Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > Discounts & Frugality
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2018, 02:22 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 19,253 Times in 6,911 Posts
Default Need Free Printable Budget Sheet

Hi all! I know we have some financial wiz kids on here so thought I'd pick your brains for the best free, printable, budget worksheets out there.

This is for my me and my mother to have "the" sit-down where I start to help make major decisions about finances. I've never had complicated finances-- one source of income, pretty steady number of creditors/bills to pay. They have all the usual retirement accounts and squirrel nesty things I've never heard of. I need a visual because just telling me what's coming in, what's going out and what's in reserve leaves me with glazed eyes and a strong desire to drink.

So lay it on me...best website for printable budget sheets for more than a single source of income? Links appreciated.

And yes, we have POAs set up for both parents that have a multi-tier chain of responsibility, just in case you were thinking it. This is just about deciding which accounts to close and pay off debts in order to maximize their money. Mom has a lot of anxiety around it, I don't so we've decided to combine forces.

Last edited by miamac; 07-31-2018 at 02:24 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2018, 03:13 PM

I use Microsoft Excel for my budget. I lay it out month by month and put in all my normal bills and also put in any extra expenses that I know is coming up. It works pretty well for me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twinkle82 For This Useful Post:
miamac (07-31-2018), Sarianna (08-01-2018)
Old 07-31-2018, 04:10 PM

Thanked 2,667 Times in 1,257 Posts

I use excel as well and made my own. When I get home I can copy it and take out my information.

The Following User Says Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
miamac (07-31-2018)
Old 07-31-2018, 06:17 PM

Do you use Google drive?

Old 07-31-2018, 06:31 PM

Thanked 3,430 Times in 1,086 Posts

Another vote for excel. I’ve never found a prefabricated budget template or spreadsheet that did what I wanted it to do.
Old 07-31-2018, 07:47 PM

Thanked 11,058 Times in 5,991 Posts

Yet another vote for Excel

Since most expenses are the same month over month in terms of WHO is getting paid, it becomes easier to update once it is created.

I use columns for minimum and balance and augment with due date (and statement close date). Then I record the date and how paid with the actual amount going in a final column.

Sums are run for the minimum, total and the amounts paid.

I also make notes from time to time for things like special payments or changes in credit card terms (or when a promo expires if I had a 0% offer I took advantage of).

With 33 different line-item entries, it comes in handy
Old 07-31-2018, 07:49 PM

One thing to consider is when your parents get their check. If they get paid monthly, their set up may be tad bit different.

Old 07-31-2018, 08:08 PM

Thanked 5,952 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
Hi all! I know we have some financial wiz kids on here so thought I'd pick your brains for the best free, printable, budget worksheets out there.

This is for my me and my mother to have "the" sit-down where I start to help make major decisions about finances. I've never had complicated finances-- one source of income, pretty steady number of creditors/bills to pay. They have all the usual retirement accounts and squirrel nesty things I've never heard of. I need a visual because just telling me what's coming in, what's going out and what's in reserve leaves me with glazed eyes and a strong desire to drink.

So lay it on me...best website for printable budget sheets for more than a single source of income? Links appreciated.

And yes, we have POAs set up for both parents that have a multi-tier chain of responsibility, just in case you were thinking it. This is just about deciding which accounts to close and pay off debts in order to maximize their money. Mom has a lot of anxiety around it, I don't so we've decided to combine forces.
You might want to see if you can go to a financial planning seminar for seniors. I know in Florida about 15 years ago I went to one with my Mother, it was very informative. At the time I thought why are we doing this but it has helped me over the years on quite a few things. My mother wanted to go because she really was bad about understanding anything with numbers. She actually did very well investing after she went to the seminar. Setting up a budget is great but if you don't understand the basics of financial planning then a budget won't help make it clear. Don't get me wrong because I'm not good at any of this but I don't have any money to worry about either. But then again 15 years ago I didn't think I'd ever have to deal with any of this sort of thing. Good luck with this I totally get the eye's glazing over thing!!!