Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Louisiana Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Louisiana Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 04-29-2004, 10:37 AM

Default Parole Board

My husband will be up for parole in September. Does anyone have any suggestions or anything that I can do to help him get parole? I've heard that family members and friends can write to the Parole Board. Does anyone know any specifics on what to write or how the parole board is in Louisiana?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2004, 04:09 AM
Closed

did you check the LA DOC website? It has a section on Parole Boards. Good luck!
Old 04-30-2004, 08:59 AM

Yes, I checked there, but it doesn't give any information.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:30 PM

Default Parole bd in Louisiana

Really there is nothing you can do to help your husband. I had several people write letters for my husband but it did not matter. I had 20 letters for him. I don't even think they read the letters. Because the victims did not want him out he was not released. He got two out of three votes to grant parole but it has to unanimous. So therefore he is still in. I found part of the board to be very biased and the other part was really concerned. I attended his parole hearing and one of them did not even acknowledge me being there. I had to address her by name to listen to me. So was looking down, fumbling with papers, another words totally igoring me. His was a non violent crime (theft) and he was a first time offender. Gov Blanco changed some of the members of the board but the one who was biased is still on there. If there is a victim involved it probably depends on what they want.
Old 08-31-2004, 11:09 AM

He has plenty of letters and a couple of job offers. He is locked up for carnal knowledge and possession of cocaine. His carnal knowledge charge was dropped by the victim, but the state picked it back up because it is a sex offender charge. So he is serving 2 years for both chargers. I don't think the victim's family has any say-so in this since the chargers were dropped. I guess all I can do now is wait until his hearing and see what happens which is one week from today. I'm not attending the hearing since I live in Tennessee and he is locked up in Louisiana. Thanks for your input.