Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Criminal Legal Help!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Criminal Legal Help! Ask questions, get opinions, and find resources on dealing with criminal justice legal issues, appeals, and more..

Old 11-21-2017, 11:16 AM

Thank you for the info you posted. I am sending my son the info.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2019, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softheart View Post
Ken first thank you for making this a sticky it saves me a lot of cutting and pasting when people ask.
Kris when I compiled part of this list there are only a couple that have emails listed. When I originally posted the list I put the ones that had emails, it was only a couple in CA. None in N.C.the reason I was told they do not have the man power to be sitting at their emails 24/7. If they did that they would get nothing done.

softie

I have another list of pro bono attorneys. One even made an appointment with me to discuss legal questions. My problem is that I can't think of the right questions because after eight years my brother calls three times a week and i never get any information about the prison or the inmates.

He got twentyfive to life. I wish that he felt that he could talk to me. He is a model inmate with college almost finish and is an M2 sponsor.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:30 PM
attorney

Thanked 21,943 Times in 7,640 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignbeau View Post
I have another list of pro bono attorneys. One even made an appointment with me to discuss legal questions. My problem is that I can't think of the right questions because after eight years my brother calls three times a week and i never get any information about the prison or the inmates.

He got twentyfive to life. I wish that he felt that he could talk to me. He is a model inmate with college almost finish and is an M2 sponsor.
Narrow it down:

What is the goal of your litigation? Is it an appeal? Is it clemency? Is it a specific motion dealing with sentence?

From there, it is a job interview with the attorney - ask about experience, ask about experience with that particular type of matter, ask what he is looking for in a pro bono case.

Ask how long it will take. Ask if he is going to go to the prison and interview your brother. Ask about communication between inmate and attorney - preferred form.

That should get you started.
The Following User Says Thank You to yourself For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (05-29-2019)
Old 10-10-2019, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaynepaulghetto View Post

Hi,
Do you have any pro bono lawyers in Tennessee? My husbands time is wrong and they railroaded him when he was 17...24 yrs later his dates are wrong.