Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > FLDOC - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

FLDOC - What You Need to Know Information relating to the Florida Department of Corrections. Q&A for those new to the FLDOC system should be posted here.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:52 PM
Mrs.Jimenez

Default How long does it take for an inmate to get transfer to their permanent camp

How long does it take for an inmatte to get transfer to their permanant camp? I miss talking to him! I called his CO and she told me that while he's still in reception, they can't receive any letters or make any calls.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2012, 08:25 PM
Waiting for Mike

Thanked 1,304 Times in 978 Posts

That's crap!

They can receive and send mail from the first day that they arrive at reception, as long as they have paper and envelopes and stamps to use. You can put money on their canteen account so they can buy them, or you can send them a packet with 10 sheets of writing paper and ten SASE's in it so he will have the supplies whether or not he gets a chance to go to the canteen. He'll be given any mail that arrives addressed correctly to him (must include his DC# from the DOC website) as soon as you start sending it.

He can also make phone calls from reception AFTER his phone list is approved. He has to turn in a list to his CO of the phone numbers he wants to be able to call and they have to be approved. You may have to send in some paperwork - your phone bill and cell phone contract - to be approved. And you have to set up a pre-paid account with Securus so he can call you collect. The phone approval process can take 2-4 weeks and many inmates have left their reception camp before it is completed, but if they are still there when their list is approved, they can certainly make calls from the reception camp.

The Following User Says Thank You to NAN425 For This Useful Post:
anegan (12-08-2012)
Old 10-26-2012, 05:26 AM
Mrs.Jimenez

I received his letters but after the fourth one, he says that he hasn't receive any of my letters. I send him canteen money already and he was able to purchase stuff.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:01 AM
Waiting for Mike

Thanked 1,304 Times in 978 Posts

Incoming mail is more carefully examined so it can take more time to get there.

Questions to consider that could also delay your mail or keep it from being delivered:

1) Was it properly addressed? Last name, first name DC # on first line, name of facility, etc.

2) Did it have sufficient postage? (A long letter or one with lots of pictures might need extra stamps)

3) Was there something about the letters not allowed by rule - photos that showed too much, stickers on the outside of the envelope besides mailing labels, or something else that might be considered questionable? Even just sending too many of an item like blank paper or photos at once would get a letter rejected and sent back to you, so make sure you know exactly what the rules are to make sure your mail gets through.

Also, remember that there is a delay in your getting his letters. That letter that said that he hadn't gotten any of your mail was written at least several days ago by the time you got it. Look at the date on it. He may have started getting your mail after that was written.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:21 PM
Mrs.Jimenez

Trust me, I made sure that everything was right. I send the first one about two weeks ago and I already received five letters from him after the date I send him from the first one. I put his full name, DOC #, address and the letter was only 3 pages.