Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > Crime & Court Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Crime & Court Talk News and discussion on all things to do with crime and/or the court system.

View Poll Results: Should Lil Kim be serving time in a more private place?
yes 24 23.53%
no 78 76.47%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 09:41 AM
loved!

Thanked 1,147 Times in 715 Posts

fed-x,
opinion well respected hehe. but i'm still in question about a few things. but then again, the research is all over the place and it changes. i guess some people (like me) just feel like the system targets certain others for reasons that they would never approve of (not only race and class either). but i think the episode of city confidential is called, "Murder in the Hamptons" or something similar.

one luv,
thanks for the info.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:52 PM
Banned

She is just another number to the BOP. Put her in Gen Pop and see how thug life she can be likes she raps about.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:30 PM

She lied to the Grand Jury. Also, she was sworn under oath. She should have told the truth from the beginning. There should be no special prisons for celebrities or high profile inmates. They are flesh and blood just like the rest of society.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:37 PM
Immanuel-God With Us

First she should not have lied. Second, she's African American. Not as much money at Martha.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:36 PM

I dont think lil kim or any other celebrity should be given special treatment just because they are rich or famous..
Old 10-08-2005, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInOz
I personally don't have a lot of sympathy for her, she seems to have gotten off fairly lightly in any case. There's a saying... if you ask for trouble, then more often than not, you will get it.

I totally agree

Old 10-08-2005, 01:08 AM

She probably wont even have to do the whole year.

Old 10-09-2005, 06:08 PM
Closed

I kinda agree with what Fed-X said about her previous record. That there is possibly some trues that maybe she could have something on her record but a part of being rich and famous is that we would never hear that part. One thing I know holds true about Federal time is that you are going to do the full sentence so I am sure she'll do a year but a year is minimal and very light compared to what some individuals get.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:47 PM

She puts her panties on just like the rest of us when we wear them. I don't think her wealth or status should influence the decision of the court. If it were any of us, we would have been locked up so who died and made her any different. I am sorry that anyone gets in trouble but we are all the same and what is good for the poor joe blow is good enough for her too.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:48 PM
Glad to be alive.

The judge has ruled. It is irrelevant what I think.

Hope Lil Kim hangs tough...I am sure she will.
(one_luv great points you made here!)

Last edited by MiaBellaAngela; 10-20-2005 at 06:50 PM..
Old 10-20-2005, 08:32 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJFL
She lied to the Grand Jury. Also, she was sworn under oath. She should have told the truth from the beginning. There should be no special prisons for celebrities or high profile inmates. They are flesh and blood just like the rest of society.
I want to know who her lawyer was.. I mean, he should have told her in no uncertain terms not to lie... Hell, even plead the 5th (which they then give you immunity and squeeze you to rat) but don't lie to them.. Any lawyer worth their salt can tell you that. In Martha's case, she was just talking to a fed-cop-investigator as far as I know. I bet she wouldn't have made that mistake being sworn in..

Most people don't understand the difference in lying to a regular cop and lying to a federal agent.. You can lie all day and night to cops but if they can even make it look like you lied to a fed, they hit you for time on that alone!

Of course, here is the big screw on that one... They can lie to you as much as they want, which is total BS...

As for Lil Kim making it on the inside... I bet she won't have a problem at all unless she tries to punk someone or if they put her up in a medium or above and she tries to ride high..
Old 11-01-2005, 01:26 PM

Hi Everyone, the only reason I saw this thread is because I am being sentenced to Philadelphia FDC, and someone told me Lil Kim will be there. I just want to say that I am going to this place, and I committed a white collar crime (embezzlement), and was never in trouble before. I really thought I was going to a prison camp, but this was not the card I got in this deal. I don't know much about this federal system, but I am learning. I guess I just wanted to add to this thread because I was assigned to this place as well. I would say I am just your average white middle class person who made a terrible mistake, yet is a crime nonetheless. I am just hoping it isn't too rough there...I am very scared to say the least. For me, going to this place isn't a race issue, I am guessing it is where they have room for me, I don't know. I just hope the time will pass, and I will be a stronger person (and much wiser) as a result. Take care
Dee
Old 12-24-2005, 09:28 AM
Banned

Default kim is a ryder

I'm sure Kim will do fine.She is from the streets b4 all the $$.She had a hard life and was able to make it out the ghetto w/o killing,robbing or hurting anyone.For whatever reason,she chose to 'lie' and not SNITCH , she knew what she could possibly be dealin with.I hope she uses this as an opportunity to get more $$ in avenues other than music and show all the haters that she will rise above!!
Old 12-24-2005, 02:50 PM

Thumbs up Bravo, One_Luv...very well stated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_luv
Anyone who has ever done any research will find that there is an overwhelming amount of disparity in the criminal justice system. Race and class is an issue. You are right that crime knows no barrier, but prosecution, conviction and sentencing does. If you don't already know this, than you don't have much experience with the criminal justice system. I am not emphasing only race, but class as well.

I am not going to get into a heated discussion about racial politics because it's pointless. Many who have never lived without white privelage will never understand, and my postings won't make a difference. But do I think L'il Kim got the treatment she did because of her skin color? I don't know because I am not familar with the details of her case, trial and conviction. Her background and connections had a lot to do with, and she is from a different culture than those whoe were on the jury. But are there other people who are in prison simply for being the "wrong" color? Thousands. Simply look at who is on Death Row on Texas.

How is lying to a jury violent? Where is she serving time at?

I remember that Kim was in some trouble before she was famous. I think they have less worry about something bad happening to her in prison. She's got game and street survival, where Martha was clueless. I think that this is going to boost her career, and make her a stronger person that is more connected to her people. Good things can come out of this.
Bravo, One Luv, very well stated!! Race and class are real issues in today's America as well as in our present world. We all are effected by it and could use a paradigm shift(a change in our mindset, in our thinking!). And let us ponder this... to be blind and silent to these very genuine and bona fide disparities is similar to the people of Germany who were "blind and silent" to the killing of over six million jews and others during the Holocaust. In my opinion, it doesn't impinge on only one race or class, it have an emotional impact on us all.
Remember, our loved ones are living in a system where these matters of race and class differences challenges them each and everyday.

And as far as Miss LiL Kim is concerned, she'll be just fine with her 366 days. I wish my Honey had only 366 days to serve. Truly, it would be a Merry, Merry, Merry Christmas !!!

Lots of Love to everyone, Happy Holidays!
Old 12-24-2005, 03:02 PM

I do not condone Kim's behavior (heck, I don't condone half of what she says. IMO, she shouldn't be in a co-ed facility like the one she's in and she shouldn't be in the general pop. Has anyone ever listened to her lyrics? All the sex she talks about? Its a danger to her to have her in the general pop. I'm not saying that she got too much time; she lied under oath...she could have gotten a lot more time. I just don't think that they should have a celebrity in the general population of a county type jail...it isn't safe. The judge said Martha's sentence was shorter because her crimes weren't violent and Kim lied about a violent crime...yeah right and I'm Beyonce. I'm no racist and I do not mean to offend anyone...but I highly doubt that she'd be in that particular jail if she were Martha Stewart.

Last edited by abeautifulsoul2; 12-24-2005 at 03:23 PM..
Old 12-24-2005, 05:17 PM
Closed

For everyone who keeps saying she needs more security and she isnt safe in that prison, you do realize that in order to make her "safer" and give her added "security", they will put her in a max prison or in SHU? There is no logic on saying that she should do time where Martha Stewert did time because she needs more security. Its not the way the BOP works and most of you guys should know better.

I also do not see the correlation between Martha Stewert and Lil Kim. Martha's contemporary would be Oprah Winfrey, not Lil Kim. Oprah was never in trouble with the law and if she caught a case and didnt get treated like Martha, I would be right there calling foul.
Old 12-24-2005, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flygirlaa2
For everyone who keeps saying she needs more security and she isnt safe in that prison, you do realize that in order to make her "safer" and give her added "security", they will put her in a max prison or in SHU? There is no logic on saying that she should do time where Martha Stewert did time because she needs more security. Its not the way the BOP works and most of you guys should know better.

I also do not see the correlation between Martha Stewert and Lil Kim. Martha's contemporary would be Oprah Winfrey, not Lil Kim. Oprah was never in trouble with the law and if she caught a case and didnt get treated like Martha, I would be right there calling foul.
I compared Martha Stewart to Lil Kim because they are both rich celebrity women who committed felonies in the same state (NY) within a year of each other. Martha was sent to a prison camp (which is quite different from county jail) and Kim was released into the general population. The woman got rich for marketing her sexuality...she could get raped in the general pop of a co-ed prison..that's all I'm saying. Kim's a liar, she lied to protect people who hurt other people...she deserves everyday she got and probably more...but she also deserves to be safe. The forum asked for opinions and this is mine; the girl needs to be in protective custody if she is going to be in a co-ed prison, because where I'm from she's looked at as a sex symbol and some people "should know better" (as you so eloquently put it), than to put a woman who publicly glorifies her sexual exploits in a jail with MEN and no protection.

Last edited by abeautifulsoul2; 12-24-2005 at 07:04 PM..
Old 12-24-2005, 06:59 PM
Closed

My first post to this thread was in 9-21-05, I didnt follow you anywhere to "pounce" on anything. I HAVE been following this thread long before you even registered on PTO.

Not everything is about YOU.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:03 PM
Closed

For the record, I am dealing with racial disparity in the BOP like a lot of other members here, anytime there is an allegation of discrimination, it interests me. But, I think trying to make an issue of Lil Kim's housing as compared to Martha Stewerts isnt crediable. Which is what this thread is about.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:13 PM

Quote:
For the record, I am dealing with racial disparity in the BOP like a lot of other members here, anytime there is an allegation of discrimination, it interests me. But, I think trying to make an issue of Lil Kim's housing as compared to Martha Stewerts isnt crediable. Which is what this thread is about.
Fair enough. That's your opinion, I just think putting her in the general pop, which includes men is an accident waiting to happen...that's just me. I'm not arguing about it. And I know everything is not about me. I don't want beef with anyone on here, I just like to state my opinions. If you don't like me, just don't say anything to me please...because quite frankly I get tired of dealing with people who don't like me and make a point of showing it. I get my feelings crushed enough in real life, I came here for support...you don't like me, don't say anything about me. ...you see my sn don't say anything to me and I won't say anything to you...its that simple. I know that you were referencing me...since I was the one who made all of the comments that you were countering. If I was mistaken, than fine. Just please don't say anything to me, if you don't have anything decent to say; I have enough issues, I don't need net-beef.

Last edited by abeautifulsoul2; 12-24-2005 at 07:20 PM..
Old 12-24-2005, 07:21 PM
Closed

Dont like you? Man I dont even KNOW you. I havent said a thing about you. You seem to have some issues and I aint borrowing them, I am gonna let you keep them all for yourself.

PS. Lil' Kim isnt housed with men. Male and female prisoners are kept separate.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Dont like you? Man I dont even KNOW you. I havent said a thing about you. You seem to have some issues and I aint borrowing them, I am gonna let you keep them all for yourself.

PS. Lil' Kim isnt housed with men. Male and female prisoners are kept separate.

She doesn't have to be for them to rape her...I've been raped, I should know she doesn't need to be housed with them for them to find a way to get her if they want to. I do not have issues, I have problems with people who start pouncing on other's opinion and then when I respond you try to act as if you weren't making a reference to my post. Which incidental was the one just before...but this is pointless. I just don't think she should be in that particular jail w/o P.C.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:43 PM
Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeautifulsoul2
I know that you were referencing me...since I was the one who made all of the comments that you were countering. If I was mistaken, than fine.
Take the time to review the thread. Since I posted last (prior to today) SEVERAL people were debating the issue which INCLUDED the Marthat Stewert comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeautifulsoul2
Just please don't say anything to me, if you don't have anything decent to say; I have enough issues, I don't need net-beef.
I havent done a single thing to you. I havent said anything that wasnt "decent".

And I will take you at your own word when you said you got enough issues and reiterate, I aint borrowing yours. You can keep them all for yourself.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:47 PM

Hi, just wanted to get this thread back to it's original intent. Any misunderstandings in opinions should not be turned into heated debates on the open board. Some of you have been around long enough to know that when conflict takes over a thread and goes completely off-topic, the thread will be closed. It's an old thread anyway and due to be closed soon, let's make sure it isn't closed on a sour note.

Thanks You

~NuBeginning

Last edited by NuBeginning; 12-31-2005 at 12:01 AM..
Old 12-30-2005, 11:42 PM
Neighborhood Parolee :-}

On little Kim's jail time;

She could of gotten a lot more; the only thing that got her less was her money.

I think because she is a celebrity she should have been placed in PC (protective custody) the feds must have that or something similar.

Celebraties often have a security entorages (sp?) on the streets because of death threats obsessed fans etc. I would think she would be in more danger in prison.

[OT]Shyne (rapper) has been in PC the whole he's been in prison. I actually seen him at Downstate, he was on some sort of transfer and he was in the PC yard.
Closed Thread