Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions Topics / Information relating to the Arizona Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 06-28-2019, 09:46 AM

Default Help Please

My LO is in Eyman. I am in the UK. I can send money via jpay and receive calls, however I cannot shop for him using securepak as I don't have a card registered in the US. Has anyone else had the same issue, and if so all advice would be greatly received. Peace love & harmony all.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2019, 03:16 AM
Liz

Thanked 1,635 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishmylifeaway View Post
I've used both kinds and sizes of envelopes. Over the years I've sent origami patterns printed on colored paper, no problems. Items from internet that I've sent: crosswords, sudoku and many other types of puzzles, origami. We send articles cut out of newspaper. If worried, just print something small and insignificant on the outer edge of colored paper supplies. If you concerned that he might not get everything, write on the outside of the envelope how many pages are inside. FYI, one first class stamp will cover 4 pieces of 8.5 x 11 typing paper. I type on both sides of paper. Any color ink should be fine. I also use those address labels bc i'm tired of writing my name and address. He said he gets it all. I'm experienced in writing my son. Sent him 5-6 letters every week for 7 years. Contact with friends and family is paramount.
Weight wise, you can put 5 pages of typical 20 lb paper in a basic envelope for one stamp. I also print on both sides of the paper, so my son got a lot of 10 page letters, interspersed with photos and copied articles from the internet. Printed with different colors of ink. Since they are being typed in Word, I set up a standard form that had my address at the top, his address and DOC No. and a footer that had his DOC No. on every page along with Page __ of # of pages. That way he knew he got them all. If had other things with the letter, like printed articles from the internet or puzzles or coloring pages, I mentioned it in the middle of the letter so he would know if he got it all or not.

For some reason post cards disappear. I would send him one each day from where ever I was traveling. After the first trip to visit his sister, where I sent one from every state and only half of them got to him, I started numbering them and letting him know how many total i had sent. The last trip in March, he got them all, but not in the same order I sent them. Make sure there is nothing that even looks like a map. One of those silly Rte. 66 postcards that show the highlights and is not a real map was contrabanded. Another one that had the outline of the state of California with inserted pics of the tourist things like the Golden Gate Bridge, also contrabanded. Their logic is anything with a map might be part of an escape plan.

I have also printed on different colors of stationary and sent from everything handwritten note cards that pictures on the front and are empty inside and old-fashioned stationary (the kind my grandmother used) to lined legal pads. The only thing I ever had problems with were postcards.

Like you, I used address labels, free ones that I kept getting in the mail all the time and it was never an issue. Printing envelopes is annoying so using a return address label made it easier. The rules say you can't, but I didn't have any problems at Kingman or Tucson with doing so.