my life". I made room for him in my life and that's what I expect from him when he gets out. Nothing more, nothing less. And we'll go from there or not... I have no crystal ball...

Last edited by MizzyMuffling; 01-14-2018 at 05:22 AM..
Old 01-14-2018, 05:21 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah96 View Post
I still live my life..... sometimes my friends don't always want to do what I want to do so that's why I miss out on things because I have no one to do them with
I believe you're looking at it the wrong way...if your friends don't have time to go e.g. to a concert with you, flea market, whatever, do it yourself. What's wrong with that? Plus, how are you "missing out"..? In a way you're blaming everyone else but you. It's up to you to make things happen. And you don't have to do it all. To me it seems you're finding excuses for you missing out on stuff... I miss a lot of things other friends are doing... I don't give a damn (excuse my French) because I don't have to do it all...
Sarah96 (01-14-2018), xolady (01-14-2018)
Old 01-14-2018, 05:47 AM

Quote:
I believe you're looking at it the wrong way...if your friends don't have time to go e.g. to a concert with you, flea market, whatever, do it yourself. What's wrong with that? Plus, how are you "missing out"..? In a way you're blaming everyone else but you. It's up to you to make things happen. And you don't have to do it all. To me it seems you're finding excuses for you missing out on stuff... I miss a lot of things other friends are doing... I don't give a damn (excuse my French) because I don't have to do it all...
I didn't mean to like your comment but uhhh not trying to go to a rap concert at 21 years old alone? You are the one looking at this in the wrong way. Of course I go shopping alone and do a lot of other things alone which i like but not trying to go to a concert by myself. Why are you coming at me like this damn. I gotta stop posting on here.
Old 01-14-2018, 06:02 AM
Donation Award 

I'm sorry, I was just trying to help, didn't mean to "come at you like this". Not at all. But if I did, I apologize. The last thing I wanted to do is get you off this board.

I didn't know how old you are, 21 is still pretty young - compared to me

Please try to see my posts as and advice of a woman who's been where you have been under different circumstances. At your age you are still figuring things out and with an incarcerated boyfriend it is probably a lot harder.

Again, please stay on here because they are so many great ladies and men on here who are able to give you great advice as well.
fbopnomore (01-14-2018), Fridyrr.Likn (01-14-2018), Sarianna (01-14-2018), xolady (01-14-2018)
Old 01-14-2018, 06:34 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry, I was just trying to help, didn't mean to "come at you like this". Not at all. But if I did, I apologize. The last thing I wanted to do is get you off this board.

I didn't know how old you are, 21 is still pretty young - compared to me

Please try to see my posts as and advice of a woman who's been where you have been under different circumstances. At your age you are still figuring things out and with an incarcerated boyfriend it is probably a lot harder.

Again, please stay on here because they are so many great ladies and men on here who are able to give you great advice as well.
Okay I'm sorry I got a little hostile. I guess I gotta explain better. Thank you
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sarah96 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-14-2018), MizzyMuffling (01-14-2018), xolady (01-14-2018)
Old 01-14-2018, 06:56 AM

Thanked 1,798 Times in 1,144 Posts

Quote:
Can't agree with you more
Everyone has to understand that no-one is the same. I feel the same way you do. I put my life on hold when my husband went to prison. I've gone places and went to a few small get togethers and when I'm there I feel incomplete. Everyone has their spouse and I had no-one I felt left out in a way. So I decided on my own that I'm not putting myself in that situation anymore because all it did was make me even more depressed. I would never let anyone make me feel upset because this is how I choose to live my life. Just do what makes you happy. If you ever need any one to talk to pm me I'm always on except for visit day and that's today

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nygirl17 For This Useful Post:
MizzyMuffling (01-14-2018), Sarah96 (01-14-2018), xolady (01-14-2018)
Old 01-14-2018, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
Everyone has to understand that no-one is the same. I feel the same way you do. I put my life on hold when my husband went to prison. I've gone places and went to a few small get togethers and when I'm there I feel incomplete. Everyone has their spouse and I had no-one I felt left out in a way. So I decided on my own that I'm not putting myself in that situation anymore because all it did was make me even more depressed. I would never let anyone make me feel upset because this is how I choose to live my life. Just do what makes you happy. If you ever need any one to talk to pm me I'm always on except for visit day and that's today
Thank you so much. That's definitely how I feel he's my best friend so he does everything with me. I have a few close friends I hang out with, but sometimes they aren't into the same things I'm in. I am very independent and I like doing things alone, but something's I don't. Just can't wait till he is out and we can do so many fun things together. Anyways I hope you have a wonderful visit!!!!
Old 01-14-2018, 01:57 PM
Beach Girl

Default Lovey dovey

Quote:
Does anybody have so many things that miss out on because they don't have their significant other with them? Like concerts or just fun events
I’m a super lovey dovey person. If there’s an event I really want to go to I’ll take my mom if nobody is interested. Haha. Other than that I’m a pretty independent person. But family events? I always think, “ugh - he should be here”.

The Following User Says Thank You to MissStar For This Useful Post:
Sarah96 (01-14-2018)
Old 01-14-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissStar View Post
I’m a super lovey dovey person. If there’s an event I really want to go to I’ll take my mom if nobody is interested. Haha. Other than that I’m a pretty independent person. But family events? I always think, “ugh - he should be here”.
Yeah I've been hanging out with my parents a lot lately lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Sarah96 For This Useful Post:
xolady (01-14-2018)
Old 01-14-2018, 02:11 PM

I have missed my love for 15 plus years. We reunited a couple years ago, and have been officially back together almost a year and I couldn't be happier. Though I often think about the moments we had together before and am more than anxious to have them again, I get lonely, but I am a lot more content than I expected to be. We are connecting strongly in other areas, so the lack of physical is less difficult than it probably would be if that was our main focus. Then again we haven't been together in years, so it's easier for me than probably most ladies that didn't meet theirs while inside. That has to be difficult!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KensFuture For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-14-2018), Sarah96 (01-14-2018)
Old 01-14-2018, 03:16 PM

Thanked 4,298 Times in 2,281 Posts

Quote:
Yeah I've been hanging out with my parents a lot lately lol
LOL before my 80 something year old dad died he'd invite me out to his club (ELKS) when my husband was in prison because he felt sorry for me!!!LOL I know what you mean about missing him doing things with you, but thems the breaks when your guys in prison.
The Following User Says Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
Sarah96 (01-14-2018)
Old 01-14-2018, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KensFuture View Post
I have missed my love for 15 plus years. We reunited a couple years ago, and have been officially back together almost a year and I couldn't be happier. Though I often think about the moments we had together before and am more than anxious to have them again, I get lonely, but I am a lot more content than I expected to be. We are connecting strongly in other areas, so the lack of physical is less difficult than it probably would be if that was our main focus. Then again we haven't been together in years, so it's easier for me than probably most ladies that didn't meet theirs while inside. That has to be difficult!
I'm so happy for you!!! That is great