Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Wasco State Prison (WSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wasco State Prison (WSP) - California Topics & Discussions specific to Wasco State Prison located in Wasco, California.

Old 10-09-2018, 05:52 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvalliant View Post
Cellmate and the whole yard will be at the same level, therefore in the same range. Points go something like:

0-19 points is level 1
20 to 35 points is level 2
36 to 60 is level 3
Above 60 is level 4

I might be off a little. But it is in that general range. He sounds level 2. His cellmate and the yard will be level 2 inmates, anything from approximately 20 to 35 points.

With a good record, he can lose about 8 points per year. He should be well down into the 20's at his first annual.

Actually I think he pulled 38 points total, but he's going to ask for a review in 6 months (he heard that you can do that), so he should be at Level 2 shortly, but then that might mean that he doesn't stay at Wasco, unless they have a Level 2 yard. However, thanks for the info.
The Following User Says Thank You to Halo527 For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (10-09-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2018, 08:28 PM

Thanked 1,242 Times in 516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo527 View Post
Actually I think he pulled 38 points total, but he's going to ask for a review in 6 months (he heard that you can do that), so he should be at Level 2 shortly, but then that might mean that he doesn't stay at Wasco, unless they have a Level 2 yard. However, thanks for the info.
So he is a low 3.

Yes he can request a 6 month review. CDCR doesn't always comply with those requests. Maybe, but don't hold your breath.

You are right, in 6 months he will lose enough points to be a 2. Wasco has a 1 and 3 yard, but does not have a 2 yard. Once re-classified a 2 he "should" be moved to another prison. If he and you want him to move for some reason, push for the review. If you want him to stay for the year, hold off. At his annual they will deal with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to gvalliant For This Useful Post:
Halo527 (10-09-2018)
Old 10-09-2018, 10:07 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
So he is a low 3.

Yes he can request a 6 month review. CDCR doesn't always comply with those requests. Maybe, but don't hold your breath.

You are right, in 6 months he will lose enough points to be a 2. Wasco has a 1 and 3 yard, but does not have a 2 yard. Once re-classified a 2 he "should" be moved to another prison. If he and you want him to move for some reason, push for the review. If you want him to stay for the year, hold off. At his annual they will deal with it.
I think he wants to go to fire camp but I don't think he will be eligible until he gets to 10 years, at least that's what I read. But in the interim, he can get his college handled and maybe some vocational training. He passed the GED, which I was pleased about, and he earned 3 months off.

Thanks for all the info!
Old 10-10-2018, 02:36 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,542 Times in 1,599 Posts

Quote:
Wasco has a 1 and 3 yard, but does not have a 2 yard. Once re-classified a 2 he "should" be moved to another prison.
Just FYI: my LO is classified level 2 and they mainlined him to the 1 yard (called the M-yard) at Wasco. I can check his points when he calls later on today, maybe it makes a difference (or maybe not, ya never know with CDCR )

Halo; my LO is in several classes and is planning on college courses next semester. So at least it does seem WSP has good programming

Old 10-10-2018, 09:09 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarianna View Post
Just FYI: my LO is classified level 2 and they mainlined him to the 1 yard (called the M-yard) at Wasco. I can check his points when he calls later on today, maybe it makes a difference (or maybe not, ya never know with CDCR )

Halo; my LO is in several classes and is planning on college courses next semester. So at least it does seem WSP has good programming

Thanks Sarianna, so happy to hear that!
Sarianna (10-10-2018)
Old 10-10-2018, 11:15 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Spoke with my guy and he told me his points are just a bit over 20 so he's a low 2 - he said sometimes they can "override" the classification though, meaning if the inmate does not have sex offences or serious disciplinary issues on his record, they may put him on a yard that's a lower level.

Old 10-18-2018, 11:37 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarianna View Post
Spoke with my guy and he told me his points are just a bit over 20 so he's a low 2 - he said sometimes they can "override" the classification though, meaning if the inmate does not have sex offences or serious disciplinary issues on his record, they may put him on a yard that's a lower level.

Thank you for checking for me. My son was just moved to A Yard and he's now in the two week "observation" period. He's very close to Level 2 and didn't hurt anyone, plus has a good record of behavior, so we think it's possible, but I guess we'll know for sure very shortly.
Sarianna (10-19-2018)
Old 10-19-2018, 10:10 AM

Thanked 1,242 Times in 516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo527 View Post
I think he wants to go to fire camp but I don't think he will be eligible until he gets to 10 years, at least that's what I read. But in the interim, he can get his college handled and maybe some vocational training. He passed the GED, which I was pleased about, and he earned 3 months off.

Thanks for all the info!
On that point of firecamp. He will be able to get down to level 1 points much sooner than 10 years. He is convicted of Violent Offense, but on his CDCR file they have a VO determination - or not. If his file currently says VO, that can go away.

Point being both should happen long before 10 years putting him in a position for firecamp eligibility. Time for when they might consider for firecamp is fluid now. Sooner the better, I'm sure you are aware that, due to prop 57, once a VO gets to firecamp they change from being on 80% time to 50% time. That's a hell of a benefit.
The Following User Says Thank You to gvalliant For This Useful Post:
Halo527 (10-20-2018)
Old 10-19-2018, 10:26 AM
Love my hubby david💙

Does anyone know about any fights happening in the reception center I read on line that a fight had broke out and There was a couple of people seriously hurt �� and I’m beyond worried because my husband has been there for 4 months I been having contact with him but for the past 2 weeks I haven’t heard anything about him and I’m so worried �� is there anyway I can call and get info besides writing him. I’ve sent him letters but hasn’t replied back thanks in advance.
Old 10-19-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand87 View Post
Does anyone know about any fights happening in the reception center I read on line that a fight had broke out and There was a couple of people seriously hurt and Iím beyond worried because my husband has been there for 4 months I been having contact with him but for the past 2 weeks I havenít heard anything about him and Iím so worried is there anyway I can call and get info besides writing him. Iíve sent him letters but hasnít replied back thanks in advance.
You SHOULD be able to call the ombudsman at the prison and at least find out if he was or wasn't involved in said fight? (I think) Dont quote me on that because I've never personally had to call an ombudsman for anything -(knock on wood)- but ive always been under the impression that. Would be the route to take if i was too worried about something with my hubby. Hope that helps
The Following User Says Thank You to JessesGirl2022 For This Useful Post:
Sand87 (10-19-2018)
Old 10-19-2018, 03:36 PM
Love my hubby david💙

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessesGirl2022 View Post
You SHOULD be able to call the ombudsman at the prison and at least find out if he was or wasn't involved in said fight? (I think) Dont quote me on that because I've never personally had to call an ombudsman for anything -(knock on wood)- but ive always been under the impression that. Would be the route to take if i was too worried about something with my hubby. Hope that helps
Thanks and sorry but whatís ombudsman?
Old 10-19-2018, 04:15 PM

Its a person that works at the prison- theres one at every prison- but they're who you'd call if you have concerns about a loved one that's in the prison or if you have some sort of "issue", i guess, with something thats going on there or specifically WITH your loved one- you know what i mean?
(Lol im sorry im bad with descriptions of ANY sort - but if you go to the CDCR website and go to the "Ombudsman Home" link thats on there itll explain im sure WAY better than i just did )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand87 View Post
Thanks and sorry but whatís ombudsman?
The Following User Says Thank You to JessesGirl2022 For This Useful Post:
Sand87 (10-19-2018)
Old 10-19-2018, 06:58 PM
Love my hubby david💙

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessesGirl2022 View Post
Its a person that works at the prison- theres one at every prison- but they're who you'd call if you have concerns about a loved one that's in the prison or if you have some sort of "issue", i guess, with something thats going on there or specifically WITH your loved one- you know what i mean?
(Lol im sorry im bad with descriptions of ANY sort - but if you go to the CDCR website and go to the "Ombudsman Home" link thats on there itll explain im sure WAY better than i just did )
Thanks so much for the info
Old 10-22-2018, 03:55 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Please find information about Ombudsmen and their responsibilities HERE as explained on the CDCR webpage - there are seven Ombudsmen at CDCR and they are all based in Sacramento; each has a few facilities assigned for them -- so they are not physically on location at the prisons.

This is just my personal opinion but: I would not get the Ombudsman involved with an issue such as yours -- your loved one is in the reception and it is not that unusual to not hear from them whilst in reception. They have one phone call a month and unfortunately the mail is notoriously random at WSP.

If you feel you must speak with someone I would ask to speak with your loved one's counselor - Wasco provides that information easily; I had to call once and they gave me the name of the counselor and transferred my call to his extension. I don't remember now which option I chose when I first dialled the main number but it could've been "Inmate services" - either way, you will speak to a live person after you choose the dept. Not sure how much a counselor will be able to reveal about possible fights, but at least he should be able to tell you whether your loved one is okay (I am sure he is).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
Sand87 (10-22-2018), sidewalker (10-22-2018)
Old 10-22-2018, 11:47 AM
Love my hubby david💙

Thanks for the info but got to visit my hubby this past weekend and everything is ok with him thanks again
The Following User Says Thank You to Sand87 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (10-23-2018)