Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Fort Dix FCI
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Fort Dix FCI Topics and discussion specific to FCI Fort Dix in Fort Dix, NJ.

Old 05-24-2018, 06:01 PM

Default Eligible for Camp

Hi all,
I need some help. Im trying to see if anything can be done about timing camp placement. My brother has no points and says he is being held @ Ft Dix outside of his level of custody. The unit manager told him to report for a camp assignment 5/21 and totally forgot. New unit mgr starts in 8 days. Any suggestions? Just wondering thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2018, 10:02 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 19,992 Times in 11,683 Posts

It sounds like his case manager realized the mistake and is correcting it, so I would give it more time. I know some bop prisons that make folks with camp points stay in the FCI low for a few months before moving them to the camp, so the bop seems to treat custody scores as a suggestion. I hope he is moved soon.
Old 05-25-2018, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
It sounds like his case manager realized the mistake and is correcting it, so I would give it more time. I know some bop prisons that make folks with camp points stay in the FCI low for a few months before moving them to the camp, so the bop seems to treat custody scores as a suggestion. I hope he is moved soon.
I hope so too. He sounds so down and out. No points, case mgr moving on, and he feels like nothing is going to happen because hes leaving. I asked him about the vet rep who should be seeing him and he laughed and said she has 3 prisons and he never sees her, due to no fault of her own. 18 months or less and at least they should be working with him. He feels like he will forever be messed up in his mind. Praying for resolution. Thanks for replying
Old 05-25-2018, 07:48 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 19,992 Times in 11,683 Posts

If he doesn't get moved to a camp, he needs to file an inmate grievance to be moved to the correct security level prison. Talking about it doesn't generate a permanent record, a grievance does.

In the cases I saw, the bop seemed to be concerned that an inmate with camp points, and no "management variable" that lets them keep him in ANY prison, will get injured in the higher security location. As a result they usually got moved quickly.
Old 05-25-2018, 03:58 PM

Current warden at Dix is eager to ship out everyone with camp (or medium) points, but it's much more work for the case managers than leaving them where they already are. That said, even if his points are in the camp range, there's some BOP policy about not moving anyone until they've been in their current placement for 18 months.

And considering how unpleasant BOP travel can be, unless they're moving him to the camp at Dix, he might be better off staying put.