Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 06-03-2019, 09:49 AM

Default Chances of Parole Reinstatement??

My fiancee was on parole for DWI. He and his roommate were at my house and had a verbal argument. She claimed to the police that he hit her. The only evidence was a scratch on her neck. She recently signed an Affidavit of Non Prosecution and we are hoping the charges will be dropped. If the charges are dropped, what is the chance his parole will just be reinstated and not revoked?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2019, 02:48 PM
The Cowtown Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 5,229 Times in 1,338 Posts

The parole board is not predictable when it comes to matters like what you're talking about. They probably won't revoke him since he didn't pick up a new charge, but....theres no guarantee. He may go to ISF for a couple of months or they may let him back out on the street asap....its hard to say. If it was me I'd be expecting to go to ISF for 45-60 days. But that's me.
LifeTraveler (06-03-2019)
Old 06-03-2019, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennjoann79 View Post
My fiancee was on parole for DWI. He and his roommate were at my house and had a verbal argument. She claimed to the police that he hit her. The only evidence was a scratch on her neck. She recently signed an Affidavit of Non Prosecution and we are hoping the charges will be dropped. If the charges are dropped, what is the chance his parole will just be reinstated and not revoked?
Although you didn't state it, I take it he is also being held in the county jail on a Blue Warrant. With charges pending, he should have been offered a preliminary (probable cause) hearing by his PO shortly after his arrest. A final Revocation Hearing will be offered after the charges are taken care of in court. If dismissed in court based on an affidavit of non-prosecution, and he requests the revocation hearing, one can anticipate the complainant and/or police officer to be subpoenaed to testify. Without sufficient evidence (preponderance) at the hearing, the board will have no other option than to reinstate. If sufficient evidence is established, then ISF or Revocation is possible. Would be wise not to waive his hearing.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ump For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (06-03-2019), Guccigrl (06-03-2019), jennjoann (06-19-2019), OnlyInTexas (06-05-2019)
Old 06-03-2019, 07:48 PM
The Cowtown Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 5,229 Times in 1,338 Posts

Yes I have made the mistake of waiving a hearing before and it did not turn out well for me. There is a lot of bad jail house advice in that place
jennjoann (06-19-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 01:38 PM

Thank you all! We did find out the charges were dismissed. His parole officer has interviewed him and we are waiting on his revocation hearing date. The parole officer has stated she will subpoena the officer from the county in which the event occurred. I did verify that he has no other holds that would keep him from being reinstated. He will have already been in county jail for 4 months by the time we get his hearing. Hoping and praying they simply reinstate him. We have submitted that his parole be moved to my place of residence and I will be attending the revocation hearing.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jennjoann For This Useful Post:
dtmom2013 (07-04-2019), fbopnomore (06-19-2019), WeepingWillow (06-19-2019)
Old 07-02-2019, 03:08 PM

Default Chances of Reinstatement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
Yes I have made the mistake of waiving a hearing before and it did not turn out well for me. There is a lot of bad jail house advice in that place

Thank you! I don't guess you have any clue as to what his chances for reinstatement may be? The revocation hearing is in one week and I am so nervous. I just want him home. I will be at the hearing. Is there anything I can do or say to help his chances?