Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oklahoma Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Oklahoma prison & jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 12-23-2015, 12:33 PM
Donation Award 

Default If you're having trouble with GTL

If your having trouble with GTL on the automated system here's a number to reach a live agt. 1 866 230 7761
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mssirois2u For This Useful Post:
choclgs (01-01-2016), istrueblue (12-23-2015)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2016, 07:32 AM

Hi there! I was wondering if you could give me some information about having an account with GTL. I'm new to this and I just got the app and registered my account with the OK DOC since that's where my inmate is staying.
I added a payment to the account, so what happens next? Does my inmate have to add my phone number to a list, is there any notification to him that the account is set up? Any general information about how this works would help greatly, I haven't been finding the info I need from the GTL site/FAQ. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-09-2016, 10:32 AM
Donation Award 

YES. (at least in Oklahoma) he has to add your number to his call list, and know there's no information to the inmate, you'll need to write the inmate and let him know you have done this. When he calls the call we go thru to you and so much will come off your balance per call. When it said you have a low bal. you'll have like 1 call left and at that point you can add more money so they can keep calling.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:23 AM

Thank you!! Do you know off-hand what the phone number will look like when you get a call? Is it an 800 number from GTL or is it the actual number of the prison in OK?
Old 01-11-2016, 09:22 AM
Donation Award 

No it will say Prt number or area code
for that area and number
Old 03-17-2018, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mssirois2u View Post
YES. (at least in Oklahoma) he has to add your number to his call list, and know there's no information to the inmate, you'll need to write the inmate and let him know you have done this. When he calls the call we go thru to you and so much will come off your balance per call. When it said you have a low bal. you'll have like 1 call left and at that point you can add more money so they can keep calling.

Do you know how my son can start a call list. He has money on GTL and we can not figure out how he can use it to call. This is all new to us too. A customer representative told me to have him ask at the facility. He has been there a week still no luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to ksmittle For This Useful Post:
ItsMe81 (03-17-2018)
Old 03-17-2018, 04:33 PM
AmyLynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmittle View Post
Do you know how my son can start a call list. He has money on GTL and we can not figure out how he can use it to call. This is all new to us too. A customer representative told me to have him ask at the facility. He has been there a week still no luck.
Since he's only only been there a week he should be asked shortly. In the next few days if he hasn't been he can send in a slip to speak with whom his case worker is gonna be.
Old 03-17-2018, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMe81 View Post
Since he's only only been there a week he should be asked shortly. In the next few days if he hasn't been he can send in a slip to speak with whom his case worker is gonna be.

Ok thank you that is the best answer we have received.
The Following User Says Thank You to ksmittle For This Useful Post:
ItsMe81 (03-17-2018)
Old 03-17-2018, 04:43 PM
AmyLynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmittle View Post
Ok thank you that is the best answer we have received.
Yw. Just know that once he is able to put numbers on his list it could take up to a week to get them approved but at least He's did his part. If you ever need help feel free to message me.