Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ALABAMA > Alabama Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Alabama Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to the Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Alabama.

Old 08-11-2006, 10:11 AM

Default back again

I guess i lost my info for this now i have found it again.my son is going to work release/cwc soon,thank goodness but what is the community work camp (or center)? i looked up elba (as good as I could) can't find 2 mch.is the community work stuff free? i need him 2 make his own money! it is very hard on me as i am sure iit is on alot of yall.i would like 2 know the rules for visiting,passes,phones,etc. thanks yall
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2006, 07:39 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Thanked 4,531 Times in 1,247 Posts

Hi,

I have moved this into our Alabama subforum devoted to the work release centers and work camps.

I don't know too much about the camps (although I would assume they're mostly the same) but yes, at a work release center he will be getting a job and making money that he can use himself or even send home to you.

There is a large amount of information about some of the specific work releases in sticky threads here at the top of this subforum - tho some details will vary from facility to facility, a lot will be the same and will at least give you some idea of what to expect, so take a look through them (especially the Mobile and Loxley ones) when you get a chance. There's also probably plenty of additional info in other threads in this subforum.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:56 PM
No longer Spadesboo

I know Loxley is a community work center and they have both regular work release and free labor inmates there. (they usually have to do free labor for so many days when they first get there before they go to a real job and when the work release guys get in trouble they have to do free labor for a while. Mobile is same way-free labor and regular work release.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:00 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Thanked 4,531 Times in 1,247 Posts

Ah - I wasn't aware of that, I thought they all got paid a salary. Good to know, thanks!