Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TENNESSEE > Tennessee Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Tennessee Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Tennessee Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 11-04-2009, 09:42 AM

Default Morgan county Correctional Complex Phone calls - how to set up to receive calls?

I'm trying to find out if who the phone service is through for calls coming from Morgan County Correction Complex in Wartburg, TN. my husband is there and is trying to call me and i need to set the phone up w/the prepaid acct. but don't know who its through if someone could help me i'd appreciate it greatly. His mother just passed away 2 weeks ago (ad he's been incarcerated) and there is A LOT of legal things we need to discuss and handle. Does anyone know who its through, and if i can do it online w/a debit card??
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2009, 10:13 AM

you can call the jail and they can give you the number to call them with. thats what i had to do with Michael and Michael is thru some unknown company lol
Old 11-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonsFess View Post
I'm trying to find out if who the phone service is through for calls coming from Morgan County Correction Complex in Wartburg, TN. my husband is there and is trying to call me and i need to set the phone up w/the prepaid acct. but don't know who its through if someone could help me i'd appreciate it greatly. His mother just passed away 2 weeks ago (ad he's been incarcerated) and there is A LOT of legal things we need to discuss and handle. Does anyone know who its through, and if i can do it online w/a debit card??
TN State Prisons use GlobalTel Link To set up Advance Pay - 1.800.483.8314 you can send via Western Union money to his phone account (for some reason the calls are a bit cheaper this way): pay to- Global Tel Link, City Code- TNDOC-AL, Account number his name and TDOC # this costs 10.95 and all of the money you send is on his account whereas if you prepay on YOUR end they take part of the money for BS fees. If it is long distance the cheapest way I have found is to use MagicJack and get a number close to his prison - no monthly fees and you have a landline via your computer.
CCA's in Tn (Private prisons use global tel, evercom and cbs -- depending on which one he is at).
Old 01-09-2010, 06:05 PM

Go though correctional billing services you can use western union.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:56 AM

notherwife2 is correct about the gtl prepaid phone accounts but you can also use a debit or credit card over the phone when your account is empty when he calls i found that out this weekend. or like she said above go to western union or mail in a money order. you can also go purpase a money pak card and go to gtl.net and put money on the phone account from online its cheaper than western union
Old 09-24-2010, 03:19 PM

Hey all out there.. I am trying to do the majic jack setup and having problems. It seems my husband cannot connect to me. I am in GA and got a TN number. He is at Morgan county. Any suggestions or help would be so much appreciated... It costs way to much from GA to TN. Thanks..
Old 10-15-2010, 10:23 PM

I heard they gave the Majic Jack lines over to other phone companies. ???? I know someone by the prison who used to get calls and now she can't. Nor can she call a town close by, but can call other states. I thought MCCX or GTL took the MJ #s off. But guess not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshot View Post
Hey all out there.. I am trying to do the majic jack setup and having problems. It seems my husband cannot connect to me. I am in GA and got a TN number. He is at Morgan county. Any suggestions or help would be so much appreciated... It costs way to much from GA to TN. Thanks..