Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Prison and Jail Specific Discussions Please use this forum to talk about Department of Correction prison units, private institutiions, city jails, county jails, etc.

Old 07-03-2018, 07:53 AM

Default BVCF (Buena Vista Correctional Facility) Tips and Things to Know

Hi all, I'm new to PTO. I am communicating with a person at Buena Vista CF and wondered if anyone here has experience in dealing with this facility in particular and some tips/best practices, as far as sending letters, calling (best services), video chat, do they have a pet adoption program, etc. I've done some research on what's acceptable to send via mail and know about the recent changes at BV (and CO in general) about greetings cards & photos. I just printed photos on my printer instead. But their website isn't terribly informative and keeps the info pretty basic.

Last edited by Acuteapathy; 07-03-2018 at 07:54 AM.. Reason: more info
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2018, 07:07 PM
Donation Award 

Hi and welcome. BVCF is sometimes frustrating to deal with. Their mail room can be fine or not so fine- depends on the day.Letters are fine and I think pictures are okay for now. If you have any issues don't hesitate to call the mail room and ask questions.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to saoirse1 For This Useful Post:
Acuteapathy (07-05-2018), maytayah (07-06-2018), Sarianna (07-04-2018)
Old 07-06-2018, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirse1 View Post
Hi and welcome. BVCF is sometimes frustrating to deal with. Their mail room can be fine or not so fine- depends on the day.Letters are fine and I think pictures are okay for now. If you have any issues don't hesitate to call the mail room and ask questions.
I definitely called the mailroom and spoke to a pretty nice officer, actually. She said that their 'standard operating process' is to add a business day for reviewing/sorting mail, but that the offenders will get their mail pretty close to standard mail schedule. Which has not proven to be true, unfortunately. Ugh, it's just such a pain in the ass.
Old 07-06-2018, 08:01 PM
Donation Award 

It is a pain And they are not great to deal with.