Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Information relating to the Colorado Department of Corrections. This includes info about Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail.

Old 10-04-2005, 08:41 PM

Exclamation Department of Prisons changing to jpay or western union for trust fund deposits

Hello all! im writing this to ask if anyone else is upset that doc is change from post office money orders to electronic deposits jpay and western union. i do admit it is a faster way to get inmates money, but the cost of doing so is crazy. its a big change from .90 to almost $5. is it just me or am i being a baby about all this? i would like to know what all of you think. also i know this is going to start in november, if anyone has tried this please do let me know which one is cheeper. thanks
Old 10-05-2005, 01:19 AM
FREE TO BE ME

I use western union to send my man money, though the fee is kind of steep I don't mind. It posts to his account within 15 minutes.

Lenin
Old 10-05-2005, 09:40 AM
Movin forward
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,379 Posts

I used Jpay the other week.. definitely cheaper and according to Mr. Diaz (CO Controller) the fee is suppose to drop $1.00 the first of November. I paid $3.95 to send $20.00 .. I think for $20.01 to $100.00 the fee is $6.95. There is a post below about this same subject (DOC no longer accepting paper money orders) and I posted contact information for Mr. Diaz... I've e-mailed him my feelings but as one person I'm sure it meant nothing to him.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:07 PM

Myself, I think there is a problem with it. I don't mind that others charge more for the service, but, I think that if they are getting a cut of the high-end and then taking out the 20% at the receiving end, that it's total crap. It's not like they aren't paying enough for restitution, their own needs (okay, only some of their needs), but I'm the one that's getting screwed. I prefer the Post Office anyway, I like not having to rely on electronic transfers. Work with computers and Internet services enough to know, not as safe as they make it seem!
Old 10-15-2005, 08:57 AM

Please come if you are able to the more voices they more we might get it changed....DOC/CURE meeting will be thursday, november 10 at 1 pm to 3:30 pm at the Denver Woman's Correctiopnal Facility which is located at Smith Road and Havana ( just south of the denver county jail...Thank you
DOC will answer all of your questions concerning the money order issues.