Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Louisiana Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Louisiana Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 11-11-2004, 09:31 AM
Forever Faithful

Default Visitation at Angola

How long does it take to get approved and what are the stipulations?
How long is the visit?
How often can I visit?
Is it contact visits?
What do I bring to visitation, just my ID?

My bad, if you all answered these already, but I've been gone a minute and need to be refreshed.
Allah burdens not a person beyond his scope. He gets reward for that good which he has earned, and he is punished for that evil he has earned. Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or fall into error, Our Lord! Lay not on us a burden like that which You did lay on those before us our Lord! Put not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Pardon us and grant us Forgiveness. Have mercy on us. You are our Protector and give us victory over the disbelieving people.
Surah 2:286
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2004, 12:11 AM

Hey Girl,

It takes about two weeks once your loved one submits your name, they send you a whole visit package outlining all of the rules, plus a letter from them that you must bring your fiirst visit, I think that visits are WED-SUN, or at least Thursday-Sunday. I know that weekdays aren't as crowded as weekends, and you may only get 2 hours on a weekend because of crowding, ask your loved one to be sure, but he has to submit your name. I have visited camp J, which is a non-contact visit, if the person is in a regular working camp, they will get contact visits. I hope that this helps. Also, I am coming from Jersey, so I qualify for special visits.

I hope this helps!

K

Robbie Adarra Lyons (Azim)
7-10-69 - 12-5-03
May Allah be pleased with you........

Old 11-12-2004, 01:26 PM
Forever Faithful

Thank You
Allah burdens not a person beyond his scope. He gets reward for that good which he has earned, and he is punished for that evil he has earned. Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or fall into error, Our Lord! Lay not on us a burden like that which You did lay on those before us our Lord! Put not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Pardon us and grant us Forgiveness. Have mercy on us. You are our Protector and give us victory over the disbelieving people.
Surah 2:286
Old 11-14-2004, 08:46 PM

kold is right ... visiting days are wed-thurs.

visiting is from 8-3. they kinda only guarantee you i think its like 2 hours on weekends and 4 on weekdays...? they let you know all of that good stuff in your package of rules, but if it isnt really crowded, they let you stay the whole time. also, i think the last bus for the camps leaves the front gates at 12 or 1:00, so you have to be there before then.

only once in about 10 years have i ever had to leave early.
i hope you get approved soon!! be patient...it can take as long as a damn month for everything to be approved. a friend of mine just waited 2 months. the classification dept was waaaay backed up ...
good luck!
Old 11-25-2004, 09:04 AM

my son was sent there on October 18 and he put in for special visit with the Warden of his unit, and i just visited with him on 11-23--04...for 4 hours, really was great to see him, you can eat , smoke and drink all you want, he is in the Main prison, i come from Marksville to see him 92 miles...but worth every mimute..good luck ..if you have to call classifacation...and get the ball rolling...
Old 11-25-2004, 11:24 PM

oh yes! dont be afraid to call the classification dept!
they get a little pissy with you sometimes (understandably, lol) but it CAN help!
Old 01-02-2005, 08:35 PM
xcooly50x

wow,

I would give anything if i could smoke a cigarette at visiting time with my son!

cooly

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatterd
my son was sent there on October 18 and he put in for special visit with the Warden of his unit, and i just visited with him on 11-23--04...for 4 hours, really was great to see him, you can eat , smoke and drink all you want, he is in the Main prison, i come from Marksville to see him 92 miles...but worth every mimute..good luck ..if you have to call classifacation...and get the ball rolling...