Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > FLDOC - What You Need to Know > Florida Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Florida prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's regional subforum in the Florida forum.

Old 05-16-2020, 03:59 PM

Default JPay restricted account

Hello, I have a loved one in prison, well, my significant other, and we communicate through JPay, as I'm living in the UK (for now), its the easiest way to communicate with each other. Well, something weird has happened and I tried Googling about it but found no answers, so I thought I'd come onto here to talk about it. I'm not quite sure where to start, so sorry if some of this seems irrelevant. Wednesday and Thursday are his days off work. I messaged him on Wednesday, and waited all day for a reply. Eventually I got one from him which was like "no message today huh? I wonder what you've been up to" and that he'd hoped that we could message back and forth because it was his day off. I replied and apologised that he hadn't received my previous message and explained that I had sent one and it should get to him soon, and that the day after we could message back and forth. I sent him a message the next morning, and he replied (also saying in the reply he had received the message that hadn't got through to him from the day before). I sent several more that day and he didn't reply, which is unlike him, keep in mind its his day off and he has a JP5 also. I also sent a video gram, showing him letters I'd received from pen friends (just regular people on the outs) I still hadn't received a message when I woke up the next morning, so I messaged him saying I was a little worried and that I hoped to hear back from him soon. Later on in the day, yesterday, I got an email saying my videogram had been censored. It said reason: other, comments: letter contents. 1) the letters were completely innocent, and 2) you can barely see the writing anyway as the JPay quality is obviously low. The only thing I can think of is that I showed the envelopes because they were pretty and had stickers on. Maybe its to do with showing the addresses I don't know. I tried to message him later on in the day as I hadn't heard from him in over a day which (apart from on weekends when the messages take longer to get to you, they usually get to you the Monday or Tuesday afterwards depending on how long they are) is unusual, and this is what came up, and still comes up: "You are currently restricted from sending communications to this contact. If you have questions, you can contact JPay Customer Support at (their customer support number)". I am really upset and worried by this, does anyone know about these restrictions, and if so does anyone know if they're permanent or temporary? I tried adding one of his friends in the prison, and the same message came up. I made another account with a fake name (a joke name that he knows is me but is a real life name) and acted like I was someone who knew him who was passing on messages on my behalf. I sent him a message on that account last night, but I don't know if 1) he's even received it, 2) if he's replied if he has received it, which if he has I haven't got because of the weekend probably and 3) if the same people in the mail room read the same inmates messages, because if so, they might know the fake account is me from previous messages on my original account joking about me with that name. I can still write messages on that account, (the joke one) so everything seems fine on there so far. I just don't want to have to write him pretending to be someone else. And the messages are obviously very important to me on the original account. I can still read my sent messages and inbox messages, so it's not like they've completely blocked off my account. I have had a message, a couple pictures and a video gram (apart from the letter videogram) censored before and he's had a message be censored, so maybe it was caused by having too many things censored. If anyone has been through this or has any answers, it would be much appreciated. Is this temporary? Would I be able to still talk to him as me on a different account with my name, or will the prison cut contact between us completely? I did try ringing customer support yesterday but it said expect to be on hold for a very long time, so I hung up as its costing me as an international call. I emailed customer support after that, but have had no reply yet. Any help or answers would be super appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2020, 04:19 PM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,895 Times in 13,715 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. I hope you get answers so you can figure out what's happening, and why.
Old 05-16-2020, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekskeeper View Post
Hello, I have a loved one in prison, well, my significant other, and we communicate through JPay, as I'm living in the UK (for now), its the easiest way to communicate with each other. Well, something weird has happened and I tried Googling about it but found no answers, so I thought I'd come onto here to talk about it. I'm not quite sure where to start, so sorry if some of this seems irrelevant. Wednesday and Thursday are his days off work. I messaged him on Wednesday, and waited all day for a reply. Eventually I got one from him which was like "no message today huh? I wonder what you've been up to" and that he'd hoped that we could message back and forth because it was his day off. I replied and apologised that he hadn't received my previous message and explained that I had sent one and it should get to him soon, and that the day after we could message back and forth. I sent him a message the next morning, and he replied (also saying in the reply he had received the message that hadn't got through to him from the day before). I sent several more that day and he didn't reply, which is unlike him, keep in mind its his day off and he has a JP5 also. I also sent a video gram, showing him letters I'd received from pen friends (just regular people on the outs) I still hadn't received a message when I woke up the next morning, so I messaged him saying I was a little worried and that I hoped to hear back from him soon. Later on in the day, yesterday, I got an email saying my videogram had been censored. It said reason: other, comments: letter contents. 1) the letters were completely innocent, and 2) you can barely see the writing anyway as the JPay quality is obviously low. The only thing I can think of is that I showed the envelopes because they were pretty and had stickers on. Maybe its to do with showing the addresses I don't know. I tried to message him later on in the day as I hadn't heard from him in over a day which (apart from on weekends when the messages take longer to get to you, they usually get to you the Monday or Tuesday afterwards depending on how long they are) is unusual, and this is what came up, and still comes up: "You are currently restricted from sending communications to this contact. If you have questions, you can contact JPay Customer Support at (their customer support number)". I am really upset and worried by this, does anyone know about these restrictions, and if so does anyone know if they're permanent or temporary? I tried adding one of his friends in the prison, and the same message came up. I made another account with a fake name (a joke name that he knows is me but is a real life name) and acted like I was someone who knew him who was passing on messages on my behalf. I sent him a message on that account last night, but I don't know if 1) he's even received it, 2) if he's replied if he has received it, which if he has I haven't got because of the weekend probably and 3) if the same people in the mail room read the same inmates messages, because if so, they might know the fake account is me from previous messages on my original account joking about me with that name. I can still write messages on that account, (the joke one) so everything seems fine on there so far. I just don't want to have to write him pretending to be someone else. And the messages are obviously very important to me on the original account. I can still read my sent messages and inbox messages, so it's not like they've completely blocked off my account. I have had a message, a couple pictures and a video gram (apart from the letter videogram) censored before and he's had a message be censored, so maybe it was caused by having too many things censored. If anyone has been through this or has any answers, it would be much appreciated. Is this temporary? Would I be able to still talk to him as me on a different account with my name, or will the prison cut contact between us completely? I did try ringing customer support yesterday but it said expect to be on hold for a very long time, so I hung up as its costing me as an international call. I emailed customer support after that, but have had no reply yet. Any help or answers would be super appreciated.
For any reason would you be blocked or something that's strange for that to happen to you i dont even think they can block us i hope you find out what happened
The Following User Says Thank You to ambermarshall11 For This Useful Post:
derekskeeper (05-17-2020)
Old 05-16-2020, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 6,396 Times in 3,195 Posts

They may not lift the block if they learn the fake account is you too circumventing.
Old 05-18-2020, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Ok update. The same message now appears on the account with the fake name. I am heartbroken because he's inside for 7 more years, and I may not ever get to speak to him again in that time. How is our relationship going to work if we can't even contact each other? :'(
Old 05-18-2020, 02:01 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,424 Times in 2,235 Posts

Stop doing shit in the first place... feels to me this is not going to end well...
We all make mistakes, but with regards to prison you just have have to be extra careful.... boring, I know...
derekskeeper (05-18-2020), sass4221 (05-18-2020)
Old 05-18-2020, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Ok update. The same message now appears on the account with the fake name. I am heartbroken because he's inside for 7 more years, and I may not ever get to speak to him again in that time. How is our relationship going to work if we can't even contact each other? :'(
Maybe you need to contact Jpay and ask them what's going on they can maybe reset your account or what not it has to be on Jpays end the only other thing i can think of is do you have an order of protection or something there has to be a reason that you cant set an account up
derekskeeper (05-18-2020)
Old 05-18-2020, 03:26 PM
Certified Recluse
Donation Award 

Showing letters or envelopes in the videogram might be seen as trying to establish third party contact. Yes, it may sound crazy but it could be construed that way.
Making a fake profile and attempting to contact him that way was very unwise. If found out it will count against you getting contact reinstated.
Hope Jpay can answer your questions.

Last edited by marco1969; 05-18-2020 at 03:30 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marco1969 For This Useful Post:
derekskeeper (05-18-2020), MizzyMuffling (05-18-2020), sass4221 (05-18-2020)
Old 05-18-2020, 06:09 PM

another update, I finally managed to get in contact with JPay, and they confirmed that my account was blocked but there is nothing they can do and that I need to get in contact with the Florida DoC. I tried calling but didn't know what button to press for the situation, so I called up the prison about 8 times but no answer. I left them an email. I know that I am a complete idiot, and I've probably done this to myself. I don't really know what I'm doing, I'm fairly new to this prison stuff. I just hope this can be fixed because if not I've fked up my life basically, and made things super difficult for our relationship. I didn't mean to. I just don't think sometimes I guess.
Old 05-18-2020, 07:49 PM

Quote:
another update, I finally managed to get in contact with JPay, and they confirmed that my account was blocked but there is nothing they can do and that I need to get in contact with the Florida DoC. I tried calling but didn't know what button to press for the situation, so I called up the prison about 8 times but no answer. I left them an email. I know that I am a complete idiot, and I've probably done this to myself. I don't really know what I'm doing, I'm fairly new to this prison stuff. I just hope this can be fixed because if not I've fked up my life basically, and made things super difficult for our relationship. I didn't mean to. I just don't think sometimes I guess.
When you set up the account for Jpay did you press something to get blocked from your account originally im sure the jail can unblock it im sure its done all the time hope so does your husband no what is going on
Old 05-18-2020, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 6,396 Times in 3,195 Posts

Quote:
Go back to good old fashioned snail mail. Write letters. Seems that's the only option you have left.
Old 05-19-2020, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambermarshall11 View Post
When you set up the account for Jpay did you press something to get blocked from your account originally im sure the jail can unblock it im sure its done all the time hope so does your husband no what is going on
I think everything was well when creating the account itís just that his prison have blocked me I finally managed to get in contact with JPay and they said itís not from their end itís the prison that blocked me, but because itís the prison they donít know the reason why, and that I need to get in contact with the Florida DoC to see if I can get it unblocked. I worry because I donít know if my S.O knows whatís going on, thatís why I stupidly made the fake account, so I could let him know whatís going on in case he doesnít, but I donít even know if those messages reached him now that they blocked that account too.
Old 05-19-2020, 05:23 AM

Quote:
I think everything was well when creating the account itís just that his prison have blocked me I finally managed to get in contact with JPay and they said itís not from their end itís the prison that blocked me, but because itís the prison they donít know the reason why, and that I need to get in contact with the Florida DoC to see if I can get it unblocked. I worry because I donít know if my S.O knows whatís going on, thatís why I stupidly made the fake account, so I could let him know whatís going on in case he doesnít, but I donít even know if those messages reached him now that they blocked that account too.

You being blocked by the prison could be a violation of any one of the reasons listed on this pdf file.

https://council.legislature.mi.gov/C...dInfo/JPay.pdf
The Following User Says Thank You to Born For This Useful Post:
derekskeeper (05-19-2020)
Old 05-19-2020, 05:29 AM

derekskeeper,

Also the reason why your fake account was blocked was because the prison would have flaged your IP address as being the same as the original blocked account. Don't ever think that you could outsmart these people.
Old 05-19-2020, 05:41 AM

There's also this https://www.michigan.gov/documents/c...8_616005_7.pdf
Old 05-19-2020, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born View Post
You being blocked by the prison could be a violation of any one of the reasons listed on this pdf file.

https://council.legislature.mi.gov/C...dInfo/JPay.pdf
I just read that learn something every day didn't no the prison could block you guess so hope everything works out for you its crazy they would block you for that reason
Old 05-19-2020, 05:47 PM

Another update again sorry for all the updates, his prison got back to me on the email and left a phone number for me to ring, so I did and they said I’ve done nothing wrong, rules to do with him is apparently the reason that my JPay is restricted for now, whatever that means. It is temporary but it’s probably gonna be for a long while. But they said I can still send regular mail. So snail mail it is I guess. Why do they have to have certain rules for him? So annoying. I know I didn’t help any of this but they said I did nothing wrong so that is sort of comforting to hear in a way. It will be resolved in the future I think but for now snail mail it is, because of whatever his rules are? Weird. Ugh he’s just a human being why can’t they treat him like one, incarcerated or not. Anyway thanks so much to everyone who left a reply, it really helped me out.
Old 05-19-2020, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Another update again sorry for all the updates, his prison got back to me on the email and left a phone number for me to ring, so I did and they said Iíve done nothing wrong, rules to do with him is apparently the reason that my JPay is restricted for now, whatever that means. It is temporary but itís probably gonna be for a long while. But they said I can still send regular mail. So snail mail it is I guess. Why do they have to have certain rules for him? So annoying. I know I didnít help any of this but they said I did nothing wrong so that is sort of comforting to hear in a way. It will be resolved in the future I think but for now snail mail it is, because of whatever his rules are? Weird. Ugh heís just a human being why canít they treat him like one, incarcerated or not. Anyway thanks so much to everyone who left a reply, it really helped me out.
Glad to hear you heard something maybe he got in trouble and cant use jpay for whatever reason
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ambermarshall11 For This Useful Post:
derekskeeper (05-19-2020), GingerM (05-20-2020), trauma4us (05-20-2020)
Old 05-20-2020, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 9,459 Times in 3,676 Posts

It sounds like he got in trouble, and part of the repercussions is that he's not allowed to use JPay. I'm glad you got it figured out.

As for this:
Quote:
Another update again sorry for all the updates
Please don't apologize or ever hesitate to update us. We love it when people tell us how things turned out. And think about it - now that you've posted your issues, how many other people will run into the same problem and come here looking for advice/answers. They'll be able to read your post and have a much better idea of what may be going on.

Thank you for sharing with us!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
derekskeeper (05-20-2020), marco1969 (05-20-2020), trauma4us (05-20-2020)
Old 05-20-2020, 09:03 AM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,895 Times in 13,715 Posts

The other option is "no snail mail" from you.

It takes some work on his part, but it is definitely possible for him to complete his prison sentence within the rules. Violating them almost always results in punishment, and prison imposed sanctions are usually more severe than necessary, in hopes that the prisoner will learn to stay within the rules in the future.
Old 05-20-2020, 02:22 PM
Certified Recluse
Donation Award 

It's good news for you, so you're not in trouble. Do reconsider contact - or at least the nature of your contact with him. If he cannot abide by the rules he may be bad news.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marco1969 For This Useful Post:
derekskeeper (05-21-2020), fbopnomore (05-21-2020), GingerM (05-21-2020), maytayah (05-20-2020), MizzyMuffling (05-20-2020)