Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WISCONSIN > Wisconsin General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wisconsin General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Wisconsin that do not fit into any other Wisconsin sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:41 AM

oo
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2008, 12:47 AM

Hello, I am a Mother of a Son in the Wisconsin prison system.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:16 PM

Default Madison Girl Waiting

My name is Kristin, and I live in Madison. My boyfriend is currently in Dane County awaiting sentencing. I am hoping for the best, but am preparing for whatever happens. I love him and I am glad to have a place to network with other people experiencing similar situations
Old 03-05-2009, 02:44 PM

I am the mother of a son who was transferred to Dodge on 2/20/09. He was previously in Dane County Jail.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:54 AM

I am a mother of a daughter that is at Taycheedah. She's been their since February 2009. She has 6 1/2 years to serve (probation revocation) and she is putting her name on the list for boot camp.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:58 AM

I am a woman who was recently released from the wisconsin prison system. Anyone with questions about women's prison can pm me and i'll try to respond with an answer.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:25 PM

Default hi

my name is john. my fiance' is waiting patiently to go to REECC(i think thats right)in Union Grove,Wi. I'm hoping someone will stumble on this forum and reply to me cuz i have no idea what to expect when she goes there, She says i will be able to see her alot-Is this true?How does the work release thing work? I have so many questions about what to expect cuz I'm new to this. If anyone has any info, that would help me out so much. The nice thing is that i live in silver lake, which is 25 mins. away.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:34 PM

Question Stanley Correctional Facility

Hello everyone. My name is Amy and my boyfriend is at Stanley Correctional Facility. He has about 2 months left there and then he is either going to Winnebago or Sanger B Powers or McNaughton for 4 more months for minumum and then will be out. If anyone has any information on either of these 3 minimum prisons such as visitation rules and regs and hours please let me know. Also if you have family/friends/love ones in either of these places it would be great to communicate with you.

Thank you,
Amy

Old 10-14-2009, 03:20 AM
The Phoenixx Rises

I live in Madison and my guy is in Fox Lake. Any questions about Fox Lake, feel free to message me.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:04 PM

My friend was in Chippewa Falls, and now he's in Prairie Du Chien. Let me know if you have any questions about either facility. Thanks!
Old 11-17-2009, 12:17 PM

My Fiance is in fox lake. we have a 4 month old together, hes been in almost a year and still has 2 1/2 yrs left. i live in milwaukee. i work in real estate.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:16 PM

My name is Angela, I live in Waukesha County. My boyfriend was transfered November 12th to Dodge Correctional Institue. Previously he was sitting in Waukesha County Jail for seven months. I'm not exactlly sure where he will be transfered to after Dodge for his remaining seventeen months (two year sentance/time served) for probation revocation.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:28 PM

Hi my husband is in Barron County jail awaiting sentencing April 29th. He is looking at a possible 18 yrs. I live in Mayville. Anyone around me?

Old 04-10-2010, 01:06 PM

Default Hi I'm new here

Hi. My b/f just got to Dodge this week for A & E. He is in for his 6th DUI and got 3 years. He is eligible for the ERP and can get out quite a bit early when finishing this. I have a few questions.

1. How long is the process at Dodge approx. right now for anyone who has recently been through it.

2. Do most people have to go to a county jail to wait for room at one of the prisons after done with A & E?

3. How long is the wait averaging for the 6 month Earned Release Program?

4. Should I get on the visitation list at Dodge even though I can't visit cuz we're not married? Will that list go with him to the next place?

5. His P.O. told me something about getting out early with good behavior - she said 50% early but thought he could get out even earlier with this ERP. Anyone know anything about early release?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Sandy
Old 06-17-2010, 10:15 PM
**PookaNut**

Hi all!! My BF Is currently at Jackson in Black River Falls waiting to start bootcamp [next week!!]. Im going to see him tomorrow for the first time since Feb!! Super excited!

If anyone knows anything about bootcamp in black River Falls, I'd love to know what to expect, we're both hearing all SORTS of things!!
Old 01-12-2011, 01:03 AM
Engaged~012811 <3

my name is rachel, i live in green bay, my man has been gone since the end of oct 2010. hes being held currently in dodge till hes processed and sent to another prision. right now i dont know how long he is going to be in and it sucks to say the least. im a studient studying computer programing and networking.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:52 PM

I am a penpal of a fantastic guy in Green Bay. We've been writing for about 9 months now. I live in the Uk and got into this because I was looking for a death row pp but the agency misunderstood my request. Although I also have a DR pp now, I'm so glad I have this other guy. I get more out of the process than I ever imagined I would. I'm now a passionate advocate for pen pals as a result of both experiences. We still haven't got the phone stuff sorted out yet but am looking forward to chats in the future.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:01 PM

Default New Here

Good afternoon, I just found this site today and wanted to introduce myself. My boyfreind was recently sentenced to 3 years in and 3 years out
He was in county for about 2 weeks and recently transferred to Dodge about 1.5 weeks ago so we are at the beginning of this painful journey and of course I cannot visit him until A&E is complete and then who knows where he will be.
Any advice or support I can get would much be appreciated.
We have a 14 month old son so that makes it extra difficult!
Thanks in advance!
Old 02-15-2011, 08:25 PM

hey my name is Jerilyn im from philadelphia and my boyfriend is currently at langlade county jail waiting to be shipped off to dodge .
its extremely hard to be there for him when im so far away ....but i keep in contact with him parents and best friends/ constantly write/get two collect
calls from a day ....thats only good until hes shipped off to Dodge then all im left with his letters that take three days to get to me.He was moving
to the east coast in 2 weeks to be closer to me when he got charged with something he did over 10 years ago ...another thing is my family .. i come from a religious family and yes ive be sheltered most of my life ...but he is the sweetest most humble guy i have ever met ..i watched him with his friends and fam and hes so loving .but my family already dont approve due to his tatts and the fact hes heading to prison ...im just hoping in time they will see how dedicated i am to him and our future that they have no choice than to stand behind me.im not going to lie i thought about backing away but we crossed each other paths for a reason(we met in the airport ) ...i can show him someone who can love him and will always have his back and wont judge nor leave his side. GOD!!!! well thats my story if anyone want to talk about their experience let me kno im a rookie to the prison system ...or just wanna be facebook buddies hit me up
Old 02-21-2011, 02:28 PM

Did about 8 years in the wisconsin prison system. Most of my time at jackson correctional but also many county jails. ask questions and I will try to answer.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:07 PM
Donation Award 

Welcome everyone to PTO and the Wisconsin Forum!
Old 09-10-2011, 02:06 PM

Hello all, I am Diane near the Milwaukee area. My boyfriend is out in Jackson Correctional institution. He has been there for a couple of month and will be in prison for the next couple of years maybe 4 more year. We were intro. to each other from a coworker of mine back in November of 2010. Two weeks of knowing him he ended up in jail then to prison. While he was in jail I came to see him everyday and fell in love with him. Now that he is in Prison I try to see him atleast twice a month, write letters and the phone calls.
Some people around me put me down for being with a guy in prison and it is hard to deal with that however that does not matter it is what I and my kids feel about the situation.
I do want to thank other members on this site who is going thru what I am going thru. I am not alone.

I was also woundering is there a forum about Prison ride share on here?

Last edited by jaco486; 09-10-2011 at 02:07 PM..
Old 09-15-2011, 03:25 PM

Default New to the System

I'm Alex, my hunny recently got sent to Winnebago for medical recovery but will be transfering to Dodge Correctional Center in a few weeks. I go to school in Milwaukee and have only been dealing with this for one week total. It's hard but I enjoy the support on these boards already and would love to get advice from ladies in Wisconsin...

Old 09-19-2011, 04:17 AM

Default New to the Forum

Hi I am from the U.K. I have a very good friend in Milwaukee county jail, he's been there 3 months and he is awaiting trial. He is severely mentally ill He has been in mental/psychiatric hospitals four times in the past year. He is not doing well in the jail and has been suicidal. (He was suicidal before he went to jail). I am praying that he is sent to Mendota or Winnebago Mental Health complex, because he needs lots of treatment, especially dialectical behaviour therapy, and I don't think he will get that in prison. I was hoping to go to visit him next month but it looks as if his trial is coming up in January and I can't afford to go over next month and in January. Does anyone else have loved ones in Milwaukee county jail?
Old 11-28-2011, 12:00 PM

Talking

Hi there!

My name is Cate, and my husband is currently incarcerated at Oshkosh Correctional Institution in Oshkosh, WI. He is serving an 18-month sentence for non-payment of child support (first offense), and his expected release date is Febuary 19th, 2013. He is eligible for ERP, but we have to wait for him to be reclassified in January so he can move to a minimum-security facility and start working toward that.

We are facing some unique challenges in the Wisconsin prison system. I am currently on probation for a misdomeaner offense (which is making phone contact and visits damn-near impossible). He also has medical issues (he has lytic spondylothes and degenerative disk disease, which require a back surgery -- he also has a lot of dental problems) that need to be addressed before he can be reclassified.

Finally, I am 8-1/2 months pregnant with our first child together (we've been married since June 2nd, 2010). He was sentenced in August and we've been coping well so far, but it's been really hard for him to be incarcerated during the pregnancy (and potentially the first year of our child's life).

I'm glad that I found this place -- if anyone wants to network, I'd be glad to send them a message. Also, I'd definitely appreciate some insight into medical/psych proceedure and ERP in the Wisconsin Prison System.

Thanks!
Cate