Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Ohio Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 01-22-2007, 03:22 PM
Lovin' My Inmate

HELP!!! I am suppose to visit my fiance tomorrow in CRC he said his case manager said I could visit but now after reading all this I am spazzing!! How do I find out I was approved b4 I drive 2 hrs away???? And what is acceptable to wear????
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2007, 09:54 PM
Brian's soulmate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenlovesjoey
HELP!!! I am suppose to visit my fiance tomorrow in CRC he said his case manager said I could visit but now after reading all this I am spazzing!! How do I find out I was approved b4 I drive 2 hrs away???? And what is acceptable to wear????
When i went for a visit at crc....I wasnt an approved visiter yet either. I just went and they gave me some papers to fill out. Just make sure that its his visiting day and bring your id and mabey even a bill or something that proves your address. I cant remember if you acually HAVE to bring a bill but i would... just in case. You can always call them and ask what needs to be done also. That would be my suggestion anyway bc they change things so often that u just never know. You can message me if u have any questions and i will do my best to answer them for ya. Good luck hon!
Old 01-23-2007, 05:59 AM
Closed

Quote:
And what is acceptable to wear????
Wear loose fitting conservative clothing and you should be OK. No cleavage showing, no belly showing, no open toed shoes, no sleeveless shirts, no short skirts, bras should not be visible through your top, etc. I once saw a visitor almost not get to visit because of her tight fitting pants. The CO's ended up letting her visit but she had to keep her jacket tied around her waist the entire visit. On another visitor the CO's could see her bra through her light colored top so she had to wear her jacket during the entire visit.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pati
CRC is just another prison when it comes to visiting, friends, family, whatever...just have to fill out an application. they are a little slow in approving at times until they get caught again, then it speeds us.
what I need to know is what phone company do u need to accept calls? And since I am only a fiance can I get approved for a visit I visited him at Pickaway last year Thanks
Old 04-16-2007, 10:40 PM

Since it has been lessthan two years since he was last in willi have to go through all the application process again.I have read the info at drc sight, and that's what i understood.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:48 AM

Whatever your phone service may be it will work for accepting the collect calls. There is no 'special' phone company that you need to use.....

Yes, must again apply to get approved visits, t'stribe. They aren't going to pull up information from a previous incarceration. And even if they did, they'd want the info updated anyway.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:50 PM

Not sure if this has been posted, but visitation and money rules have changed for all prisons. Now anyone may send in money to an inmate...you do not have to be on the visiting list. This goes for reception inmates also.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:32 AM

Actually, my husband is at CRC. It is my understanding that they have to be on the acceptable mail / visiting list. My husband can accept money from his brother, but he had to be on a list that my husband gave to the unit manager. His brother lives out of state and has not been to visit and shown visiting documentation. It doesn't make sense to me...an inmate could put anyone on their list. I think that they do a cross check to make sure it is not comming from a gang member or another inmates family. Also, it must be in the form of a cashier check or money order and must have the senders name and address as well as the inmate's name and number.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:36 PM

I didn't have anyone on my visitor's list due to not wanting visitors. however, I received money from various family members and friends. In state, out of state and out of the country.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:04 PM

Default My Trip To CRC 06/29/2007

Well let me start off by saying I hope he's not there to much longer.. That place is awful they treat the visitors like Inmates as well.. I feel so bad when I leave my guy there and count down the visits till he's out !!

Well this last visit my belt was setting the alarm off and so I was asked by one guard to remove it ,, No problem I did but than another female guard.. Mean looking woman.. Well she than yelled at me for my red panties showing,, I told her that the other guard had me remove my belt to walk thru.. She said you want to visit today... I was about to cry Im not ust to people talking to me like that ,,she got real tone like a man and shouted at me.. Omg I said...Than we got into the visitng room and of course I'm new to all this.. Well this little old man was well dressed walked over to the vending and this must been his first time also. Cause they were filling the vending and he got yelled out and than the whole room got it to,, When the vending machines are being filled DON'T DARE WALK OVER TO THEM!!.. They have no problem making you like an ass!!! When they seat you , You always has to face the guard and his feet and body must remain on the other side of the table. You are allowed 1 hug and kiss.. When you get there and when you leave!!!!!! The phone calls Suck Cause they can only call during rec time and they can't call MON-TUES-FRIDAYS- WEDNESDAY 6:00PM-8:00pm
THURSDAY 2:00pm-4:00pm SATURDAY 6:00pm-8:00pm and SUNDAY 2:00pm-4:00pm , My guy has been there going on 3 weeks now and you don't have to married when he first got there they asked him if he wanted a SUPPORT person .. For Inmates that are not married but want thier girlfriend to visit. So now I can visit 2x a month.. But if you have questions just ask.. And it only took him 4 days to call and it was early Sunday morning.. And that was only time they let him until he got ti his pod!!
Old 07-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Prayerful Ohio Member
Donation Award 

That's aweful the way you were treated! it sounds like the CO's are getting out of hand there... Please remember that you are NOT an inmate and you have the right to speak up for yourself respectfully....Take down their names, titles and ranks...Their behavior was far from appropriate... Perfect example of "authority going to ones head!" Don't be discouraged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabbyDavis0829
Well let me start off by saying I hope he's not there to much longer.. That place is awful they treat the visitors like Inmates as well.. I feel so bad when I leave my guy there and count down the visits till he's out !!

Well this last visit my belt was setting the alarm off and so I was asked by one guard to remove it ,, No problem I did but than another female guard.. Mean looking woman.. Well she than yelled at me for my red panties showing,, I told her that the other guard had me remove my belt to walk thru.. She said you want to visit today... I was about to cry Im not ust to people talking to me like that ,,she got real tone like a man and shouted at me.. Omg I said...Than we got into the visitng room and of course I'm new to all this.. Well this little old man was well dressed walked over to the vending and this must been his first time also. Cause they were filling the vending and he got yelled out and than the whole room got it to,, When the vending machines are being filled DON'T DARE WALK OVER TO THEM!!.. They have no problem making you like an ass!!! When they seat you , You always has to face the guard and his feet and body must remain on the other side of the table. You are allowed 1 hug and kiss.. When you get there and when you leave!!!!!! The phone calls Suck Cause they can only call during rec time and they can't call MON-TUES-FRIDAYS- WEDNESDAY 6:00PM-8:00pm
THURSDAY 2:00pm-4:00pm SATURDAY 6:00pm-8:00pm and SUNDAY 2:00pm-4:00pm , My guy has been there going on 3 weeks now and you don't have to married when he first got there they asked him if he wanted a SUPPORT person .. For Inmates that are not married but want thier girlfriend to visit. So now I can visit 2x a month.. But if you have questions just ask.. And it only took him 4 days to call and it was early Sunday morning.. And that was only time they let him until he got ti his pod!!

"...for this too shall pass..."
Old 07-09-2007, 08:23 PM
Together Till The End

Default how long u have to be there?

Does anyone know how long a inmate has to be at CRC? or how long it takes for them to get sent to their home prision? My Bobby has been at CRC for over a month now, and he tells me in every letter that i get from him, that hes just waiting for his classifcation papers..what does that mean? he says hes just waiting to find out where hes going now, and hes been done with all this testing and stuff..what kind of test do they have to do in Crc? My fiancee is going crazy, he says CRC is getting old, there are people who have gone there AFTER him, and know where they are going already, i dont quite understand. I guess CRC is that bad, i feel bad cuz i live 2 hrs. away and when he was in county i visited him every visit, and now i havent seen my baby in over a month! Any help would be great! Thanks Ladies..im starting to love this website!

I dont want you guys to get the wrong impression of me, i may be young, but this man, i love with all my heart, im willing to be down for this man for the next 5-9 years, however long it takes to get him home! We have a 4 month old little girl, and that makes it even harder, but makes it all the best for me to hang in there, so i can have my family, together. It just gets hard sometimes, and i dont wanna go to him about it because he's taking this time harder than i am. So thats why im so gratefull for you guys!
Old 07-10-2007, 07:01 PM

Default how long you have to be there

Well my b/f is going on week 4 and he will be moved to PCI within the next week or so. They gave him his papers last week,, Hes not happy about PCI but we are down to 101 days till he's home again..
Old 07-23-2007, 09:59 AM

i have a question. My son has a pacemaker and is going to crc do they have a medical facility just for mediacl prisoners?
Old 07-25-2007, 10:00 PM

Default crc

Unfortunately, no they do not have a special medical facility. However, if he does have a medical emergency they will take him outside to a hospital. When I was there at the women's facility I knew a woman that had cancer, she was advised by officers that if she really, really, felt ill and could not get attention fast enouth she should "fall out"....collapse to the ground. The medical attention there at the facility is TERRIBLE. The medical staff answers only to Sacramento and they are the bottom of the barrel. So, tell your son to write you often and stay on top of things. If they realize he has someone on the outside that cares and will write to proper people if he does not get help it will go a long way. Good luck.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:51 AM
WVU Fan

I am lost ladies...help me out. I called CRC and they said that one person other than family (they called me a "support person"...I called me a fience)...can visit after the 8th day (visitation days are based on the last digit of the inmate number)...they said all I needed was my ID and no reservation. I can go on thurs...I hate to drive that far and them tell me something different....give me the scoop ladies!! Can this so called "support person" visit CRC?
April 2038
Old 09-05-2007, 08:44 PM
~Missin Him~

I have a question too, cuz I thought we had to bring an ID and birth certificate??? Can we only bring ID?? Lemme know pls
Old 09-05-2007, 11:05 PM
Together Till The End

If you are down on his list as his ''supportive person'' then yea you can go visit him. U just need your i.d. but if your taking children then u need a birth certificate.

Write as much as you can i would suggest!! Bobby was in CRC for 4 months, just recently got transferred to Toledo where he likes it best! He says if it wasnt for my letters he would have gone crazy!! Just a little tip! If u need to know anything else, and htis thread dont help then i can try to answer!

Last edited by xxlilmekristyxx; 09-05-2007 at 11:07 PM..
Old 09-24-2007, 07:41 PM

so from what i understand i do not need to fill out the application in advance....i can fill it out the day i go to see him as long as i provide ID and a bill with my address...is this right
Old 10-19-2007, 06:31 AM

Correcto! Yet, call them and ask just to be very sure so you'll not drive that far and then not have the documents they want to see.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:31 PM

i would like to thank everyone for their help, kudos pto

Old 12-04-2007, 06:14 AM
Banned

This is a trivial question....but is there tv for the guys to watch at CRC?
Old 12-04-2007, 07:14 AM

I was thinking there could be - and I will ask Doc tonight when he calls. However, there may not be one there as they are super strict and don't let the newbies have much of anything. He may have to wait until he is processed and in his "home place" before being able to enjoy TV.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:51 PM

NOPE, no tv at CRC. Sorry about that.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:48 PM
Banned

Thanks for checking!!! Much appreciated. My son was told that by some of his fellow inmates at the jail but then, as you know, you get told a lot of things!! I told him to just keep a low profile, be quiet and do his time. This too will pass. There's an end to the story and it is going to be a good one. That's a promise.
Judy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc's Sis
NOPE, no tv at CRC. Sorry about that.

Last edited by Lost Spirit; 12-05-2007 at 04:24 PM..