Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Louisiana Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Louisiana Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 12-11-2004, 06:43 PM
Dennis-n-Alisha

Default Need some info on time

My boyfriend was arrested in September of 2002 and served 18 months for his charges and was supposed to get 18 months on parole. When he got arrested he had charges for two different parishes, Bossier and Caddo. So when he went to court he pled guilty in both parishes and while serving the 18 months in jail he wrote Bossier Parish to ask about his time there. (His fall partner was also doing time in Bossier) Well no one ever got back to him and he was released after 18 months in April of 2004. At this time we both called the Bossier Parish offices to see if he was supposed to go to court for the charge in Bossier or do any time and everyone we talked to said that he would not. He got arrested again in Septermber of 2004 for a parole violation and got 9 months. Then 2 months later Bossier Parish came and picked him up from the jail he was at and took him to court and gave him 6 years for the charge in 2002. First they told him he would get credit for time served in 2002 and then they said that he would only get credit for time served since he was arrested in September 2004. Is any of this legal and how can I get some answers on what is going on?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2005, 12:36 AM
Banned

the law in bossier is messed up...i know because my EX was locked up there davide wade but anyways if i were you i would check all this out with a lawyer...because sometimes they just pick up people and make them do more than they should..that is not rite. there are all kinds of things they do in this case...i won't say it all but i will say if you need legal help...ask a lawyer about it.