Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NORTH CAROLINA > North Carolina General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

North Carolina General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in North Carolina that do not fit into any other North Carolina sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 11-14-2006, 11:11 PM
~souls entwined~

Default He was awarded Mapp and they have not upgraded him

My guy was awarded MAPP and on October 4, 2006, he signed the agreement. In the contract is stated that he would be moved to minimum security October 2006. Here it is the middle of November and they still have not upgraded him. Is there anyway I can find out what the deal is?

Thanks for any help you might offer us.

Last edited by ©Pattie; 11-14-2006 at 11:12 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2006, 08:23 AM
getting close!

Good luck with that. A little hint: if anything involves paperwork, expect it to take 2-3 times longer than necessary. My man went up for review to Min1 on August 1, and didn't move until September 15. I know that's not encouraging to you, but I'm sure they are slowly but surely working on it. Does he know who will ultimately make the decision? If he sees him/her milling about, just ask. I think that's why my man finally got moved. He asked that guy once a day about the status of things!
Old 11-15-2006, 12:58 PM
Making US stronger!!
Donation Award 

Right now prisons in NC are FLOODED so to say - there are very FEW open beds in ANY facility. They can not and will not move any inmate to a facility until a bed opens up! For that to happen someone has to be released or sent to another facility. With the "mandatory minium" law in affect its hard to get any open space period! Everyone is stuck - no one is moving - and its crowded. They try NOT to make it so crowded where inmates are sleeping on the floor, due the fact they could face charges themselves. So its slow - but eventually HE WILL MOVE!!!!! Just got to remember its a REAL SLOW PROCESS!!!!

Kelly
Old 11-19-2006, 08:27 AM
~souls entwined~

Thanks for the information ladies. I knew that it would take a while but I was expecting a couple of weeks. Mel, I will pass on your suggestion. It can't hurt anything.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:47 PM
getting close!

*LMAO* I know you expected a couple of weeks. Here's why it takes so long: It sits on someone's desk. No kidding. Like I said, my man asked the guy who would ultimately make the decision incessantly. One day, the guy actually had the nerve to say "Its sitting on my desk. You'll know soon." I'm like, if its sitting on his desk, and he read enough of it to know what it was, he couldn't have taken the 3.2 seconds required to SIGN IT???? Its not like he hadn't thought about it because he'd already told my man as long as it made it up the ladder to him without a no, he was a go. He said it took so long because he was "researching" my man's last bid first. SUUUUUUUUUUUURE! Don't get discouraged. Its hard waiting, but it'll happen soon enough.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:54 AM
~souls entwined~

You know, this whole thing makes me angry! Here they treat our loved ones like they are subhuman and when they finally have the opportunity for an upgrade the "officials" lord over them. I wish for once the tables could be turned.......sorry for blowing (
Old 11-21-2006, 03:02 PM
getting close!

I know. I know. And they LOVE that, too. Even if they're cool, they're a@@es! Like this guy finally signed off on it, and made it like he did my man a personal favor. Ummm, NO! He hasn't been in trouble, he's been working, he's follwing the rules. YOU don't get credit for that, HE does!
Old 11-21-2006, 07:06 PM

Mel-you preach it girl! When Tim met with his "Programmer" (and I use that term loosely) she told him he had an out date of 7/4/07. He asked her what he needed to do to get some merit days and she said "Be creative, I'm sure you'll figure it out"..THANKS, Budddeee! Your the best!
Old 11-22-2006, 08:07 AM
getting close!

Will she stand up for him if they give a write-up for being creative???? You know they will, too. This programmer was on the ball. We lost 2 days in the transfer (still figuring that one out, but whatever) so he did the same thing. He got to fix some bad plumbing for 2 days. I told him, baby fix whatever they got that's broke 'cause you know about every damn thing is. Maybe you can come home next week! *LMAO*
Old 11-22-2006, 08:13 PM

This camp that he is in now is the strangest thing I've ever seen...nobody works, nobody does NOTHING....I mean, EXCUSE ME, you put 200 BORED felons in a fence and don't do anything to keep them busy and occupy their time and voila!!! Next thing you know they are ALL in the hole! I give up....
Old 11-23-2006, 10:23 AM
getting close!

I often wonder which brainiac is behind this system. It can't be someone with more than one working brain cell. RIDICULOUS!!!!
Old 11-23-2006, 09:40 PM

Ain't that the truth...obviously whoever is behind it is not a female or a mother...haha
Anyone who has raised a child for more than 2 minutes knows that men are exactly the same...gotta keep them busy and occupied or they will do something STOOPID...
It really shouldn't surprise me that Tim got a write up, I saw the writing on the wall a couple of weeks ago, I could hear his frustrations with where he is getting worse and worse every day....just a matter of time...I guess I am just lucky it wasn't a worse charge!
Old 11-24-2006, 10:23 AM
getting close!

YUP! Even my man said that. I mentioned something about kids and all that a while back and he was like "Baby, what do you think I deal with all day?" *LOL* Its not the same, but VERY similar. DUH!