Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Texas Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 04-09-2018, 08:08 PM

Default JPAY: Is there a way on jpay to see if it was received?

Does anyone know- when you send an email or whatever, is there anywhere on the site that will tell you that it was recieved?
Old 04-09-2018, 08:48 PM

Thanked 2,973 Times in 1,799 Posts

No way to tell.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvmyCandyCaneman View Post
Does anyone know- when you send an email or whatever, is there anywhere on the site that will tell you that it was recieved?
I used Jpay for a year and a half while my girl was locked up. I never had any problems at all. I'm very pleased with the service. I wrote every day, sometimes twice because it was so convenient and inexpensive. Also because your loved one really enjoys getting tons of mail. I know first hand.
The Following User Says Thank You to victorluvzamy For This Useful Post:
LuvmyCandyCaneman (04-10-2018)
Old 04-09-2018, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorluvzamy View Post
I used Jpay for a year and a half while my girl was locked up. I never had any problems at all. I'm very pleased with the service. I wrote every day, sometimes twice because it was so convenient and inexpensive. Also because your loved one really enjoys getting tons of mail. I know first hand.
Im not really *crosses fingers* anticipating problems. Just figured there might be a link or something that changed colors when the message was read. Most online messaging programs (or anything that you send from using the web) do that. Since they cant write back with it, it would just be nice to see "oh good h saw it!" O well
Old 04-10-2018, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Im not really *crosses fingers* anticipating problems. Just figured there might be a link or something that changed colors when the message was read. Most online messaging programs (or anything that you send from using the web) do that. Since they cant write back with it, it would just be nice to see "oh good h saw it!" O well

Yeah but they can write a regular letter back to you. Mail takes two days to go anywhere in Texas as big as it is, three days tops. A postal worker told me this. Basically by the time the prison processes a letter out, your looking at 3-4 days to receive it. That's assuming that you're loved one is in the same state you are.
The Following User Says Thank You to victorluvzamy For This Useful Post:
LuvmyCandyCaneman (04-10-2018)
Old 04-10-2018, 02:35 AM
TDCJ hand

Thanked 1,385 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:

They don't see the actual email on the computer screen. The unit mailroom prints them out and they are distributed to the housing areas along with regular mail.
Old 04-10-2018, 05:20 AM
Southern Fried Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 3,847 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:

It’s not a messenger thing. You’re basically just emailing the prison and the prison is printing it and giving it to your loved one.
Old 04-21-2018, 05:48 PM

In Kentucky..at least the prison my babe is in - It is at a kiosk- they read the Jpay on the screen , it saves all the letters / pictures you send and they can reply from there if you send a stamp with your message. They type, it gives them 15 minutes to read & write you back. They can also take pictures & videos of themselves to send you.
Old 04-21-2018, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallflower78me View Post
In Kentucky..at least the prison my babe is in - It is at a kiosk- they read the Jpay on the screen , it saves all the letters / pictures you send and they can reply from there if you send a stamp with your message. They type, it gives them 15 minutes to read & write you back. They can also take pictures & videos of themselves to send you.
OH! Thats so cool, jealous now! Yeah TX dont do none of that shit! But I knew that. My phone app has something called snap & send, made me think I downloaded the wrong thing cause I knew there was no way that was offered! Everytime I get a letter from him, it feels like he hasnt gotten the last 3 things I sent. I wrote him jpay email (2 of them) to tell him that I knew about him moving from Middleton pretty much as soon as it happened cause I happened to get on the website that night! A letter came today postmarked the 18th and he still was thinking that I dont knw where he is.
Old 07-17-2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
I am wanting to know same thing. Or how long it takes to get there days or mins big difference. I wish I knew
Old 07-18-2019, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielswiffy View Post
I am wanting to know same thing. Or how long it takes to get there days or mins big difference. I wish I knew

There is no way to know if it was received/ when my husband went from Huntsville to SAFP literally the day before I sent him letters Via JPay, there was no trace of them at all. Sucks! Maybe eventually they will change it so there is a way to track it, but im sure most units are ok with it not being traceable/ less they have to deal with.