Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Georgia should be posted here.

Old 03-03-2019, 08:06 PM

Default Petition for Clemency - decision timeframe?

In July of 2017, I hired a firm in Florida called National Clemency Project to do a petition for clemency for my son. The petition was done swiftly and it was very well executed, a bargain for the price ($1,750). After it was filed, my son got a letter from Steve Baustin, Senior Hearing Examiner, saying that he had been set a TPM and the petition was placed in his file.

In mid 2018, I emailed the Board of Pardons and Paroles and requested the status of the petition. I received a reply saying that the petition was not in my son's file. I asked what I needed to do to get the petition in my son's file so it can be reviewed, and they said to scan it and email them the file as a PDF, which they previously said to NEVER do.

I sent them the scanned petition around the third week of July, 2018. We now find ourselves in March of 2019, and neither me or my son have received anything from the board regarding the petition. My son told me not to email the board and ask them about it because he doesn't want it to seem like we're bugging them and have it negatively affect their decision.

My son has been incarcerated since 2010, he's never received a disciplinary report, never been to the hole, completed his case plan, gotten his GED and OJT certifications in maintenance and general office clerk. Does anyone have any idea what his chances of getting clemency are? Or perhaps how long we have to wait for a decision?

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2019, 10:47 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 34,228 Times in 15,748 Posts

All I've been able to find is that it takes "several months."

https://www.cjpf.org/clemency-ga/

patchouli, PTO Admin