Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Florida should be posted here.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:43 PM
**In Luv Wit Dat Babii**

Post Need information for bridges program

Im not sure if thats what it is but I need information for any programs that my man can qualify for..he has 2 years left and I want to call the classification officer but im not sure what to ask???..can anybody please help me if you know of any programs besides work release...

Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2011, 10:15 AM
Waiting for Mike

Thanked 1,304 Times in 978 Posts

The only programs offered are transition programs and work release programs. With 2 years still to go he's unlikely to get into any of those now - they typically don't send the guys until they are 12-15 months from release at the most. But it can't hurt to talk to his classification officer about what the possibilities are and if there are any barriers in the way of him going to a program, and make them aware that is what he would like to do (not everyone wants to do that).

Key questions for you, him & the CO:

What is his custody level and when will he be eligible for an adjustment? (He has to be community custody to qualify for work release and transition programs at centers like the Bridges ones).

Is there anything that would keep him out of those programs? (For instance - Certain offenses require completing substance abuse treatment with DOC prior to work release. Certain offenses do not qualify for WR at all. Anyone with an active restraining order cannot do WR, etc.)

Does he understand and accept the responsibility that WR involves? (Work release has a lot of rules and a lot of freedom and it is really easy to screw up. Some of the guys that my husband has talked to actually do not want to do it for that reason - they see it as a problem just waiting to happen because they know they'd never make it without screwing up. They would rather just wait out their time where they are.)

The Following User Says Thank You to NAN425 For This Useful Post:
JuJuWife (12-07-2011)
Old 11-30-2011, 07:40 PM

For transition at Bridges it is 23-28 months from your release date.. so if he is 2 years away.. by the time they approve him, he won't have enough time left to go into the program... so they will say... that is what happened to my son. He had to end up waiting for the actual work release... you can have him try.. but you have to have more... My son had like 22 months to go when they started the paperwork, by the time it was said and done.. they claimed he didn't have enough time left.. he started the paperwork in April of 2010 and it was completed in June of 2010..

Inmates with non-advanceable dates must be within:

28 months of their earliest tentative release date for the community-based residential transition program (pre-work release)
19 months of their tentative release date or presumptive parole release date for center work assignment and community-based residential substance abuse program; or
14 months of their earliest tentative release date for work release

Inmates without non-advanceable dates must be within:

36 months of their earliest tentative release date for the community-based residential transition program (pre-work release)
28 months of their tentative release date for center work assignment and community-based residential substance abuse program; or
19 months of their tentative release date for work release

Last edited by amickeyfan; 11-30-2011 at 07:42 PM..
Old 12-07-2011, 08:17 PM
**In Luv Wit Dat Babii**

Well I called the classification officer and she told me that he had 31 months left and ddnt qualify for the bridges program due to the fact that he wasnt mandated by the DOC as having a substance abuse problem..I really dont know what else to do..he is still at minimum 1 and he goes for review in Feb...the officer told me he needs to be within 19 months of his early release to change his custody level..Is that true???..
@amickeyfan
Im going to need you to break down that post because from the looks of it he may qualify for the pre work release..can you explain that a lil more to me...his CO seems like she wants him to know what he wanna do as soon as he comes in front of her and I have no idea on what to tell him and he doesnt either..

Old 12-08-2011, 06:16 PM

He is at minimum custody now.. and has 31 months left.. don't sweat him going to community level.. he is way toooooo early to get to community now. He will be dropped to community when they are ready to allow him to go to a WRC. The drop in custody can be the last step in the process of going if need be.. 31 months is a way to go before getting to a WRC.