Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Self Surrendering Information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Self Surrendering Information Information about Federal Prisons and Self-Surrendering to the BOP.

Old 12-08-2008, 11:45 AM

So just out of curiosity, do all inmates process in Oklahoma City? My husband is due to be transported to processing any day now. ( He thinks today because the nurse in the holding jail gave him shots on Friday and said they were leaving today. Not sure how accurate though). He is currently in N.C. Will he go to OK regardless and then be moved back closer after he is processed?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2008, 04:39 PM

Not all get to be processed through OK. My friend never got sent over to OK when he first got processed into the system. He went to MDC Brooklyn instead then went to his final destination which is Allenwood.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:04 PM

Most do go through OK yes however if they are full or if the inmate is on a return route it maybe easier to take them to their destination instead of through OK>.. also each case is different it is difficult to say yes or no on who and why each person is transported how they are it depends on the Air marshalls and what their flights are like versus bus as many private holding institutions are opting also to start bussing inmates to a destination prison..and no just because ur judge sentenced him to that prison doesnt mean he wil go there...they will try but it factors on if he has any segs./.. and the crime and their openings at that prison
Old 12-08-2008, 07:08 PM

The judge only puts down his recommendation for a certain prison. Or even a 1st and 2nd choice. But the FBOP does whatever is convient for them. Our judge had a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice and he has never been in any of those facilities. They even had openings in them. Go figure.

"For God so loved the world,
That He gave His only begotten Son
That whosever believeth in Him
Should not perish, But have everlasting life." John 3:16

Old 12-08-2008, 07:46 PM

Thanked 1,428 Times in 619 Posts

i went from one court to another in our state then up to wyatt detention a private place the feds contract. what a friggin hole that was. dorms weren't all that bad but the food was beyond bad and like a tablespoon of each. chicken was like a pigeon they shot outside and brought you a leg. rec was in a little concrete room. you were patted down when you left,arrived where you were going and the same on the way back. On the way there we were crammed and i mean crammed into a van with leg shackles and belly chains and everyone had a black box no matter who you were. I stayed in that hole for 2 weeks then had the bus come take us to devens. the bus was like a tour bus so at least it was semi comfortable, steel cage seperating you from the guards, sackled black box the works. got to devens in no time as the guy was practically flying on the road, which was fine by me. got to devens got processed and i was lucky I actually went straight to a unit. devens wasn't all that great, but far from bad. while i was up there they started taking in alot of SO's and were starting up some kind of a program for them up there. most of the guys i dealt with up there were pretty cool tho. i only wound up in shu once and wound up back on my old unit. same thing for my 2 hospital stays. one for 10 days one for 16 days and all the gaurds that were at the hospital with me were really cool. they had my charges and sentence and all that and were like as long as you're cool we're cool. at first they had me shackled to the bed and cuffed but then let me out of the cuffs and only kept one leg shackled to the bed so that was pretty decent of them. they let me watch whatever i wanted on the tv and when it was time to hit the hay, they cut the lights off except a small light by them and turned the tv down. All in all they were pretty civil. there were only 2 co's my whole time there that had issues towards everyone but other than them the rest of the co's were either cool or at least professional. however no matter how cool they were, i am not looking at going back by any means.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:45 PM

I spent 2 1/2 months in Del Valle, Texas, (Travis County Jail), a few days in Bastrop county jail, a week in Oklahoma City FTC, a week in USP Atlanta Georgia, and then back to county jail in Chattanooga, TN. Out of all of these places, Ok FTC had the best people, and the cleanest nicest accommodations. Its not a five star hotel, but its definitely bearable. Atlanta USP was a nightmare.. and the county jails are also pretty awful. Everyone's description of the place was very accurate.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:28 PM

I was wondering if, they still send people to OC since this was created in 08....thanks
Old 08-06-2011, 01:15 AM
Account Closed

Yes, OK is still very active.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:49 AM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,206 Times in 2,544 Posts

My LO visited OKC exactly a month ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterThedog View Post
Yes, OK is still very active.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:04 PM

Default Our experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by coping View Post
I have a question here, If an inmate is in OKlahoma Transit Center, by Con Air, when will they show up on the BOP? You said they can call home, how, when? collect? I thought their phone list had to be approved, or is that later when they get to their final destination? My son may be there tonight, don't know. I know the Marshalls took him to Memphis today, I am assuming he went Con Air to Oklahoma, but have no idea. I know he had money on the books at the county jail he was at when he left today, I assume the Marshalls have it, and it will follow him. From what I have read here, if he is in general population, it is not that bad. Right?
When my loved was designated and left Florida, he showed up on the BOP as in transit. He made a stop over in OK, just over night if I remember right, but I did not hear from him until he arrived at his destination. That is only our experience. Seems like there are no two stories the same. Hope you have heard from him and if not, soon.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:58 PM

What happens for people that have no flying restrictions?
Old 08-15-2012, 03:53 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,346 Times in 12,871 Posts

They fly con air if that is what the Marshals decide. The only possible way to avoid that would be to get a medical diagnosis that says no flying. The downside to that is the con air transport would be replaced by the diesel therapy bus trip which, as bad as con air is, would be far worse, and much longer.
The Following User Says Thank You to fbopnomore For This Useful Post:
dcrc50 (08-17-2012)
Old 08-17-2012, 08:47 AM

What is diesel therapy?
Old 08-17-2012, 12:24 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,346 Times in 12,871 Posts

Punishment that is not called punishment. You ride in a prison bus, handcuffed , usually "black boxed" and with terribly uncomfortable leg irons, until the bus stops for the day. You are then locked up in whatever prison/jail they have a contract with until the next morning, when you are again chained and put back on the bus. Repeat that for as long as it takes you to finally arrive where they are taking you. It was nasty enough that I still refuse to ever ride another bus.

I knew one guy who went from Anchorage Alaska to Arizona, 400 miles each day. The long trips are usually reserved for problem inmates, but any prison bus trip is awful.
The Following User Says Thank You to fbopnomore For This Useful Post:
dcrc50 (08-17-2012)