Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > PTO Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PTO Lounge Come in... put your feet up and relax... talk about anything non-prison related! Hobbies, Books, Technical and Do it Yourself, Travel and more.

Old 02-26-2008, 04:41 PM

Default PLEASE READ, DESPERATE FOR HELP,: 15 years for 3rd degree non violent burglaries

Hi, I am new to this and I already posted once but I can't seem to find it. I will start my story at the beginning becauz I think that I made the last one confusing and hopefully I can get some signatures, help advice or something out of this, everyone that I have read on here is so supportive I thought that this would be the best place to tell my story. In August of 2006 my husband used a key that he knew where it was and he went into a elderly ladies apartment looking for pills, he has a addiction to pills esp tramadol and kolonopin.

He cannot commit crimes without them. I have to go back a little further and explain at the time he was trying to take care of me and him, we had just found out that I was pregnant, as he was about to leave the apartment, the lady came home, he had kind of known her so he talked his way out of it and she didn't even call the police for a few hours, I think that the landlord talked her into it because she was upset with us, it was the day that we were moving out on our lease. Well the next day they arrested him 3rd degree that got upped to 1st degree 2 days later, well his mom bailed him out. While he was out his dad had given us permission to get credit cards in his name and use the ones that he had.

He said that he didn't care about his credit, because he is barely hanging on, well he has the same name as my husband and is dying, he lays in bed all day can't move, in a wheelchair, all he does is drink, watch tv and eat butterfingers. We paid the bills as they came anyway, but his grandma found out (His fathers mother) and turned us both in saying that we did not have permission, we even got it on tape that of him saying that he gave us permission.

So he got another charge but missed court, I didn't (my case was eventually dismissed right before it was to go to trial) But he got rearrested in Dec of 2006. I bailed him out in Feb. of 07. But during the time that he was out before he got rearrested the police obviously forged documents and statements and planted evidence that even had the wrong date on them because they didn't have enough evidence. After he got bailed out by me, he couldn't get a job, no one would give him a chance, when he first got arrested he was working at his mom and stepfathers restaurant, Him and his stepfather hate each other and he only got the lowest paying full time job cleaning becuz of his mom, he always has been pretty close to his mom. This is a really small town in Northeastern Minnesota, and his step father is friends with one of the detectives, (There are 2 that I know of and the other one is a complete jerk) At his job the court would adjust the child support for his 2 other children so when they took it out of his check he ended up with only 125 dollars every 2 weeks, his mom also had a tanning salon that was across the street that they closed when the restaurant opened and he had been working for his mom.

We lived in the tanning salon, with no kitchen or way to make food and no shower, we had to go down to his moms house when his stepfather wasn't there to shower otherwise I would just wash up in the sink in the bathroom. I am disabled and I get a monthly check but it was still not enough to live on. But we got emergency assistance and got a place anyway we tried putting an ad in the paper for odd jobs, but being in a small town we didn't get much work, mowing, painting boards and also got a paper route. All the money from the paper route would usually go into the gas tank even though we walked alot, after awhile I couldn't do that anymore because of my knee (I also have a mental disability) But I would be in so much pain that I couldn't sleep or walk, plus the other jobs took its toll. We could of only done this in the summer anyway because where we live it can get to be 50 below zero plus windchill.

But all this isn't the point. We were always getting harassed, his step father was constantly trying to set him up saying he was doing all this stuff and recording him with his det. friend. My parents were helping out as much as they could, but I was pregnant and my whole pregnancy I had complications. Needing extra care, and doc appts, going to the emergency room, fainting in walmart, getting in a car accident where we were stopped at a stop light and a car hit us from behind going probably 50 to 60 miles an hour, (Sorry I am trying to be as specific as possible, and some of this stuff isn't even relevant in a way) Well he thought that he had no other choice after our daughter was born and started taking kolonopin and tramadol, which let him stay up for days and not care (the kolonopin) he started robbing houses, which he does deserve to be punished for but I will get to that. It was probably about 7 houses all of them were when people were not home and he never has done anything violent, where if he had this would be a whole different story. When he is sober, he was the sweetest most supportive best person/husband that you could ever ask for.

I will never forget the look on his face when our daughter was born and he had tears in his eyes. We wrote so many letters, telling everyone what the police had done, forging, harassing, planting evidence, that was so clear an idiot could of told that he did it. He got a public defender and tried to get him fired and get a different one becuz this guy was trying to get him more time. His dad also told the head prosecutor that my husband had robbed his house and took a credit card, so the prosecutor lower than him took the case, and the judge told him that he was going to give him 20 yrs. just for the 1st degree, we even drove to Washington DC to the dept of justice to try to talk to someone but couldn't even get into the building or talk to anyone but the guards outside. Well he had not robbed any houses yet. Until everything we thought that we could do was done, and people were saying that's not right but no one would get involved, they even wrote that, they did not want to get involved, handwriting analysis--no one. We had no money and 2 weeks before we went to DC I gave birth to our daughter. He got arrested for 7 3rd degree burglaries on Sept 17, 2 days after our 1 yr wedding anniversary.

They then froze the apartment, took my car and took him (he had just got home from going to target) There was a dozen and a half police cars and sheriffs vehicles, etc, I saw what was going on through the window and I went downstairs, (My daughter was sleeping) and asked what was going on. The one police officer was a total jerk and told me to go back inside I was interfering when i was standing on the sidewalk across the street. I told him that I was not interfering I was just standing there and I wasn't leaving until I knew what was going on. So his step fathers friend det and the cheif of police and another officer came over to talk to me and said that they were freezing our apartment, pending a search warrant. They said the only reason that I was being allowed back in was because of our daughter, otherwise I wouldn't have been allowed in there. But cops came in our apartment and sat with me, followed me around for 5 or 6 hours, before they got the search warrant signed by the judge. ( I noticed later that the search warrant had the wrong address on it, and when I told my husband this the det. came to me and flipped out, he said he would go back and charge me with a accessory to everything, they knew that I hadn't done anything. Our daughter had colic and I was sleeping alot when my husband would leave or he would say that he was going to the store. Then although I cooperated fully and everything was returned because of me, because they told me that if I didn't cooperate they were going to take my daughter away from me, take my car and put me in jail they knew that I was claustrophobic really bad, at the time I think my daughter was 4 months old (and she was my miracle, the doctors had told me in 2003 because I had endometrosis I would never have children there was too much scar tissue, the police knew all this.

Even when they had no idea and before anything started they put a tracking device on my car, tapped our phones and put listening devices in our apartment once at 4 in the morning after a police officer had just seen my husband and pulled him over, he told the cop that he was just out driving around and would go to his sisters because we had gotten into a fight so the offficer knowing that my husband was not home came to our apartment by himself at 4 in the morning me and my daughter were alone, and when I answered the door he asked if my husband was home (Instead of keep on saying my husband because I don't want the cops to come after me becuz of this I will just say our names, I don't care anymore My husband is Rob and I am Jessica. I told him that Rob and I had gotten into a fight and he left, he asked if he could come in and look around to make sure Rob really wasn't there and I was telling the truth. He had seen Rob drive in the opposite direction of our house, and came directly to our house, because Rob called me, and the cop was standing right there, he left right after that I thought quickly and didn't ask anymore about Rob. He had just made small talk while he looked around.

I wasn't really thinking about it, but if a officer enters your home there are supposed to be 2 of them this one came in by himself. Anyway after my husband was arrested they said that if I had anything to do with him that I would be charged with him, and why they were so mad about the wrong address on the search warrant, when I thought that I could not live with myself if I didn't go and tell him, try to help as much as possible because they gave him plea of 15 yrs for this, his actual out date on the internet is July 31, 2017. At the same time another person was getting charged with 3rd degree burglary and he got probation and on another case a guy had stabbed his girlfriend over 20 some times, she almost died but didn't and he got a plea of 8 years, on another case a man with priors got 27 burglaries and was sentenced to 2 and a half yrs. I researched and found a bunch of similar cases, His case shouldn't of been tried in this area with his dad saying that he broke in the prosecutors house. But he was told that if he didn't take the plea if he lost the case with that lawyer who was already trying to give him more time he would get 80 yrs. I know that most people say he did it and deserves to be, and he does but not to the extent they are, they are not supposed to put non violent offenders in maximum security prisons, with murders and where they are only allowed out of their cell for an hour a day, but they did.

Everyone in there asks how much time he has and when he says 15 years they think that he is in there for murder, there is no one that I know of that thinks that he deserves the time that he got. He won't be eligible for med sec until oct 2009. I just want people who can try and help me get his time reduced or give me any ideas no matter how unimportant it may seem, please any advise petition whatever I can do to get his time reduced. It was supposed to be all run cuncurrent and it wasn't his plea bargain on the 1st was 60 months or 5 yrs where he would do 3 and a half. That seems fair to me, with all the other people getting brakes, but all the letters that we wrote about misconduct we got cops, judges and prosecutors in trouble or reviewed the one that is friends with his step father even bragged that all he got was a slap on the wrist. There is so much more misconduct I know that I missed.

Me, his mom, and his sister and her boyfriend were listed as witnesses for the first case, the 1 st degree, we wrote letters to the judge telling him to look at the pics and that the bag that they had (there was a bag missing from the same area as all the keys for the apartments are stored) and that is how they say he got into the ladies apartment becuz the master key was gone according to the landlord then she contrdicted herself and said there was a spare) and a bunch of lies. Well a bag was missing from another lady and they said that he broke in stole the bag and the master key. His mom had wrote a letter to the judge saying that she had purchased a bag for us just like it a month earlier, also they said the ladies name was stiched inside but when you look at that pic it was taken the next day and they gave the bag back and you can tell it is a address label, it has a mailbox on it, in the police reports they said it was found in two different places and the name was in 2 different places. We sent this evidence and the forged doc and statements all over. To everyone who should of done something but didn't. Since I did not divorce him I am still getting harassed, I got pulled over recently by the same cop that came to my house at 4 am alone, pulled over alone, gave the reason as suspision of drugs, which I have been tested before to please them, random, I was always clean they know I don't do drugs and I have no record, but I was searched and groped then he told me if I told anyone or if he caught me in his jurisdiction next time it would be worse, now i have panic attacks , I have been on meds and everytime I go to my appts a cop follows me, I am afraid to go into town and will not go by myself, unfortunately this town is the only one you can get med treatment or go to a grocery or department store without traveling for 45 minutes to the next town.

I live with my parents, I could not afford to live on my own and could barely function after this happened. So my mom goes with me when I have to go to my doc appts, she is the one that takes my daughter who is now 9 months old to her doc appts, gets her food and wic. I get physically ill and have a panic attack every single time I have to go to the doc appt and I can't just quit the meds because of the affects of just quitting and I need them. My mom will go in and get the prescriptions and everything else me and my daughter need. I can only afford to go down and visit my husband once a month, and they just approved my daughter so now this weekend he will see her for the first time in 3 months and be able to hold for the first time since his arrest, and his little girl has been everything to him since the day she was born. I have to travel over 3 hrs just to see him and stay in a hotel. I could not afford the 500.00 deductible to fix my car when the other person hit us, and took off, this was in Flordia and there was never anything done about it, I have a bumper and muffler barely hanging on and not impact bar so it is dangerous for my daughter to be in the back, if I got hit in the back again my car (its a littler car) would crush at least all the way up to the front seat. Please if there is anyone who can help me or give me any advice to get my husband home soooner {PLEASE WRITE OR RESPOND TO ME THIS IS THE LAST PLACE I KNOW OF, I HAVE TRIED EVERYWHERE ELSE THAT I CAN FIND AFTER HOURS ON THE INTERNET ANYTHING THAT I CAN THINK OF AND NO ONE CARES, BUT SOMEONE OUT THERE HAS TO CARE, THIS ISN'T FAIR AND SOMEONE HAS TO KNOW SOMETHING THAT I CAN DO, ON START SIGNING PLEASE HELP, THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS!!!!

Last edited by Keltria; 04-14-2008 at 10:55 AM.. Reason: Was too long to read as one continous paragraph.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2008, 06:40 PM

Default People Do Care

Sometimes people lose their way, in the end, those that matter, care.....
Old 02-27-2008, 06:26 AM
strong enough

I say you need to get on your feet for you and your daughter, if you qualify for food stamps you can also get assistance to pay for child care, get a job, get the child in a good daycare, apply for Section 8 or HUD so you can get affordable housing.
He needs to deal with his own addictions and the wreckage he has done, you need to take care of yourself and the baby. He is no help for you from in there don't worry about that write now, be supportive, write, etc, but get on your feet and move forward sister. If you have panic attacks and need medication you should have a weekly therapist/counselor to talk to, you need to heal you and get strong for your child.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:32 PM

I will sign this
Old 03-04-2008, 02:18 PM

Exclamation Please Read

IF there is anyone else that will sign the petition for a sentence reduction, please pm me and I will send you my email, and PLEASE READ MY STORY. I am strong, and my baby and I will be fine, the sentence was not fair and we (my daughter and I) need my husband home with us, SO PLEASE. Just take a moment to pm me and get on the petition. THANK YOU FOR READING THIS!
Old 04-14-2008, 10:24 AM

I am sorry to have to say this, but if your husband accepted the plea bargain, there is really nothing that can be done, anything and everything that has to be done is on his end. If he gets into treatment he may be able to get to Medium or Minimum faster, but I think here in MN you have to have 48 months or less of time remaining. Good Luck

Old 05-09-2008, 01:39 PM
He's The Lucky One

Bye the way if I'm wrong, then I'm sorry, and your husband is basically screwed. He's probly not gonna get out early. Those early releases are usually a bunch of crap.

The breathe in my heart will return to me....

Last edited by Smurff465261; 05-09-2008 at 01:45 PM..
Old 05-09-2008, 01:39 PM
He's The Lucky One

You know, I'm tired of seeing your pity-party. All your doing is trying to get attention. Everyone else, go look at her posts before you start b*tching at me. Some of her posts say he is in for 2nd degree burglary and some of them say 3rd degree, there's a big difference in that AND every post talks about how pititful her life is. Honestly, just about everyone here has a sad story. You don't have to keep repeating yours. I got 7 years probation for conspiracy to 2nd degree Burglary. My fiance has been in jail 10 mos and will be for another 7. I've seen him twice since then and went through a pregnancy and birth w/o him, so excuse me if I don't feel sorry for you. BTW I had never had any trouble before either.

The breathe in my heart will return to me....