Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MARYLAND > Maryland Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Maryland Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Maryland.

Old 01-23-2012, 04:16 PM

Default Needing information on Maryland DOC, sentencing, etc, plz?!

my husband and i have really no clue what we are looking at. worst case scenerio is 5.5 yrs in md doc for vop on burglary and theft charges. in my lil town/ county its so so on the predictable side. he had 3 yrs probation and made it 2.5 yrs, unfortunately he developed 40+ kidney stones, he had this happen about 8 yrs ago but back then he was also a crack addict which after a ok doc term of 3yrs he has been clean from now over 5yrs, but while sick this time the dr gave him oxycodone and was giving him 200-450 a month which led to a cds charge and a violation. Staying clean from oxys is starting to scare me he swears he never wants to ever be addicted to anything again and that he should have been less trusting of the dr and listened to me about the addiction forming, i have been researching and speaking with rehabs and they have scared me about how it has effected him and how long it could take for him to physically be unaddicted. they make it sound that even his mind and will power might not be enough. i didn't think anything could be harder than 25 yr crack addiction so i would appreciate anyones input (good or bad) on oxy addiction too! my main question for the whole pto community is 1. is burglary considered violent in doc? what is the patuxent institute? and if he gets his full back up time (which i don't know if this is wishful thinking or just growing up in this town but i don't feel he will get the entire time, we are asking for drug court and will have his entire restitution paid) which is 5.5 yrs how long before he will get parole or released? Is burglary considered violent in the prison? or where can i found out information about violent and non violent in prison? and what are visits like on the yards? can we touch? how long are they? how long does classification take? where can i find information out about the process? and any other information anyone can help me with? thank you in advance and my apologies for the length of my thread!

Last edited by lylyjones75; 01-23-2012 at 04:31 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2012, 04:33 PM

Default another question?

can i find the prison handbook online for maryland? i was able to find the oklahoma doc/ prison handbook online, is there one for maryland and if so where?
Old 01-23-2012, 04:43 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 36,998 Times in 17,075 Posts

Try this Maryland DOC page: http://www.dpscs.state.md.us/agencies/doc.shtml

I can't answer your other questions as I am from Kentucky....and unfortunately, every state is different in their policies/procedures.

I do want to welcome you to PTO!

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 01-24-2012, 11:59 PM

i THINK it may depend if its first degree, second degree, etc. but i know first degree burglary is charged as a violent crime.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:19 AM

Burglary (1st, 2nd and/or 3rd)=Violent Crime
Old 02-28-2012, 02:00 PM

As bad as this sounds, alot of your questions will take time to answer - the courts time. Maryland DOC is alot of hurry up and wait. Nothing ever happens fast. As for your visits, you will need to contact the specific facility regarding that - they are all different. You seem to be very overwhelmed in your post - I hope things have settled down for you and things work out.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:04 PM

I know I'm kind of late but in some cases burglary is considered violent and Patuexent used to be for the criminaly insane but now since they have closed the House in Jessup they are moving everybody all over the place and visit are different at each prison is different but u can go inmatelocator.com to see specific visiting info but Pautuxent has a lot of drug programs but when u first go in they classify u like in a couple weeks and that will determine ur security level and where u go