Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Louisiana Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Louisiana Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2003, 07:33 PM
Enjay's Avatar
Enjay Enjay is offline
Question Authority!

Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I live in AZ
Posts: 1,915
Thanks: 2
Thanked 142 Times in 30 Posts
Default Child Support Issues

Hi everyone. I'm here in AZ and I have a good friend incarcerated here. He has alot of child support overdue in LA and really wants to pay it all off when he gets out. The problem is, he's worried he'll be extridited (sp?) from AZ to LA when he gets ready to get out and end up sitting in jail there and not being able to pay it off. Does anyone know the extradition laws in LA and if they would extradite him for child support? He got away from paying cause of his drinking and druggig but is now clean and wants to make good.

Any help in this area would be much appreciated! If you have any info, feel free to PM me. Thanks!!
If it doesn't show in the morning, I didnt have any fun!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2003, 12:36 PM
kathy1104 kathy1104 is offline
Registered User

Join Date: May 2003
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 247
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post

I don't really know but it seems unlikely to extridite for child support, I could be wrong but I think that they only extridite for very serious offenses but I could be wrong. It seems to me that most people I know (I live in LA) who go to jail for child support only stay in jail a few days and then they let them go, but I really could be wrong. Why don't you just call the child support office and ask them? I'd ask without giving any names.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 12:51 PM
sgp sgp is offline
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Louisiana, USA
Posts: 142
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am from Louisiana but I don't know anything about extraditions. You can go to LaLegal Law forum and ask the attorneys on that forum and they'll give you the information you need and answer all your questions.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 01:01 PM
toi_ama toi_ama is offline
Account Closed

Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Oregon USA
Posts: 4,778
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 6 Posts

I think since the state that wants the person has to pay all the travel expenses for the one they bring back, it goes by how bad they want the person and how justified they think the expense is. I'd seriously doubt they'd extradite for child support, but then, being just in the neighboring state, maybe they would. I doubt it, though. And it would probably be real hard to pay enough from in there to take care of much of it. Not paying child support can be considered a felony, though.
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article: Changes to Child Support Guidelines Become Law 1dayatatime Georgia Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events 0 04-22-2005 01:36 PM
Child support question.... tonyswife23 Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat 6 03-01-2005 08:49 AM
Does anyone's man owe child support? lostinlove Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison 11 06-29-2004 06:53 PM
Help yattaboo California General Prison Talk 21 01-25-2004 02:02 AM

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:37 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics