Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Health Care Facility (CHCF)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Health Care Facility (CHCF) Topics, Discussions and Information related to the California Health Care Facility

Old 05-13-2016, 02:37 PM
#lovinghimalways

That's great! I'm hoping to be calling them myself soon. Did they give you contact visits for both days?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2016, 02:40 PM
#lovinghimalways

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCoco View Post
Well i decided to take my chances on calling about visiting my man this weekend so i got a visit for sunday contact visit too. im happy finally a contact visit
Thats great!! Did they give you both days contact?
Old 05-13-2016, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veryspecial View Post
Thats great!! Did they give you both days contact?
No my man is sny and i told the lady i want contact visit she gave me sunday. But if u go on vpass it says for may 14th is contact visit so now i dont know if i should go tomorrow at 9am and see if i can get contact visit or jus go on sunday like the lady said not sure probably gonna do both n see what happens
Old 06-24-2016, 04:35 PM
#lovinghimalways

Has anyone gotten a call for this weekend to confirm their appt?? These is for the people that have loved ones at DHS. Thanks
Old 07-12-2017, 12:23 PM

Talking Chcf visiting schedule

My husband is about to be transferred to this prison. Not an SNY inmate so with that information maybe it'll be easier for your to help me with the scheduling. Am I understanding correctly, we only get one day of visiting per weekend?

I'm slow to understand so please be patient with me. Thank you, Cris
Old 09-25-2017, 11:15 AM

Hello all,
My husband has been at this facility for about 2 weeks now and I haven't heard from him. I sent paper and envelopes and called. I was told that he hasn't been cleared for visiting. I'm not sure why he was transferred there. Tried calling today for an update but the voicemail keeps picking up. I hope that they return my call. So hard to remain calm and patient when you have no clue as to what is going on. Just needed to get that off of my chest.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:17 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,513 Times in 14,374 Posts

Im sorry you have not heard from him yet.
Guessing its like reception all over again. Or what they might refer to orientation.
Hopefully you hear soon.
I dont know much about this facility, but in the prison my hub was at, it seemed like it took about 2 weeks to be thru with *orientation* (this after a 13 month stint in reception)

That's my dog's nose art

Old 10-25-2017, 11:18 AM

Arrow Almost last minute questions

I'm going to CHCF Stockton not this weekend, but the next. Flying up from San Diego, I can't really afford to make any mistakes. All my reservations are in order and I'm starting to get excited.

I have done as much research as I think possible, but have a couple more questions...

I read (on here I think somewhere) that some locations have those puffers (like at the airport) in addition to the regular x-ray. It indicated you should bring a list of medications just in case (I take quite a few)

A stupid question - no electronic devices, yeah? I just remember waits can be painfully long (I have appts via vpass, but I still hate waiting)

Bringing in money (max is $50, right? Too rich for my blood) Thinking mix of singles and change would be good, but do you just let the change run loose at the bottom of your clear plastic 6x8" bag?

Thanks everyone
Old 10-25-2017, 11:50 AM

I'm unfamiliar with CHCF Stockton, but if you check their visit website, it will clear up some of your questions perhaps. Also, you can contact the prison and ask them specific questions-they will usually give you accurate answers! lol Pretty sure NO electronics allowed-think that's across the board. Hope you have a fantastic first visit!! Keep us posted with how it goes! : )
Old 10-25-2017, 02:34 PM

Thanked 1,244 Times in 517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLilOlMe1012 View Post
I'm going to CHCF Stockton not this weekend, but the next. Flying up from San Diego, I can't really afford to make any mistakes. All my reservations are in order and I'm starting to get excited.

I have done as much research as I think possible, but have a couple more questions...

I read (on here I think somewhere) that some locations have those puffers (like at the airport) in addition to the regular x-ray. It indicated you should bring a list of medications just in case (I take quite a few)

A stupid question - no electronic devices, yeah? I just remember waits can be painfully long (I have appts via vpass, but I still hate waiting)

Bringing in money (max is $50, right? Too rich for my blood) Thinking mix of singles and change would be good, but do you just let the change run loose at the bottom of your clear plastic 6x8" bag?

Thanks everyone
Many California visiting centers are poorly run which does create long waits. CHCF is an exception. They process efficiently compared to many other CDCR prisons. Waits are not painful or long.

Dollar bills are OK to bring in. They have a change machine that will take up to $20 bills into dollar coins.

You will find the visiting room cleaner, newer than most and rarely at capacity. At least I've never seen it full. Grounds are nice also. Bit of a walk from processing to visiting room. They have a shuttle if you need it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gvalliant For This Useful Post:
JustLilOlMe1012 (10-31-2017), miamac (10-25-2017)
Old 11-02-2017, 06:18 PM

Default CHCF - Can I wear my watch? Going this weekend

I'm visiting an old friend at CHCF this weekend. I have looked and looked through a lot of stuff here (such a great resource) but I cant seem to determine if I can wear my watch
Old 11-17-2017, 09:53 PM

Default My first visit to CHCF

From what it sounds and looked like the "Dress Code" is what everyone has been saying here and in the visitor guide... I was able to wear my watch (was a fitbit) inside.

Somehow, though, I managed to pack a forest green and a royal blue shirt to wear, I was so busy to get my stuff together & get packed for my trip, those were in my 'maybe' outfits and I went with the green... My bad. The guards were pretty easy on me b/c they knew I was there the day before and was new.

But, a dress code is a dress code, so I had to hoove it on over to the Visitor Center and trade my sweater in for a black t-shirt (which looked just lovely with my black skirt, but that's ok. Got to see P and that's all that matters.

Thx everyone