Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Louisiana Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Louisiana Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 09-14-2004, 01:51 PM

Default Need info probation transfer from another state to home state louisiana

My brother is in an arkansas state prison resulting from a re-something probation on a 8 year old forgery c conviction. First and only crime. He received 18 months and is up for probation Jan 5, 2005. Does anyone know the procedure for transferring probation from say Arkansas to his hometown New Orleans? I will appreciate any advice or information anyone could give me.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2004, 08:22 AM
xcooly50x

my son has gone through probation from missouri to louisiana,they do like a home study thing,and papers sent from missouri to louisiana back to missouri.Your brother will be informed of decisions.
Old 09-18-2004, 02:25 PM

but how do you or whom do you apply to to have your probation transferred to your home state? Is it the probation board? And if so do you want until the transfer is approved? Or can this be done before the parole hearing? Thank you for your reply.
Old 09-18-2004, 11:36 PM
xcooly50x

they get all the paper work done,the case worker,or parole board,,,,,,someone sends papers to the state they are going to,that state does the home study and sends back to the state the prisoner is in,they look at it all and decide......the prisioner just tells them that they want to be paroled to that state...and they decide ,sorry all i can tell ya