Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Texas Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 04-14-2017, 04:01 PM

Default Is there any way I can get contact visits with my boyfriend in TDCJ??

Is it true that I am unable to have contact visits with my boyfriend? I read on the TDCJ website that only immediate family could have contact visits. If so, is there a way around this?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2017, 06:41 PM

Once you have built up a visiting history you can request a contact visit from the warden. He/she doesn't have to grant it but it doesn't hurt to ask.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coachy1 For This Useful Post:
OnlyInTexas (04-14-2017), Sarianna (04-15-2017)
Old 04-15-2017, 01:50 AM
Midnight Sun Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 1,409 Times in 725 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk, thank you for joining us! What coachy1 suggests above sounds like a solid plan to me - have you visited him at all yet? I hope you will find a way. Keep us posted on how things develop!
Old 04-18-2017, 06:06 AM

That is true. But if hes at a unit that only has contact visits you can get it another way is if his status changes. Mine became a trustee so all his visits were contact. Otherwise your visits will be behind the glass
Old 04-19-2017, 07:48 PM

There is always a chance, but it is entirely up to the warden. It helps if he has no family that visits or if he has family that visits, they visit VERY rarely.

It is nice when he is at a unit where everyone gets contact visits though. We had that for the first couple of years. And then we were blessed by a warden that saw that I was the only one who visited on a regular basis.