Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Texas that do not fit into any other Texas subforum.

Old 03-01-2005, 12:19 PM
far from home

Default I Just Called Time Calculations...

I just called time calculations because Aaron wanted me to check on these 5 months that he had while he was out on bond...and I got an answer I didn't expect. The lady told me that since my husband had a major case in November 2004 that he would not be eligible for parole until November 2005, which I somewhat understand. Then she told me that he probably would get a serve all to January 26, 2007! Now...should I listen to what she is telling me or should I keep praying and working on his parole packet as if he is up in September (like the parole line keeps telling me) or give up? I need some major cheering up...anyone have some good advice to keep me sane? -Cindy
Old 03-01-2005, 12:29 PM
Site Mod on Leave
Donation Award 

Keep working on it - Keep hoping. What can it hurt and it may help. I am sure he knows to keep his nose absolutely clean from now on!! Anyway, why should she even be telling you he will probably get a serveall. That's not her job!

Old 03-01-2005, 12:35 PM
2008 Club Member #8

Hey Cindy I don't have any advice on that, Matt has not had much luck with the parole board.. but I just wanted to give you and Aaron my support and I hope for ya'll sake he does come up for parole like you are hoping and that he does make it the first time around..

(((hugs)))
Michele
Old 03-01-2005, 12:36 PM
Texas Tornado
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,159 Times in 599 Posts

I would like to see how this person in classifications can make judgement calls like this. I would call the obudsmans office and see if there is any truth in this. 512-406-5795.

This lady doesnt know what the board will do for one. She may be expressing opinion though. A major case can hender a parole vote. But I don't see how it can put off a parole vote date. She had no right saying that he would get a serve all, she/he does not know how they will vote and what it will be.

He could just get a year set of due to the major case that he has.

Call the obudsmans office.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:38 PM
Account Closed

It can put off the vote until he regains his time earning/custody status. However for this woman in Time Calc to tell you that he will get a serve alll is a complete crock. Check with the ombudsmans office as mlk advised and keep working on that packet.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:43 PM
Account Closed

Don't you dare quit working on that parole packett. Do as Mo and Crack said to do but get it ready any how. Just know Cindy that you and Aaron have my support and prayers. If there is anything I can do please let me know. Love Jeanne
Old 03-01-2005, 12:49 PM
far from home

Thanks...I my hopes are slowly moving up!

I called the obudsmans office and since my husband lost a line class and is at L2 he will be eligible for parole as soon as he gets his line class back.

They also said that the serve all was that individuals opinion and that they should not have given me their opinion.

One more thing...how does he gain his line class back? Is there anything special he can do to get it back sooner than November. Cause if he gets it back before September he is eligible for parole in September.

Thanks again everyone!
Old 03-01-2005, 12:52 PM
Texas Tornado
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,159 Times in 599 Posts

When that case if over he will be reclassified and when that happens he will get his line class back. That or if he can get the case taken off of his record then it could happen sooner. Good luck to you and let us know what happens.
Account Closed

Just basically keep his nose clean and "mouth shut, head down". Encourage him to take any work and or classes he can. When is his next reclassification date, do you know?
2008 Club Member #8

I may be wrong but matt is working on getting his line class back as well and of course the unit told me that it may be a year or two before he gets is back(of course I think they are crazy) matt seems to think that in six months he could have his line class back, but he lost his back in July of 2004. and he can't get any major cases between now and then.. basically he has to stay out of trouble and they should review it every few months if I was told correctly..
Old 03-01-2005, 01:06 PM
far from home

All I know is that he got this major case on November 9, 2004...so his reclassification date is a year from that. He has been keeping his nose clean...not one case since then...he is doing everything possible now not to catch a case. He is participating in Project Rio and he has also signed up for the "Changes" class. So I think he is off to a good start. I can't tell you how much I appreciate everyone's support...I was crying my eyes out this morning...here at work!
Old 03-01-2005, 01:10 PM
Account Closed

mattsbabe they do reclassifications approximately every six months. Youngsters' it sounds like he is very much on the right track, tell him to keep up the good work! Let me know if I can help with anything, sending lots of positive thoughts your way!
Old 03-01-2005, 01:14 PM
2008 Club Member #8

Okay thanks crack sometimes I question what the tell me up there b/c the said a year or two then he would have it back, (came from the ladies in visitation)

Cindy just keep doing what ya'll are doing and you know if you ever need anything I am only a holla away..

Michele
Old 03-01-2005, 01:33 PM
far from home

Thanks Ladies!
Old 03-01-2005, 02:12 PM
Waiting for our day!

Hey Cindy...hang in there girl!!! It will all work out. I know you are overwhelmed right now, but you will be fine. I am here for ya!!!!!! Just call me if you need to!
Old 03-01-2005, 02:29 PM
"John Dee's 'lil' Wifey"

hey Cindy keep your head up girlie and don't give up working on that packet ya know I am here if ya need anything.
2012 Club Member #14!