Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Menís Colony (CMC) - San Luis Obispo
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Menís Colony (CMC) - San Luis Obispo Topic and discussion specific to CMC Ė California Menís Colony Prison in San Luis Obispo, California.

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 10:35 PM

Thanked 1,722 Times in 908 Posts

I believe there is a notary he can request. To either order one or ask for power of attorney for you to order one? A parent or child can order one for him? As far as I know there isn't a way around it.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2014, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarchyHeart View Post
I believe there is a notary he can request. To either order one or ask for power of attorney for you to order one? A parent or child can order one for him? As far as I know there isn't a way around it.
Thank you ya I'll probably have to talk to him about POA but no parent or child that can get the birth certificate
Old 10-04-2014, 11:05 PM
Chocolate Drop

He will have to go see legal, and pay the notary $10.00 dollars to get it done. Then he can send the paper to you so you can mail it to Sac with a $34 dollar money order. Then it takes 6 to 8 weeks to get it back. Hope this helps. I got married today on the EAST side.
Old 10-05-2014, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holliberry View Post
He will have to go see legal, and pay the notary $10.00 dollars to get it done. Then he can send the paper to you so you can mail it to Sac with a $34 dollar money order. Then it takes 6 to 8 weeks to get it back. Hope this helps. I got married today on the EAST side.
I thought about you today. How did it go? Congratulations. !!!
Old 10-05-2014, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Ok thank you so much
Old 10-06-2014, 12:45 AM
Chocolate Drop

Quote:
I thought about you today. How did it go? Congratulations. !!!
Thank you it went very well, started with the tears a little. Rev Berrier was so nice he really made the day so special for us. We both are so happy. We are now just waiting for him to go up before the board now to see if we can get a date for his release. He has been down now for 31 years, it's time for him to come home.
The Following User Says Thank You to holliberry For This Useful Post:
AnarchyHeart (10-06-2014)
Old 10-06-2014, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Thank you it went very well, started with the tears a little. Rev Berrier was so nice he really made the day so special for us. We both are so happy. We are now just waiting for him to go up before the board now to see if we can get a date for his release. He has been down now for 31 years, it's time for him to come home.
So cool!! I have a hard time with religion even tho I was brought up with it from day one. But I thought Rev. Berrier was a true soul who brought his love of all into it. That's my perspective anyway. I'm so glad it was a good day for you. Prison weddings may be frowned upon by some but the setting should never be the meaning. Only what is what is in the hearts of the ones involved. I hope good things keep happening for the both of you. Peace!!!
Old 10-10-2014, 05:58 PM

Does somebody knows how long a warden can take with his aproval?

YOU KNOW THATS TRUE DONT LOOK FOR LOVE IT WILL FIND YOU. LOOK AT US IT FOUND US IN THE WORST PLACE I COULD BE AT. 5-2015
Old 10-11-2014, 07:57 PM

Once all the paperwork is in it's usually about a 3 month process.
Old 11-16-2014, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Once all the paperwork is in it's usually about a 3 month process.
Ok so i have another question for you. I filled out the paperwork and got all of the documentation needed so now the million dollar question where do you send it to my hubby is on west.
Old 11-16-2014, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubbornsWife88 View Post
Ok so i have another question for you. I filled out the paperwork and got all of the documentation needed so now the million dollar question where do you send it to my hubby is on west.
Crap... I forgot. I'm pretty sure I sent it straight to the marriage coordinator. It was Linda Lowman but not sure now. I sent it to the regular address but instead of putting his info I put attention marriage coordinator/Institution Deputy County Clerk. But I just pulled out my file and it says to mail everything to the counselor. I'm sorry, I really don't remember except it either went to the counselor or the marriage coordinator because we didn't wanna mess with original certificates getting sent to him.
I guess I didn't help much just now.
The Following User Says Thank You to AnarchyHeart For This Useful Post:
StubbornsWife88 (11-17-2014)
Old 11-17-2014, 12:02 AM

Ok. The more I think about it I had to send everything to the counselor who had to sign off on it before they sent it to the coordinator. When it got to the marriage coordinator there were a few things I had to send her because of a few complications we had.
The Following User Says Thank You to AnarchyHeart For This Useful Post:
StubbornsWife88 (11-17-2014)
Old 11-17-2014, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Crap... I forgot. I'm pretty sure I sent it straight to the marriage coordinator. It was Linda Lowman but not sure now. I sent it to the regular address but instead of putting his info I put attention marriage coordinator/Institution Deputy County Clerk. But I just pulled out my file and it says to mail everything to the counselor. I'm sorry, I really don't remember except it either went to the counselor or the marriage coordinator because we didn't wanna mess with original certificates getting sent to him.
I guess I didn't help much just now.
no u did I read some past threads from my 2011 that said to send it to a counselor.its ok what I am going to do is going to send it attention to his counselor because reading the paperwork it says everything has to go to his counselor one first and I'm going to send it to the institutional mailing address because with the paperwork I don't want to get it lost in the mailroom being sent to him and having it have to be forwarded to her and I know that they're probably backed up with right now because it's the holidays so I don't want to mess that up either but thank you for replying I will let you know what happens I'm getting really excited I know it takes about 3 months yay
The Following User Says Thank You to StubbornsWife88 For This Useful Post:
AnarchyHeart (11-17-2014)
Old 03-04-2015, 02:51 PM

Does anyone know how to get your husbands wedding band in there? All I keep hearing is order one out of the catalog. 😠
Old 03-17-2015, 05:07 PM
Weathering the storm

Wear it on a visit and give it to him.

Genuine friends are there to hold you down & weather the storm.
Closed Thread