Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ALABAMA > Alabama Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Alabama Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Alabama Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 12-18-2017, 08:34 PM

Default From county to Kilby- what next? Phones, money, visits, mail?

So my husband was just transferred from county to Kilby today. What now? How long will it be before he can call, receive mail, etc? What do I need to do? I've never had anyone in prison before and I'm completely clueless as to how everything works. He's only doing 45 days so will he stay there or get transferred out? Also what about the money on his trust and phone in county, does that transfer with them or what do I need to do about that?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2018, 10:06 PM
vamom

Default Depends

Quote:
Originally Posted by concernedwife_8 View Post
So my husband was just transferred from county to Kilby today. What now? How long will it be before he can call, receive mail, etc? What do I need to do? I've never had anyone in prison before and I'm completely clueless as to how everything works. He's only doing 45 days so will he stay there or get transferred out? Also what about the money on his trust and phone in county, does that transfer with them or what do I need to do about that?
He probably will be transferred after an assessment. Money follows but you may want to check if there is money on the phone. He can receive mail. It is illegal to hold mail, but you are in Alabama so laws are ignored all the time.