Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Texas Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 08-04-2013, 01:55 PM

Angry

Do we have any more information about when radios will be at the units? Son has been waiting since April for one

Ska
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2014, 04:38 PM

Hey just wondering.. I sent an EComm on Friday the 3rd. When will that be delivered to the inmate? Clemens unit.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christina1989 View Post
Hey just wondering.. I sent an EComm on Friday the 3rd. When will that be delivered to the inmate? Clemens unit.
They are supposed to be delivered within 3 days. Mine have usually been delivered sooner than that--sometimes as soon as the next day. He's not at Clemens, so I don't know if that will make a difference.
The Following User Says Thank You to satx18 For This Useful Post:
OnlyInTexas (01-06-2014)
Old 01-06-2014, 05:48 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,121 Times in 629 Posts

Quote:
I agree. He should have it by end of day tmrw if not already. That's been my experience. Seems the only time my hub had to wait 3 days was a holiday plus a weekend combined.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:40 PM

What happens if they don't run commissary. Are ecomms specially delivered? Sorry for the questions.. my friend/pen pal forgets to answer my questions!
Old 01-06-2014, 07:49 PM

Not sure what you are asking......ecomm runs through commissary, but they get a lay-in to go to commissary and pick up an ecomm.

Last edited by satx18; 01-06-2014 at 08:17 PM..
OnlyInTexas (01-06-2014)
Old 01-08-2014, 08:01 AM

Sorry what I meant was, if they only run commissary once a week or whatever, are Ecomms delivered even if the commissary is shut for the other inmates. I know my friend said they only run it once a week or fortnight, does he just get it when commissary is open or is it given preference.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:06 AM

I think that my friend must be on a restriction or lock down.. he can only receive deposits at this time
Old 01-08-2014, 10:37 PM

Quote:
I think that my friend must be on a restriction or lock down.. he can only receive deposits at this time

I'm not sure I can answer your commissary question. At my LOs unit, they run commissary everyday, but not everyone can go everyday--it's certain blocks today, another tomorrow, etc., but it's open for some area everyday. Does that make sense? Even when it's not his building/wing/dorm's commissary time, he still gets the ecomm--he doesn't have to wait for it to come back around to his block.

If the unit is on lockdown, commissary is restricted and that means no ecomm. Also, if he's on restriction, the same thing applies. If it's saying deposits only and he's not maxed out of his allowable spend, or his account isn't locked because of exiting the site incorrectly, it sounds like it's either restriction or lockdown. If it's an incorrect exit from the site, it'll reset overnight.
OnlyInTexas (01-09-2014)
Old 01-09-2014, 02:18 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,121 Times in 629 Posts

Or it could mean that he was not in Tdc custody before the new quarter started. However since today is Jan 9, that's unlikely.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:19 PM

Thanks for your replies/help... he has been at the same prison for 10 years now so it must be locked down... because I live so far away it takes a while to hear from him, he gets my JPay everyday though.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:00 PM

Hi. I am just wondering my loved one just came off a lock down last week and I sent one ecomm before lock down. I just found out he did not get it. He said to me that the COs tell him the money is refunded back to me. This has not happened and neither has the ecomm limit reverted. Would he have gotten the ecomm after lock down?

Thanks.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:14 PM

Can't give you a specific answer on that, but the ecomm site says if it can't be delivered within 30 days, the amount will be transferred into his trust fund. I've never seen anywhere that it indicates it'll come back to you. Ecomms are supposed to be delivered with 3 business days of TDCJ getting the order, but of course, lockdowns will alter that. Maybe they are just a little backed up from lockdown, or maybe part of the unit is still on lockdown and that would keep him from getting the package, too.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:09 PM

Hi I am just trying to work something out. I was able to send am Ecomm to my friend in Clemens Unit but he is claiming he has been on a lock down for a month? I've gone back to the Ecomm website and have been able to log in every time without any issues telling mehe is restricted. Do you know anything about a lock down there? Thanks.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:47 PM

He says he's on lockdown now, and you sent it yesterday?
Old 08-06-2014, 02:12 AM

Sorry. He says he has been on lock down for the last month. I sent it straight after the new quarter started. I have been able to access the Ecomm portal this whole "lock down".
Old 08-06-2014, 07:01 PM

Just making sure I understand.......You've been able to order and your records show the order went through, but he hasn't gotten it due to lockdown? Is his available balance on ecomm reflecting a previous purchase?

Hmmm.......don't know what to suggest about that. The ecomm policy says if it can't be delivered within 30 days the amount goes onto their account.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:06 PM
Account Closed

Pumpkin Hunt Winner 2014 

Thanked 1,280 Times in 512 Posts

Quote:
Hi I am just trying to work something out. I was able to send am Ecomm to my friend in Clemens Unit but he is claiming he has been on a lock down for a month? I've gone back to the Ecomm website and have been able to log in every time without any issues telling mehe is restricted. Do you know anything about a lock down there? Thanks.
Anytime R's unit or one in his building is on lockdown the ability to send an Ecomm package is disabled. I don't send packages often but if I don't get a call when I'm supposed to that is the first place I check. Every time he's locked down it says "offender can only receive deposits at this time".

If you were able to send an Ecomm I doubt they were on lockdown but I don't have experience with every prison in Texas.
Old 08-07-2014, 04:37 AM

Thanks. That is exactly what I wanted to know if he was indeed on a lockdown. As I think he is having me on. Yes I've been able to access the portal and the shop all month.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:02 AM
Commissary & TF Director

Approved Advertiser 

Default **New Program** "FanDirect"

We have had numerous requests to put fans on eComm since we started the program. With fans being a registered property item, subject to purchase approval at the unit level, it was not a good fit for eComm. However, we rolled out a new program called FanDirect.

Friends and family can print an order form and mail a money order to our administrative offices and we will reach out to the unit to check an offender's property records to see if they have a fan. If they don't, we will notify the unit that the offender has a prepaid fan and to call them out to receive their fan. Here is a link to the program on our website:

https://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/divisio...e_Program.html

We set this up about a week ago and have already received some orders. Not all units are eligible due to the lack of individual power outlets and there is a list of eligible units on the website.

As with any new program, there may be some glitches and bugs initially, but this is fairly straightforward and we are hoping for the best.

Let me know if you have any questions or need anything else.

Eric
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TDCJ Commissary For This Useful Post:
dtmom2013 (09-11-2016), edjuko (09-08-2016)
Old 09-08-2016, 02:29 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDCJ Commissary View Post
We have had numerous requests to put fans on eComm since we started the program. With fans being a registered property item, subject to purchase approval at the unit level, it was not a good fit for eComm. However, we rolled out a new program called FanDirect.

Friends and family can print an order form and mail a money order to our administrative offices and we will reach out to the unit to check an offender's property records to see if they have a fan. If they don't, we will notify the unit that the offender has a prepaid fan and to call them out to receive their fan. Here is a link to the program on our website:

https://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/divisio...e_Program.html

We set this up about a week ago and have already received some orders. Not all units are eligible due to the lack of individual power outlets and there is a list of eligible units on the website.

As with any new program, there may be some glitches and bugs initially, but this is fairly straightforward and we are hoping for the best.

Let me know if you have any questions or need anything else.

Eric
Thanks, Eric, to you and other who have been so responsive to these requests. I have shared with several other groups, as well. Great news!
Old 09-08-2016, 05:36 PM

My LO already has a fan; however, just a question...if you reach out to the unit and the request is denied (maybe they already have a fan or another reason) do you return the money order? I could see this being a headache for you and I hope it's not!

Ecomm is great! Thank you for continuing to roll out programs like this!
Old 09-08-2016, 07:29 PM

Thanked 11,100 Times in 6,007 Posts

While the idea of the program is laudable, I sadly see fans as the new tool for either extortion or the payment of gambling debts. What provisions are going to be put into place to cross-check the purchaser and ensure there is some meaningful link to the offender in question?
Old 09-12-2016, 02:45 PM
Commissary & TF Director

Approved Advertiser 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTexLyn View Post
While the idea of the program is laudable, I sadly see fans as the new tool for either extortion or the payment of gambling debts. What provisions are going to be put into place to cross-check the purchaser and ensure there is some meaningful link to the offender in question?
We will maintain a database of all fan transactions. We have some very good intelligence web tools that identify potential relationship linkages that have busted up some pretty elaborate schemes. We will do what we can but we will still get beat on some - like everything else. However, I try not to have the typical knee-jerk reaction and just pull the plug on the whole thing. Like eComm, there will be some lessons learned and we will do what we can to mitigate the risks and keep the program rolling.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TDCJ Commissary For This Useful Post:
CenTexLyn (09-12-2016), edjuko (09-12-2016)
Old 09-12-2016, 02:47 PM
Commissary & TF Director

Approved Advertiser 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmh1013 View Post
My LO already has a fan; however, just a question...if you reach out to the unit and the request is denied (maybe they already have a fan or another reason) do you return the money order? I could see this being a headache for you and I hope it's not!

Ecomm is great! Thank you for continuing to roll out programs like this!
If we identify the offender as not eligible for a fan, we will simply mail the money order back to the sender. It's a headache, but I think it's worth it to get some fans out there to some guys that would otherwise not be able to get one. We have already delivered our first fan!
The Following User Says Thank You to TDCJ Commissary For This Useful Post:
edjuko (09-12-2016)