Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Federal prison Visitation info & issues, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 08-30-2017, 04:02 PM

Default What phone service provider do Federal prisons use for inmate calls?

My husband is go to be transfer from state to federal I use gtl for phone service who do you use for the feds?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2017, 04:56 PM

Corrlinks is who we use..... once he is transferred he will meet with his counselor and will get set up on the phone and email system. You will get an email request from him through Corrlinks.
Old 08-30-2017, 04:58 PM

Thank you
Old 08-30-2017, 06:18 PM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,840 Times in 13,683 Posts

To receive his calls from the bop's inmate telephone system, ITS, doesn't require any action by you. The one exception is if he calls you collect, rather than paying for the calls himself, your phone must accept collect calls.

Before he can call, his counselor has to activate his approved calling numbers in the prison computer, and he has to wait to receive his 9 digit phone pin in the mail.

For email activation, you must reply to his invitation email, so be sure to check your spam folder too.
Old 08-30-2017, 07:14 PM

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to cleanfiend For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
To receive his calls from the bop's inmate telephone system, ITS, doesn't require any action by you. The one exception is if he calls you collect, rather than paying for the calls himself, your phone must accept collect calls.

Before he can call, his counselor has to activate his approved calling numbers in the prison computer, and he has to wait to receive his 9 digit phone pin in the mail.

For email activation, you must reply to his invitation email, so be sure to check your spam folder too.
I would still like to know why my friend has been told he can't have email access! I know his CP conviction involved a computer but he wouldn't be able to access the internet, right? I love sitting down every night, and morning, to write him but I'm concerned about what happens if one of us has an emergency!

Anyone have an idea?
Old 08-31-2017, 09:24 PM

I'm sorry John. In case of a family emergency, you can contact the prison. Unfortunately, email is only a privilege and not a right. I feel bad that your friend isn't allowed to email, however, you are lucky you still have phone calls and good old fashioned snail mail. Some don't have that. Hopefully you won't have any emergencies rise during your friend's time away.
The Following User Says Thank You to His_Queen13 For This Useful Post:
John M (09-01-2017)
Old 09-01-2017, 04:48 AM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,840 Times in 13,683 Posts

It depends on the warden. I was never allowed access to the closed email system. A friend was also denied at Petersburg Medium, but was approved when he transferred to a different prison.