Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions Topics / Information relating to the Arizona Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 06-15-2019, 07:13 AM
far from home...

Default Visitation check in time Tucson (Santa Rita)?

Good morning!

I don't know if this has been asked, and I am unable to do a search with my cellphone... for some reason it glitches and goes wonky. So I'm sorry if this has been asked before.

Does anyone know up until what time can one check into visitation at Tucson (Santa Rita unit specifically)?

I will also try to call the facility itself, but since this forum has always been incredibly helpful, I thought I'd throw the question out there.

Thanks so much!

it's not too late to turn back home,
and we were never meant to be alone.
you know we've got each other.
it's not too late for two lost souls.
we're not the only ones to lose control.
we're in this together.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2019, 03:21 AM
Liz

Thanked 1,645 Times in 630 Posts

No one is allowed in between 10:30 and 11:30. That is when they do count. Also, they don't let anyone in after 2:30.

Those times apply to all units in Tucson, per their website and the signs I have seen while visiting.

Since you have to go through the check in process, fill out the form, metal detector and the magnetic pole (which I don't know if that pole is at all of their units or just some), allow enough time before 10:30 and 2:30 to get into the actual visitation room with enough time for them to call for your inmate. Otherwise, you could be sitting there at 10:30 and have to wait until count is finished before your inmate can get from where his it to the visitation room. Once they start count, no one can change locations until count is complete.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizlizzie2 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (06-16-2019), shallowbay (07-14-2019)
Old 07-14-2019, 04:35 PM
far from home...

Thank you so much! Your answer was very informative and helpful! I appreciate it / you immensely!

it's not too late to turn back home,
and we were never meant to be alone.
you know we've got each other.
it's not too late for two lost souls.
we're not the only ones to lose control.
we're in this together.

Old 07-14-2019, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shallowbay View Post
Thank you so much! Your answer was very informative and helpful! I appreciate it / you immensely!
The information that was just given is correct as to when you canít check in. The starting time for visitation begins at 8 am and is until 12. If you are only visiting for a 4 hour time frame you want to get there before 8am, you will be checked thru and then wait for your loved in the visitation room. You never get a full 4 hours, just an FYI! You canít arrive after 10:30 for that first 4 hour block. You would have to wait for the next block to begin which is at 12 and runs until 4pm. Hope that clarified the procedure a bit more for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lee4life For This Useful Post:
kari dunn (07-14-2019)
Old 07-15-2019, 09:40 PM
Liz

Thanked 1,645 Times in 630 Posts

I don't know about Santa Rita specifically, but Whetstone starts clearing you out so you are walking out the door at about 3:45 pm. Also, they don't open the doors until 8 am.

Some of the other places, like Kingman and Red Rock, you have to drive in and they opened the gates at 7:30 am. Kingman, they didn't make us leave until exactly 4 pm.

Essentially, those differences will depend on the prison - some of it seems to be consistent as to whether they are private or state. The most important thing is to pay attention as to when they open, when you can't get in, not only the times, but the food visit schedules and whether there will be a line - Kingman always; Whetstone only food visits (in my experiences over the past 7 years).