Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MARYLAND > Maryland Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Maryland Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Maryland.

Old 10-12-2010, 05:29 AM
Donation Award 

Smile MCI-Hagerstown

My husband is serving time at the 18601 Roxbury (MCI-Hagerstown). He calls home Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays. If you need to know anything like ... anything.. whats going on let me know. He is located in the "chicken house" is what he calls it, not the cells.

But one thing which is sad, putting in for blankets is over for now. If your love one didnt order blankets within the time period which was in the summer time, they wont be able to for some time. For the month of December, they are allow to order shoes.. so ladies if your love one needs shoes.. please send him money so he can order a new pair of shoes. Take care everyone. I am a woman who needs her husband to come soon. I am trying to be supportive as well as get support. It's hard holding it down everyday.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tender For This Useful Post:
BullShitFree (10-17-2010), Lovelyqueenb91 (01-10-2013), rock candy (01-25-2013), TnT4ever3 (10-17-2010)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2010, 08:04 PM

Why is he only calling those days? Is that something that is agreed upon mutually or is that the phone schedule there? My man calls every day at least 2-3 times a day, but he's in the annex so that may be why.

Where are you getting some of your information from because the blanket and shoe thing is not correct? I'm wondering if it's different rules for the different areas of MCI-H, because none of this applies to where my man is. Everything is on order and/or he has received it already and he did not have to have his order in by the end of the summer. Hmmm....

~Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. ~
-- Corinthians 13:7-8

Old 10-12-2010, 10:22 PM

my hubby is his neighbor. RCI 18701 Roxbury Road.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:57 AM
Donation Award 

Interesting.. the phone things is what we agreed upon. But what is interesting is the blanket ordeal. My husband is in the annex side the same side is your man. I am glad you said something! Can you order shoes and blankets and anything you want when ever you want them???? Ask him if you get a chance PLEASE. My husband could be lying to me I dont know why but hmmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagirl22 View Post
Why is he only calling those days? Is that something that is agreed upon mutually or is that the phone schedule there? My man calls every day at least 2-3 times a day, but he's in the annex so that may be why.

Where are you getting some of your information from because the blanket and shoe thing is not correct? I'm wondering if it's different rules for the different areas of MCI-H, because none of this applies to where my man is. Everything is on order and/or he has received it already and he did not have to have his order in by the end of the summer. Hmmm....
Old 10-15-2010, 06:13 PM
It's us against the world

My Husband is at MCIH, and they are not allowed to order and buy blankets... and there is a time limited when they can order things. and about the phone calls my husband calls me 3/4 times a day. when they are in the dorms they can used the phone any time they want
Old 10-16-2010, 03:37 PM
Donation Award 

I cant afford for him to call me everyday, but the blanket and supplies thing. I am glad you cleared that up. I was starting to wonder.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:25 PM

The blanket thing is not correct, at least where my man is. They have and are continuing to order blankets as we speak. I re-verified with him and he hasn't heard anything about not being able to order stuff, including blankets. They were even given a JCPenney catalogs to order their blankets from. It has to stay within the guidelines, such as color and size, but they are allowed to order them. They do have certain times that they can do it, for some stuff, but not all. I'm starting to think that it's different guidelines depending where in MCI-H they are at (i.e. tiers, dorms, annex, etc.). But the bottom line is I hope your man is able to get a blanket no matter where he can get it, because it's going to be a cold winter. Good luck!

~Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. ~
-- Corinthians 13:7-8

Old 10-17-2010, 07:48 PM

Hello Ladies ...
my guy friend is in MCI-H and you guys are speaking on blankets and shoes what is all this ?
my guy ask for money but neva spoke on non of this ..
can you guys tell me more about what they can have ... and yea my phone calls are only on fri and sat SAD and calls are very exspensive which im not mad about them calls
but ive sent 3 letters and he hasnt recieve anything .. im sending a money order thursday and try to see him for the 1st time in a month .. dont know how to get to MCI-H need transportation
can one of you ladies tell me more about the order situation and also TV's
Thank You
Old 10-18-2010, 04:42 PM
Donation Award 

I believe it has to do with the location! So, I am fully aware of it now. Thanks everybody.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:15 PM

Thumbs up thanks for sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender View Post
My husband is serving time at the 18601 Roxbury (MCI-Hagerstown). He calls home Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays. If you need to know anything like ... anything.. whats going on let me know. He is located in the "chicken house" is what he calls it, not the cells.

But one thing which is sad, putting in for blankets is over for now. If your love one didnt order blankets within the time period which was in the summer time, they wont be able to for some time. For the month of December, they are allow to order shoes.. so ladies if your love one needs shoes.. please send him money so he can order a new pair of shoes. Take care everyone. I am a woman who needs her husband to come soon. I am trying to be supportive as well as get support. It's hard holding it down everyday.
My husband is also in MCIH.. A2-31 area. Not sure about the chicken coops i will have to ask him.. he is 56 and waiting to finish GED so he can get into the 50+ age tier less issues etc. I will have to ask him about the shoes also, he has only been there since July 2012 and has another 14 to the door, which we hope will be less time. I live in Colorado and it does make it very hard to be able to get there to visit $ but I plan on coming out there in April or May , I have been checking into the cheaper hotels nearby so i can visit, and hopefully I can get longer visits being from out of state? He is very involved with Karios there and the church and GED etc. so he stays busy. He has no one too visit him and I am the only one that he can call. Even though his daughter lives in Balt. she has refused to write, call or visit him in over a year and he has been gone 3 years. and in the time in Towson/BCDC she only went a few times in that 2 years.. so sad but her issue not mine. I would be there every day if i could. Thanks for sharing and i am new to this site.. and just finding my way around. Olie
The Following User Says Thank You to rock candy For This Useful Post:
ROSEF (04-23-2013)
Old 04-23-2013, 03:04 PM

HI Rock Candy
my son is moving to this facility soon and I like to know more about ordering shoes or blankets or anything else. What did your husband said about that? can they order anytime from a catalog? whick one? I ordered from Jack Marcus catalog but since he's being transfered we don't know if that stuff can be forward to this facility.
plus can you tell me what are the bad issues in this place and what are the good things about it?
thank you so much for your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock candy View Post
My husband is also in MCIH.. A2-31 area. Not sure about the chicken coops i will have to ask him.. he is 56 and waiting to finish GED so he can get into the 50+ age tier less issues etc. I will have to ask him about the shoes also, he has only been there since July 2012 and has another 14 to the door, which we hope will be less time. I live in Colorado and it does make it very hard to be able to get there to visit $ but I plan on coming out there in April or May , I have been checking into the cheaper hotels nearby so i can visit, and hopefully I can get longer visits being from out of state? He is very involved with Karios there and the church and GED etc. so he stays busy. He has no one too visit him and I am the only one that he can call. Even though his daughter lives in Balt. she has refused to write, call or visit him in over a year and he has been gone 3 years. and in the time in Towson/BCDC she only went a few times in that 2 years.. so sad but her issue not mine. I would be there every day if i could. Thanks for sharing and i am new to this site.. and just finding my way around. Olie
Old 02-24-2016, 10:43 AM

[quote=Tender;5714849]My husband is serving time at the 18601 Roxbury (MCI-Hagerstown). He calls home Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays. If you need to know anything like ... anything.. whats going on let me know. He is located in the "chicken house" is what he calls it, not the cells.

I was using a different name back in 2010 when my husband was put into MCIH. and had to re new acct. .. He did stay in the Chic. Huts for awhile but several mths. ago they brought in more men and put someone over his bunk.. he is 6' 6" and that is really hard to physically deal with and there were some threats from several men ... so the noise and the normal day to day racial issues became a constant problem.. and that is a normal thing in any prison. Now he has moved to another area and less issues.. Have you had problems with husband getting mail ?? and also recently phone calls are nothing but static and can't talk. ? thanks Olie